The Loan Processor is responsible for processing the full document process by managing the customer relationship from application to closing while ensuring the all necessary steps are in accordance with internal policies and procedures to bring the transaction to a ready to close status. This position will obtain essential documentation, submit to underwriting within determined timeframes and work with customer to satisfy all conditions of approval within sale ability guidelines.
Essential Job Functions:
- Encompass experience
- FHA VA CONVENTIONAL Mortgage Processing experience
- Cultivate and maintain a close relationship with all parties involved in the mortgage transaction.
- Gather information and take each file from underwriting decision to closing.
- Obtain borrower documentation once underwriting decision has been obtained
- Responsible for keeping borrower informed from the time loan is decision through closing.
- Set and maintain proper expectation to all parties on the file (including internal customers, e.g., loan officers, sales managers).
- Input proper loan information into the system for processing.
- Responsible for ensuring that all loan documentation is complete accurate verified and complies with company policy.
- Verify loan documents including income, assets, credit, appraisal and title insurance; in addition to, verifying application for final submission to underwriting.
- Review file documentation and make sure all items needed are requested. Order and coordinate loan documents. Communicate with borrowers, fellow employees and clients in a manner that shows sensitivity, tact, and professionalism
- Responsible for using independent judgment/decision-making to look at ways to improve the origination process through information received from our customers.
- Responsible for managing anticipated closing date.
- Responsible for managing rate lock expiration date.
- Maintain communication with customers and loan officers throughout the processing period, ensuring that customer and Loan officer questions or concerns were resolved, that required documentation was received, and that underwriting decisions were communicated clearly.
Position Requirements: Qualifications:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential function satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
Education and/or Experience:
High School diploma or equivalent required. Associate's degree (A. A.) or equivalent from two-year College or Technical school preferred; and a minimum of three (3) years’ experience processing mortgage loans. Must have experience processing full doc purchase transactions, strong Conventional, FHA, VA, Housing and government loan mortgage processing experience; knowledge of how to read DU findings. Able to work in a fast paced team environment, be detailed oriented and MS Office proficient.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public. Requires excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions. Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
This job description does not list all the duties of the job. You may be asked by your supervisors or managers to perform other duties. You will be evaluated in part based upon your performance of the tasks and functions listed in this job description. The employer has the right to revise this job description at any time. The job description is not a contract for employment, and either you or the employer may terminate employment at any time, for any reason.
Career development and advancement
Working at Freedom, you have the chance to invest in yourself. From on-the-job training to advancement opportunities, and from tuition assistance to our annual internal leadership conference, we’re focused on upskilling, achieving, and celebrating.Learn More
We run huge company-sponsored donation events and contests, as well as offer paid volunteer time so you can commit your support to the causes which you care about most.Learn More
Holidays and paid time off
We offer ample paid time off including multiple paid holidays — because your downtime and well-being are just as important to us as your time in work mode.Learn More
Our salaries are competitive — rewarding your experiences, contributions, and hard work. We also have a 401K plan which provides a matching contribution.Learn More
We offer several medical benefits plans and options to choose from including dental, vision, disability and life insurance, dependent care and flexible spending.Learn More
Pets are part of the family too! We offer comprehensive vet insurance to make sure your cats are cared for, your pups are prioritized, and your lizards looked-after.Learn More
The Senior Loan Processor is responsible for processing the full document process by managing the customer relationship from application to closing while ensuring the all necessary steps are in accordance with internal policies and procedures to brin…
The Payment Processor is responsible for accurately and timely processing of customer mortgage payments to the servicing system daily. This position will work collaboratively with business units to ensure company guidelines and processes are met…
Summary Assist their assigned Retail Loan Officers in Sales, Marketing and Post-Application activities Essential Job Functions: Perform specific tasks assigned by Loa…
Loan Officer (Retail Mortgage Sales) Soar With Us Flying ahead of the flock for over 30 years, we at Freedom Mortgage have taken millions of Americans under our wing and helped them achieve their dreams of financial bette…
· Perform various functions on mortgage servicing system, including but not limited to, review/clear assigned tasks within required timeframes; document required notations; monitor vendor ta…
The Fast Track Sales Level 1 is a pathway to becoming a customer focused Loan Advisor and sales professional within the Call Center department. Employees will provide high quality service by assisting potential and current customers in selecting…
Freedom Mortgage is seeking a Senior Data Analyst to work with our business, operations, governance, and technology teams to analyze data and drive insights including data quality, missing or incomplete elements, and ensure …
The Supervisor, Loss Mitigation - Business Process Analyst will be responsible, directly or through staff, for protecting the assets of the company in bankruptcies, repossessions and other legal proceedings. This position plans, directs, s…
Soar with Us Flying ahead of the flock for over 30 years, we at Freedom Mortgage have taken millions of Americans under our wing and helped them achieve their dreams of financial betterment and homeownership. Th…