The Mortgage Loan Processor is responsible for processing loan applications in compliance with mortgage lending and applicable investor guidelines. Performs duties such as analyzing the loan application, assessing creditworthiness and the likelihood that a loan applicant will be able to repay the debt, analyzing the AUS /Guidelines as they pertain to the loan product and sales structure, reviewing title commitments and fees, ordering subordinations and allocating fees properly in the system. Responsible for monitoring the loan process and managing the proper expectations with the client and the sales staff through closing. Based on these assessments, the Customer Advocate makes mortgage loan recommendations for all Government and Conforming Full Doc products. The Customer Advocate works on a blend of all products based on pipeline management ability.
Essential Job Functions include:
- Excellent Customer Service. The Customer Advocate is the primary customer contact, and may act as liaison between the borrower, underwriter and loan advisor. Is required to provide periodic status updates, and timely return all incoming inquiry calls.
- Verifies, compiles, and types application information for mortgage loans and or titles: Performs a general evaluation of the residential loan application file to verify that application data is complete and meets established standards, including type and amount of mortgage, borrower assets, liabilities, and length of employment and marital status.
- Recommends that title and loan not meeting standards be restructured or denied.
- Calls specified companies to obtain property abstract, survey, and appraisal.
- Informs supervisor of discrepancies in title or survey.
- Prepares loan for Initial Closing Disclosure issuance.
- Submit to Underwriting when Appraisal, Title and Credit are in.
- Provides quality loan processing, reviewing files for adherence to underwriting standards, and ensuring completeness prior to submission for underwriting for approval.
- Types and mails approval and denial letters to applicants.
- Submits approved mortgage loan file to the Mortgage Loan Closer for settlement.
- Records data on status of loans, including number of new applications and loans approved, canceled, or denied, using computer.
- Responsible for 40 loan inventory, with 20 loan closings per month.
- Utilize Appointment Model.
- Provide Feedback to Loan Credit Advisor on loan quality.
- Train employees involved in the process how to handle all products.
Other Related Duties:
Performs other related duties as assigned.
This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential function satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Outstanding communication and customer service skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- Well versed in the mortgage process flow and established SLA’s
- Highly skilled on the phone, very organized and able to handle the overall customer experience with outstanding service.
Education and/or Experience:
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) required, BA Preferred
- Prior experience (1-3 years) as a mortgage Conventional Loan Processor. (FHA/VA processing a plus).
Career development and advancement
Working at Freedom, you have the chance to invest in yourself. From on-the-job training to advancement opportunities, and from tuition assistance to our annual internal leadership conference.
We run huge company-sponsored donation events and contests, as well as offering paid volunteer time so you can commit your support to the causes which you care about most.
Holidays and paid time off
We offer ample paid time off including multiple holidays - because our team is our family, and your downtime and wellbeing are just as important to us as your time in work-mode.
Our salaries are competitive - rewarding your experience, hard work, and commitment. We also have a 401K plan which provides a matching contribution.
We offer several medical plans and options to choose from including dental, vision, disability and life insurance, dependent care and flexible spending.
Pets are part of the family too! We offer comprehensive vet insurance to make sure your cats are cared for, your pups are prioritized, and your lizards looked-after.
The Senior Business Analyst in Call Center PMO is responsible to analyze business problems, identify and engage stakeholders, elicit and document business requirements, act as the liaison between Business and IT stakeholders, and ensure the solu…
The Producing Team Lead for Sales provides leadership and guides a team of Loan Advisors to achieve individual and team goals. Essential Job Functions: Communicate the company’s goals and ini…
Summary The primary role of the Call Center Business Control Manager is to oversee departmental and process related audits to determine risks, effectiveness of controls, compliance with requirements, and assess if …
Summary: The Senior Sales Coach provides ongoing Training and Coaching to call center loan advisors in addition to mentoring Sales Coaches. The position is designed to help create an atmosphere of continuous perfor…
Summary: The Junior Business Analyst will provide the Sales Call Center support for daily tasks and functions related to Call Center Reporting and Call Center Analysis. Responsible for monitoring KPIs, gather…
Summary: The Business Project Analyst will provide the Call Center support for daily tasks and functions related to Call Center Systems and Adoption initiatives. Will oversee the reporting, lead management data, mo…
Summary The B.A.S.E. Camp training program is an entry level career path designed to develop certified Call Center Operations trainers. B.A.S.E. Camp will provide participants an understanding of the mor…
Summary: The Business Analyst will provide the Sales Call Center support for daily tasks and functions related to Call Center technology initiatives. The BA will contribute to the execution and tracking of technolo…
The Producing TL for Sales provides leadership and guides a team of Loan Advisors to achieve individual and team goals. Essential Job Functions: Communicate the company’s goals and in…