The Customer Advocate is responsible for processing Streamline loan applications in compliance with mortgage lending and applicable investor guidelines. Performs duties such as analyzing the loan application, assessing creditworthiness and Guidelines as they pertain to the loan product and sales structure. Responsible for monitoring the loan process and managing the proper expectations with the client and the sales staff through closing. Based on these assessments, the Customer Advocate makes mortgage loan recommendations for all Streamline Government products. The Customer Advocate works on a blend of all products based on pipeline management ability.
Essential Job Functions include:
- Excellent Customer Service. The Customer Advocate is the primary customer contact, and may act as liaison between the borrower, underwriter and loan advisor. Is required to provide periodic status updates, and timely return all incoming inquiry calls.
- Verifies, compiles, and types application information for mortgage loans and or titles: Performs a general evaluation of the residential loan application file to verify that application data is complete and meets established standards, including type and amount of mortgage, borrower assets, liabilities, and length of employment and marital status.
- Recommends that title and loan not meeting standards be restructured or denied.
- Prepares loan for Initial Closing Disclosure issuance.
- Provides quality loan processing, reviewing files for adherence to underwriting standards, and ensuring completeness prior to submission for underwriting for approval.
- Submits mortgage loan files to work up for underwriting approval
- Records data on status of loans, including number of new applications and loans approved, canceled, or denied, using computer.
- Responsible for an average 80 streamline loan inventory
- Train employees involved in the process how to handle all streamline products.
Other Related Duties:
Performs other related duties as assigned.
This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential function satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Outstanding communication and customer service skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- Well versed in the mortgage process flow and established SLA’s
- Highly skilled on the phone, very organized and able to handle the overall customer experience with outstanding service.
Education and/or Experience:
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) required, BA Preferred
- Prior experience (1-3 years) as a mortgage FHA/VA Loan Processor.
Career development and advancement
Working at Freedom, you have the chance to invest in yourself. From on-the-job training to advancement opportunities, and from tuition assistance to our annual internal leadership conference, we’re focused on upskilling, achieving, and celebrating.Learn More
We run huge company-sponsored donation events and contests, as well as offer paid volunteer time so you can commit your support to the causes which you care about most.Learn More
Holidays and paid time off
We offer ample paid time off including multiple paid holidays — because your downtime and well-being are just as important to us as your time in work mode.Learn More
Our salaries are competitive — rewarding your experiences, contributions, and hard work. We also have a 401K plan which provides a matching contribution.Learn More
We offer several medical benefits plans and options to choose from including dental, vision, disability and life insurance, dependent care and flexible spending.Learn More
Pets are part of the family too! We offer comprehensive vet insurance to make sure your cats are cared for, your pups are prioritized, and your lizards looked-after.Learn More
Summary The Title Operations Manager is responsible for managing a team of Loan Coordinators / Relationship Managers to ensure that all company policies and procedures have been met including all compliance regula…
Summary: The Closing Manager is responsible for management and oversight of the closing department. Managing work flow, assuring all closing documents are in compliance with company, FNMA, FHLMC, FHA, VA and ind…
Summary Performs a variety of RESPA/HMDA related duties for the Traditional Retail (TR) Channel, including handling Adverse Actions, monitoring for and sending 10 Day Letters, resolving duplicate loans, preparing…
(This position can be 100% Remote) The Senior Business Analyst - Enterprise Process Operations is responsible for evaluating and guiding the execution of enterprise mortgage solutions and processes to maximize operatio…
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following: Must have current knowledge of RESPA and TILA guidelines Must have experience preparing mortgage closing d…
The Loan Processor is responsible for processing the full document process by managing the customer relationship from application to closing while ensuring the all necessary steps are in accordance with internal policies and procedures to…
Summary Responsible for processing servicing loan documents, in paper and image format, and load them into the document management system to optimize business processes, meet regulatory requirements and customer care need…
Essential Job Functions: Review CD Review Case Number Assignment, Title Commitments, Insurance Policies, PMI Certification and all loan documents for accuracy. …
Summary Review signed closed loan packages, order funds, ensure compliance with appropriate regulations, and investor requirements. Essential Job Functions: Co…