The Assumption/Loss Mitigation Loan Processor will underwrite for loss mitigation options - all workout types on all loan types. It will be necessary for the processor to have experience in Full Doc Conventional, VA and FHA loan processing. Other duties may be assigned.
Essential Job Functions:
- Must have experience in Mortgage Loan Processing of Full Document loans (FHA, VA, CONV and USDA)
- Initiates and maintains contact with customers throughout the processing period, assisting them with any questions and notifying them of any additional information needed.
- Verify loan documents including income, assets, credit, appraisal and title insurance.
- Verifying application for final submission to underwriting.
- Input proper loan information into the system for processing.
- Responsible for ensuring that all loan documentation is complete accurate verified and complies with company policy.
- Submits loans through DU and orders and follows up on any outside services such as credit reports, title
- Satisfies conditions and ensures documentation meets requirements
- Monitors loans in process to determine any deviation from standard processing time and to take appropriate actions including notifying the manager for alternatives to ensure timely service
- Sets and maintains proper expectations to all parties
- Establishes accurate closing date and monitors promised closing dates to meet those established. Meets standards for closing percentages of loans processed
- Performs final review of the completed application packages and prepares the file for approval, specifying any applicable conditions to the approval
- Notifies the customer of the underwriting decision
- Prepares, if applicable, the "Decline Letter" and ensures accurate disclosure of the reason(s) for the adverse action at whatever time during the processing period it is determined that applicants do not qualify
- Researches problems and files documents as required
- Must be familiar with Loss Mitigation options
- Must be knowledgeable in Mortgage Servicing
Other Related Duties:
Performs other related duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential function satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
Education and/or Experience:
- Bachelors degree preferred.
- Minimum 3 years of mortgage loan processing preferred.
- Detailed knowledge of FHA, VA, Conventional, USDA.
- General tax returns knowledge.
- Must be proficient with the calculation of income and assets.
- Current Mortgage Loan Processing knowledge and background required.
- Read, interpret and apply applicable laws, rules, regulations and/or policies and procedures.
- Demonstrate interpersonal, organizational and time management skills.
- Accurately document all information pertaining to accounts.
- Ability to solve problems.
- Encompass experience preferred but not required.
- MS Office proficient
Career development and advancement
Working at Freedom, you have the chance to invest in yourself. From on-the-job training to advancement opportunities, and from tuition assistance to our annual internal leadership conference, we’re focused on upskilling, achieving, and celebrating.Learn More
We run huge company-sponsored donation events and contests, as well as offer paid volunteer time so you can commit your support to the causes which you care about most.Learn More
Holidays and paid time off
We offer ample paid time off including multiple paid holidays — because your downtime and well-being are just as important to us as your time in work mode.Learn More
Our salaries are competitive — rewarding your experiences, contributions, and hard work. We also have a 401K plan which provides a matching contribution.Learn More
We offer several medical benefits plans and options to choose from including dental, vision, disability and life insurance, dependent care and flexible spending.Learn More
Pets are part of the family too! We offer comprehensive vet insurance to make sure your cats are cared for, your pups are prioritized, and your lizards looked-after.Learn More
**THIS POSITION CAN SIT REMOTELY** Candidates near Jacksonville, FL preferred Summary Foreclosure Financial Specialist is responsible for working directly with governmental, special servicing, private label, and high profile investors while making decisions and providing resolutions regarding foreclo…
Summary The Default Referral Analyst I will be responsible for reviewing, analyzing, and processing an assigned portfolio of accounts in pre-foreclosure status. Under the direction of the Default Referral Supervisor, the Default Referral Analyst I will be responsible for the analysis of accounts to ensure the For…
Soar With Us Flying ahead of the flock for over 30 years, we at Freedom Mortgage have taken millions of Americans under our wing and helped them achieve their dreams of financial betterment and homeownership. This is only possible through our vast knowledge base and broad capabilities, and it’s demonstrated by our wi…
Freedom Mortgage Corporation seeks a Software Engineer I in their Boca Raton, FL office responsible for formulating and defining system scope and objectives through research and fact-finding to develop or modify moderately complex information systems. REQUIRED: Bachelor’s degree in Computer Scienc…
Summary The Receptionist is responsible for answering phones; routing messages to the appropriate person or department, general office tasks, providing a secure environment at each location, greeting visitors and managing requires supplies for the location. This position must adhere to the company’s Business Dres…
We are seeking a Senior Software engineer to join our progressive information technology team. This is an opportunity to develop your skills in leading edge technologies. Essential Duties and Responsibilities: Utilize your collaborative skills to work with business partners, IT managers/staff, …