The Collateral Specialist is responsible for collecting all loan collateral which includes accurate and timely recording, tracking, and safekeeping of original documents and release of collateral to warehouse bank upon purchase. Collateral specialist handles mortgage collateral document files.
- Receive, sort, file and ship collateral.
- Ensure the safekeeping of original loan collateral documents in fire- proof file cabinets.
- Responsible for verifying all collateral documents are present, audit documents for original vs. copies.
- Review documents for accuracy prior to the purchase of the loans.
- Update Lakewood Systems with audit results and wire bank information.
- Prepare collateral files for warehouse bank, by labeling folders and printing key documents from the EDMS System.
- Endorsement of notes and or allonges according to company policy prior to shipment to warehouse banks.
- Prepare and ships the original collateral to warehouse banks.
- Timely processing of collateral exceptions from the warehouse bank.
- Maintain records of all loans shipped.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED)
- Six (6) months to one (1) year related experience and/or training
- Strong attention to detail
- MS Office proficient
- Able to work in a fast-paced team environment
Career development and advancement
Working at Freedom, you have the chance to invest in yourself. From on-the-job training to advancement opportunities, and from tuition assistance to our annual internal leadership conference.
We run huge company-sponsored donation events and contests, as well as offering paid volunteer time so you can commit your support to the causes which you care about most.
Holidays and paid time off
We offer ample paid time off including multiple holidays - because our team is our family, and your downtime and wellbeing are just as important to us as your time in work-mode.
Our salaries are competitive - rewarding your experience, hard work, and commitment. We also have a 401K plan which provides a matching contribution.
We offer several medical plans and options to choose from including dental, vision, disability and life insurance, dependent care and flexible spending.
Pets are part of the family too! We offer comprehensive vet insurance to make sure your cats are cared for, your pups are prioritized, and your lizards looked-after.
Summary Review and input of necessary information to purchase a closed mini-c loan in accordance with Freedom guidelines. Employee will review closing documents, loan disclosures, compliance timelines, and fees on…
Checking the property address with regards to the Freedom Mortgage Credit Risk department disaster area spreadsheet & following the appropriate credit risk guideline. Reviewing loan specific title documentation, including …
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned. The Branch Lead Processor is a subject matter expert with full doc loans and processes and will be responsible for working with processors with…
Summary: Essential Job Functions: Gather the closing documents that require to be scanned and responsibilities include batch scanning of legal documents Properly name and c…
Summary The Final Document Specialist is responsible for the retrieval, processing and corrections to the original recorded security instruments and final title policies to ensure perfected liens. This position wil…
The Customer Advocate is responsible for processing loan applications in compliance with mortgage lending and applicable investor guidelines. Performs duties such as analyzing the loan application, assessing creditworthiness and the likelihood t…
Summary The Wholesale Post Closing Corrections person is responsible for reviewing post-closing CD requests received from numerous areas. If the correction is deemed valid, a CD re-disclosure will be completed. …
Summary The Loan Processor is responsible for processing contracts and loan applications. This position is responsible analyzing the loan applications, assessing creditworthiness and the li…
Summary Presenting and supporting organization-wide training. This encompasses a variety of areas including, but not limited to, New Hire Training, Department Specific Training, Compliance Training, and software pr…