The Loan Processor is responsible for processing the full document process by managing the customer relationship from application to closing while ensuring the all necessary steps are in accordance with internal policies and procedures to bring the transaction to a ready to close status. This position will obtain essential documentation, submit to underwriting within determined timeframes and work with customer to satisfy all conditions of approval within sale ability guidelines.
Essential Job Functions:
- Cultivate and maintain a close relationship with all parties involved in the mortgage transaction.
- Gather information and take each file from underwriting decision to closing.
- Obtain borrower documentation once underwriting decision has been obtain
- Responsible for keeping borrower informed from the time loan is decision through closing.
- Set and maintain proper expectation to all parties on the file (including internal customers, e.g., loan officers, sales managers).
- Input proper loan information into the system for processing.
- Responsible for ensuring that all loan documentation is complete accurate verified and complies with company policy.
- Verify loan documents including income, assets, credit, appraisal and title insurance; in addition to, verifying application for final submission to underwriting.
- Review file documentation and make sure all items needed are requested. Order and coordinate loan documents. Communicate with borrowers, fellow employees and clients in a manner that shows sensitivity, tact, and professionalism
- Responsible for using independent judgment/decision-making to look at ways to improve the origination process through information received from our customers.
- Responsible for managing anticipated closing date.
- Responsible for managing rate lock expiration date.
- Maintain communication with customers and loan officers throughout the processing period, ensuring that customer and Loan officer questions or concerns were resolved, that required documentation was received, and that underwriting decisions were communicated clearly.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential function satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
Education and/or Experience:
- High School diploma or equivalent required. Associate's degree (A. A.) or equivalent from two-year College or Technical school preferred; a minimum of five (5) years’ experience processing full document purchase loans.
- Must have experience processing purchase and refinance transactions, strong 203k, Fannie homestyle, Conventional, FHA, VA, and government loan mortgage processing experience; knowledge of how to read DU findings.
- Proficiency with Encompass a plus.
- Strong organizational skills that reflect the ability to perform and prioritize multiple tasks seamlessly with keen attention to detail.
- Professional verbal and written communication skills.
- Advanced MS Office proficiency.
- Ability to build and maintain effective relationships in a fast paced team environment. Aptitude for decision making, ability to work independently and provide exceptional customer service.
Career development and advancement
Working at Freedom, you have the chance to invest in yourself. From on-the-job training to advancement opportunities, and from tuition assistance to our annual internal leadership conference, we’re focused on upskilling, achieving, and celebrating.Learn More
We run huge company-sponsored donation events and contests, as well as offer paid volunteer time so you can commit your support to the causes which you care about most.Learn More
Holidays and paid time off
We offer ample paid time off including multiple paid holidays — because your downtime and well-being are just as important to us as your time in work mode.Learn More
Our salaries are competitive — rewarding your experiences, contributions, and hard work. We also have a 401K plan which provides a matching contribution.Learn More
We offer several medical benefits plans and options to choose from including dental, vision, disability and life insurance, dependent care and flexible spending.Learn More
Pets are part of the family too! We offer comprehensive vet insurance to make sure your cats are cared for, your pups are prioritized, and your lizards looked-after.Learn More
Summary: The Closing Manager is responsible for management and oversight of the closing department. Managing work flow, assuring all closing documents are in compliance with company, FNMA, FHLMC, FHA, VA and ind…
Summary Performs a variety of RESPA/HMDA related duties for the Traditional Retail (TR) Channel, including handling Adverse Actions, monitoring for and sending 10 Day Letters, resolving duplicate loans, preparing…
Summary The Title Operations Manager is responsible for managing a team of Loan Coordinators / Relationship Managers to ensure that all company policies and procedures have been met including all compliance regula…
(This position can be 100% Remote) The Senior Business Analyst - Enterprise Process Operations is responsible for evaluating and guiding the execution of enterprise mortgage solutions and processes to maximize operatio…
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following: Must have current knowledge of RESPA and TILA guidelines Must have experience preparing mortgage closing d…
Summary Responsible for processing servicing loan documents, in paper and image format, and load them into the document management system to optimize business processes, meet regulatory requirements and customer care need…
The Customer Advocate is responsible for processing Streamline loan applications in compliance with mortgage lending and applicable investor guidelines. Performs duties such as analyzing the loan application, assessing creditworthiness and Guide…
Essential Job Functions: Review CD Review Case Number Assignment, Title Commitments, Insurance Policies, PMI Certification and all loan documents for accuracy. …
Summary Review signed closed loan packages, order funds, ensure compliance with appropriate regulations, and investor requirements. Essential Job Functions: Co…