The Default Referral Analyst will be responsible for reviewing, analyzing and processing an assigned portfolio of accounts in active bankruptcy of those identified as possible foreclosure referrals. Under the direction of the Default Referral Supervisor, the Default Referral Analyst will be responsible for the analysis of accounts to ensure the Foreclosure or Bankruptcy process is completed accurately in adherence to mandatory state and investor timelines by acting as a liaison between the various areas in default and outside counsel.
Essential Job Functions:
- Responsible for ensuring compliance with directives, both verbal and electronic, from regulatory agencies, CFPB, GSE's, investors and insurers for Default Services functional work groups.
- Review daily reports to ensure investor and Freedom Mortgage guidelines are met timely with respect to breach letters, foreclosure hold statuses, etc to prevent fines and reduce errors found during investor audits.
- Analyze & manage FCL and BKR timeline performance to ensure that no more than 10% of monthly case-load is past standard to eliminate monetary penalties up to $100.00 per day for each day past standard.
- Create and send referral packages to Foreclosure or Bankruptcy counsel based on investor, insurer and Freedom Mortgage guidelines.
- Ensure that all cases in which Freedom Mortgage has exposure are escalated to management & In-house legal.
- Prepare and file Proofs of Claim, Notices of Payment Change, Reaffirmation Agreements, and other bankruptcy related documents.
- Work closely with other default personnel (collections, loss mitigation, and REO) to ensure a seamless transition for loan accounts which move from one are of responsibility to another, for cross training purposes, and to assist other areas due to changes in workload and staffing.
- Review collateral/partial lien releases & gather all necessary information (valuation, proposed compensation, & parcel legal descriptions, etc.) for release of collateral, analyze the proposal for its economic impact on the beneficiary of the loan & make recommendation to management.
- Follow up on all Foreclosure and Bankruptcy required actions monthly to ensure investor guidelines and monthly status requirements are met to prevent fines & reduce errors found during investor audits.
- review of various current reports and assistance with identification of new reports, including ensuring department SLAs are met.
- Establish and foster a work culture at all levels within the operation which is positive, collaborative, respectful, optimistic, and capable of driving long term operational sustainability.
- Prepare files for internal and external audits including miscellaneous research, filing and mailing.
Other Related Duties:
Performs other related duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential function satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
Education and/or Experience:
College Degree or equivalent preferred; 1-3 years Mortgage Default Servicing Claims experience preferred or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Possess the ability to work independently as a team player and adapt to a fluid work environment with changing regulations and processes.
Detail oriented, excellent problem solving and organization skills. Working knowledge of Outlook, Word, Excel and Adobe Professional
Career development and advancement
Working at Freedom, you have the chance to invest in yourself. From on-the-job training to advancement opportunities, and from tuition assistance to our annual internal leadership conference, we’re focused on upskilling, achieving, and celebrating.Learn More
We run huge company-sponsored donation events and contests, as well as offer paid volunteer time so you can commit your support to the causes which you care about most.Learn More
Holidays and paid time off
We offer ample paid time off including multiple paid holidays — because your downtime and well-being are just as important to us as your time in work mode.Learn More
Our salaries are competitive — rewarding your experiences, contributions, and hard work. We also have a 401K plan which provides a matching contribution.Learn More
We offer several medical benefits plans and options to choose from including dental, vision, disability and life insurance, dependent care and flexible spending.Learn More
Pets are part of the family too! We offer comprehensive vet insurance to make sure your cats are cared for, your pups are prioritized, and your lizards looked-after.Learn More
Foreclosure Specialist III Soar With Us Flying ahead of the flock for over 30 years, we at Freedom Mortgage have taken millions of Americans under our wing and helped them achieve the…
Summary Foreclosure Specialist is responsible for working directly with governmental, special servicing, private label, and high profile investors while making decisions and providing resolutions regarding foreclo…
The Jr Dialer Analyst role is responsible for the day-to-day business management of command center operations. This includes daily telephony management, workforce & staffing-level management, data analysis, reporting, and software admin…
Technical Writer Soar With Us Flying ahead of the flock for over 30 years, we at Freedom Mortgage have taken millions of Americans under our wing and helped them achieve their dreams …
Summary The Escalations Specialist is responsible for assisting Freedom’s customers to address disputes or concerns; resolve them in a timely manner, and to ensure the customer’s satisfaction. This will…
The Supervisor, Loss Mitigation - Business Process Analyst will be responsible, directly or through staff, for protecting the assets of the company in bankruptcies, repossessions and other legal proceedings. This position plans, directs, s…
Summary Responsible for creating, updating, and maintaining various types of user documentation, including how-to guides, references, manuals, cheat sheets, or instructions. Work closely with our Compliance Officer to …
Summary Responsible for the underwriting of loss mitigation options for workout types on loan types as assigned. Essential Job Functions: Review “co…
The primary role of the Default Business Control Specialist is to assist in the management of departmental and process related audits to determine risks, effectiveness of controls, compliance with requirements, and assess if performing wi…