The Customer Advocate/Mortgage Loan Processor is responsible for processing Purchase loan applications in compliance with mortgage lending and applicable investor guidelines. Performs duties such as analyzing the loan application, assessing creditworthiness and the likelihood that a loan applicant will be able to repay the debt, analyzing the AUS /Guidelines as they pertain to the loan product and sales structure, reviewing title commitments and fees, ordering subordinations and allocating fees properly in the system. Responsible for monitoring the loan process and managing the proper expectations with the clients and the sales staff through closing. Based on these assessments, the Customer Advocate makes mortgage loan recommendations for all Government and Conforming Full Doc products. The Customer Advocate works on a blend of all products based on pipeline management ability.
Essential Job Functions include:
- Excellent Customer Service. The Customer Advocate is the primary point of contact for customers and real estate agents, and may act as liaison between the borrower, underwriter and loan advisor. Is required to adhere to established service level agreements and provide periodic status updates, and timely return all incoming inquiry calls.
- Verifies, compiles, and types application information for mortgage loans and or titles: Performs a general evaluation of the residential loan application file to verify that application data is complete and meets established standards, including type and amount of mortgage, borrower assets, liabilities, and length of employment and marital status.
- Recommends that title and loan not meeting standards be restructured or denied.
- Submit to Underwriting when Appraisal, Title and Credit are in.
- Provides quality loan processing, reviewing files for adherence to underwriting standards, and ensuring completeness prior to submission for underwriting for approval.
- Submits approved mortgage loan file to the Mortgage Loan Closer for settlement.
- Records data on status of loans, including number of new applications and loans approved, canceled, or denied, using computer
- Responsible for 50 preapproval/loan inventory, with 15 + loan closings per month
- Utilize Appointment Model to provide follow up to customers and agents on preapprovals and active loans
Other Related Duties:
Performs other related duties as assigned.
This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential function satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Outstanding communication and customer service skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- Well versed in the mortgage process flow and established SLA’s
- Highly skilled on the phone, very organized and able to handle the overall customer experience with outstanding service.
Education and/or Experience:
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED)required, BA Preferred
- Prior experience (1-3 years) as a Full doc mortgage loan processor
- Prior experience working with FHA, VA and Conventional loan products
- Ability to multi-task and work in a fast-paced team environment
- MS office proficient
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, and percentages. Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
Ability to carry out detailed written and/or verbal instructions. Ability to solve problems involving concrete variables in standardized situations. Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
Physical Demands :
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
This job description does not list all the duties of the job. You may be asked by your supervisors or managers to perform other duties. You will be evaluated in part based upon your performance of the tasks and functions listed in this job description. The employer has the right to revise this job description at any time. The job description is not a contract for employment, and either you or the employer may terminate employment at any time, for any reason.
Americans with Disabilities Act:
Applicants as well as employees who are or become disabled must be able to perform the essential job functions either unaided or with reasonable accommodation. Applicants as well as employees are encouraged to meet with Human Resources as the organization shall determine reasonable accommodation on a case-by-case basis in accordance with applicable law.
Career development and advancement
Working at Freedom, you have the chance to invest in yourself. From on-the-job training to advancement opportunities, and from tuition assistance to our annual internal leadership conference, we’re focused on upskilling, achieving, and celebrating.Learn More
We run huge company-sponsored donation events and contests, as well as offer paid volunteer time so you can commit your support to the causes which you care about most.Learn More
Holidays and paid time off
We offer ample paid time off including multiple paid holidays — because your downtime and well-being are just as important to us as your time in work mode.Learn More
Our salaries are competitive — rewarding your experiences, contributions, and hard work. We also have a 401K plan which provides a matching contribution.Learn More
We offer several medical benefits plans and options to choose from including dental, vision, disability and life insurance, dependent care and flexible spending.Learn More
Pets are part of the family too! We offer comprehensive vet insurance to make sure your cats are cared for, your pups are prioritized, and your lizards looked-after.Learn More
The IT Manager of Operational Excellence will create critical scheduled or ad-hoc analysis and reports regarding variable compensation, system adoption, sales team performance, operations pull-through, process turn times, and summarized financia…
Summary The Customer Advocate is responsible for processing loan applications in compliance with mortgage lending and applicable investor guidelines. Performs duties such as analyzing the loan application, as…
Summary: The Loan Credit Advisor/Underwriter is responsible for reviewing loan applications in conjunction with Credit, Income, and Asset documentation to determine if loan is to be submitted to …
Summary: The Senior Business Analyst will provide the Acquisition Call Center Vertical support for daily tasks and functions related to Call Center Reporting and Call Center Analysis. Responsible for monitoring KP…
Summary The Customer Advocate is responsible for processing loan applications in compliance with mortgage lending and applicable investor guidelines. Performs duties such as analyzing the loan app…
Remote Opportunity The Loan Credit Advisor/Underwriter is responsible for reviewing loan applications in conjunction with Credit, Income, and Asset documentatio…
Non Producing Sales Manager Location: Mount Laurel, NJ Freedom Mortgage is currently looking for a Non Producing Sales Manager …
Summary The Supervise, Customer Advocates will manage a staff of existing and new personnel. This individual will coordinate the operational and personnel issues within the operations and serve as an escalation po…
Summary: Using a variety of tools, the Data and Reporting Analyst will provide reports, data extracts, and/or analysis of output to support organizational objectives and operations. Working with business partners, the …