The Client Underwriting Specialist is the primary liaison between our Account Executives and their clients, and is the primary operations contact. This individual will be responsible for monitoring an assigned pipeline, and will assist with moving loans (to final action) in a timely, efficient, and compliant manner. This individual additionally will be responsible for client contact / service delivery, as well as timely and accurate indexing, reviewing, condition clearing, and updating multiple loan origination systems (LOS). They must have effective and efficient communication skills, and the ability to prioritize and multi-task a variety of responsibilities that support internal and external clients.
Essential Job Functions:
- Serves as the direct link and primary point of contact between Freedom Mortgage and our clients to effectively manage a pipeline of loans through the origination process. (Rare to no direct borrower contact.)
- Timely and accurately follow-up and resolution to outstanding internal and external required transactional loan conditions. Ensure loans moved timely, and effectively through the process until final action (final approved, denied, closed, cancelled, or withdrawn).
- Meet / exceed productivity, quality, and overall employee operational team contribution expectations (i.e, flexibility, teamwork, attendance, collaboration, attitude, partnership, support, etc.).
- Provide customer service that focuses on the exact needs of clients providing status updates, clarifications, and accurate resolution of issues or outstanding loan conditions.
- Extensive product and process knowledge. Effective mortgage loan document and product / parameter expertise.
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment, accountable and responsible, detailed oriented, organized, proactive, and self-motivated.
- Ability to work with little supervision, multi-task, and work efficiently / effectively within required deadlines.
- Monitors and manages assigned pipeline, following aging loans (including DCW requirements), and updates to closing, and lock expiration dates in the LOS.
- Submit loans to underwriting for review within submission policy or work with clients to correct insufficient conditions.
- Clears / updates specific outstanding conditions per policy.
- Orders and ensures timely completion of various third-party services (i.e. VOE, MI, validations, verifications, re-verifications, etc.)
- Urgently take ownership and resolve escalations with efficiency and professionalism.
- Direct internal communication with the Underwriting and Closing groups regarding various tasks & conditions to keep the loan moving forward.
- Provide the expected service levels in a changing environment without any disruption to the client.
- Accurate and timely updates to the Lending Operating System screens as required.
- Ability to learn quickly in an environment of constant change and effectively apply knowledge.
- Proficiency with AUS (DU & LP, etc.).
- Pass all annual training requirements.
Other Related Duties:
Performs other related duties as assigned.
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential function satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job. Ability to communicate effectively and professionally (both oral and written) with clients. Ability to handle difficult scenarios when they arise and diffuse situations accurately with a positive outcome. Must be dependable and responsible to work in a remote location; proficient at process flow management.
Education and/or Experience:
High School Diploma or GED required and one to two years of related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience preferred. Prior mortgage loan processing and/or junior underwriting experience a plus.
** Must be available to commit to a 4 week training Monday - Friday from 9am - 5:30pm (ET).
Career development and advancement
Working at Freedom, you have the chance to invest in yourself. From on-the-job training to advancement opportunities, and from tuition assistance to our annual internal leadership conference.
We run huge company-sponsored donation events and contests, as well as offering paid volunteer time so you can commit your support to the causes which you care about most.
Holidays and paid time off
We offer ample paid time off including multiple holidays - because our team is our family, and your downtime and wellbeing are just as important to us as your time in work-mode.
Our salaries are competitive - rewarding your experience, hard work, and commitment. We also have a 401K plan which provides a matching contribution.
We offer several medical plans and options to choose from including dental, vision, disability and life insurance, dependent care and flexible spending.
Pets are part of the family too! We offer comprehensive vet insurance to make sure your cats are cared for, your pups are prioritized, and your lizards looked-after.
Summary The Change of Circumstance (COC) Specialist is responsible for monitoring and completing COC requests submitted from the Broker and other Departments from within the company, based on changes made …
Summary Review signed closed loan packages, order funds, ensure compliance with appropriate regulations, and investor requirements. Essential Job Functions: C…
Summary The Loan Closer will provide support functions for the senior closers by assisting with coordinating loan closings in compliance with company, FNMA, FHLMC, FHA,VA and industry standard rules and regulations. T…
Summary The Closing Team Lead is responsible for coordinating loan closings in compliance with company, FNMA, FHLMC, FHA, VA and industry standard rules and regulations. Serves as an escalation to help solve system…
Summary The Loan Closer is responsible for coordinating loan closings in compliance with company, FNMA, FHLMC, FHA,VA and industry standard rules and regulations. This position will prepare legal documents and closing …
Summary The Client Underwriting Specialist is the primary liaison between our Account Executives and their clients, and is the primary operations contact. This individual will be responsible for monitoring an assigned pipe…
Summary Remote Management Closing Operations role providing leadership in the Wholesale channel within a specific Regional Operations Center. Scope includes direct management of a closing operation in the Wh…
Summary The Account Executive is responsible developing business from mortgage brokers, bankers and small banks and thrifts on a business to business basis. Additionally, generating both government (FHA, …
Summary Employee will coordinate prepping loans for closing, working in conjunction with the client, Underwriting and Closing Departments. Employee will be responsible for a pipeline of loans, scheduling a closing…