The Default Referral Analyst will be responsible for reviewing, analyzing and processing an assigned portfolio of accounts in active bankruptcy of those identified as possible foreclosure referrals. Under the direction of the Default Referral Supervisor, the Default Referral Analyst will be responsible for the analysis of accounts to ensure the Foreclosure or Bankruptcy process is completed accurately in adherence to mandatory state and investor timelines by acting as a liaison between the various areas in default and outside counsel.
Essential Job Functions:
- Responsible for ensuring compliance with directives, both verbal and electronic, from regulatory agencies, CFPB, GSE's, investors and insurers for Default Services functional work groups.
- Review daily reports to ensure investor and Freedom Mortgage guidelines are met timely with respect to breach letters, foreclosure hold statuses, etc to prevent fines and reduce errors found during investor audits.
- Analyze & manage FCL and BKR timeline performance to ensure that no more than 10% of monthly case-load is past standard to eliminate monetary penalties up to $100.00 per day for each day past standard.
- Create and send referral packages to Foreclosure or Bankruptcy counsel based on investor, insurer and Freedom Mortgage guidelines.
- Ensure that all cases in which Freedom Mortgage has exposure are escalated to management & In-house legal.
- Prepare and file Proofs of Claim, Notices of Payment Change, Reaffirmation Agreements, and other bankruptcy related documents.
- Work closely with other default personnel (collections, loss mitigation, and REO) to ensure a seamless transition for loan accounts which move from one are of responsibility to another, for cross training purposes, and to assist other areas due to changes in workload and staffing.
- Review collateral/partial lien releases & gather all necessary information (valuation, proposed compensation, & parcel legal descriptions, etc.) for release of collateral, analyze the proposal for its economic impact on the beneficiary of the loan & make recommendation to management.
- Follow up on all Foreclosure and Bankruptcy required actions monthly to ensure investor guidelines and monthly status requirements are met to prevent fines & reduce errors found during investor audits.
- review of various current reports and assistance with identification of new reports, including ensuring department SLAs are met.
- Establish and foster a work culture at all levels within the operation which is positive, collaborative, respectful, optimistic, and capable of driving long term operational sustainability.
- Prepare files for internal and external audits including miscellaneous research, filing and mailing.
Other Related Duties:
Performs other related duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential function satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
Education and/or Experience:
College Degree or equivalent preferred; 1-3 years Mortgage Default Servicing Claims experience preferred or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Possess the ability to work independently as a team player and adapt to a fluid work environment with changing regulations and processes.
Detail oriented, excellent problem solving and organization skills. Working knowledge of Outlook, Word, Excel and Adobe Professional
Career development and advancement
Working at Freedom, you have the chance to invest in yourself. From on-the-job training to advancement opportunities, and from tuition assistance to our annual internal leadership conference, we’re focused on upskilling, achieving, and celebrating.Learn More
We run huge company-sponsored donation events and contests, as well as offer paid volunteer time so you can commit your support to the causes which you care about most.Learn More
Holidays and paid time off
We offer ample paid time off including multiple paid holidays — because your downtime and well-being are just as important to us as your time in work mode.Learn More
Our salaries are competitive — rewarding your experiences, contributions, and hard work. We also have a 401K plan which provides a matching contribution.Learn More
We offer several medical benefits plans and options to choose from including dental, vision, disability and life insurance, dependent care and flexible spending.Learn More
Pets are part of the family too! We offer comprehensive vet insurance to make sure your cats are cared for, your pups are prioritized, and your lizards looked-after.Learn More
The Supervisor - Command Center Dialer will be responsible for directly leading the Jr. Business Analyst team and all efforts to ensure timely and quality team productivity. The Command Center Team Lead will oversee all intraday initiatives and…
Summary: The Cash Quality Assurance Analyst performs various analysis with regards to adherence to requirements, results of audits, and efficiencies in processes. This role is vital to the infrastructure of the Cash Ma…
**THIS POSITION CAN SIT REMOTELY** Summary Technical Writer for Mortgage Servicing role is responsible for creating and writing new procedures and/or job aids related to Mortgage Servicing Operations.&nb…
Summary: The SPOC Supervisor – Borrower Outreach is responsible for the oversight and compliance of the Single Point of Contact team in the Loss Mitigation group. The Supervisor must be knowledgeable in…
Summary The Supervisor is responsible for managing a Default Portfolio of Default Referrals for Foreclosure workflow to ensure Consumer Financial Protection Bureau (CFPB), investor and insurer guidelines are strictly fo…
Summary The Loss Mitigation Specialist will serve as the Single Point of Contact (SPOC) for Freedom’s customers that are in a loan default situation to find resolution to preserving home ownership or to ident…
The Jr Dialer Analyst role is responsible for the day-to-day business management of command center operations. This includes daily telephony management, workforce & staffing-level management, data analysis, reporting, and software admin…
SUMMARY: The Customer Outreach Specialist II will serve as the designated representative for Freedom’s customers that are in a loan default or potential loan default situation to find resolution to preserving home…
The Workforce Analyst, Jr is responsible for day-to-day management of Command Center operations. Including, daily telephony management, workforce & staffing-level management, data analysis, reporting and software administration. Successful c…