The Mediation Specialist will have the primary responsibility of making an appearance for in-person or by phone mediations with various courts, judges and attorneys. Through conference calls or in writing; determine solutions to resolve delinquent accounts. They will have limited settlement authority. It may be necessary to get additional approval for settlement from the Foreclosure VP. In addition, they will manage and update the appropriate parties on mediation files and assist with special projects as assigned. The Mediation Specialist will act as a liaison for the attorney, lines of business and/or investor in the resolution of the aforementioned matters. Responsible for submitting status reports weekly, monthly or as determined by senior management.
Essential Job Functions:
- Must be able to travel to mandatory mediation and meet with borrower face to face. This may include overnight stay up to 50% of the time.
- Interact with judges, court-appointed mediators, opposing counsel and borrowers to resolve delinquencies through loss mitigation management.
- Ability to effectively communicate information relating to mediation matters to appropriate parties.
- Problem solve and seek out new solutions to issues and/or work arounds.
- As required, prepares or requests affidavits, and other documents and transmits them to appropriate persons for execution.
- Daily monitoring of mediation processes/industry challenges and solutions.
- Establish and maintain strong, effective working relationships with attorney, and servicing/investor partners.
- Track outstanding issues and document status.
- Maintain a high level of customer service through proactive communications with investors, attorneys and employees.
- Approves fee authorization request by attorney not to exceed the limits established for approval by Litigation Witness.
- Demonstrates professional behavior and teamwork, is punctual, dependable and adheres to Company policies and procedures.
- Manage time reporting, travel scheduling and business activities and expense reporting with offsite travel is required.
Other Related Duties:
Performs other related duties as assigned.
Career development and advancement
Working at Freedom, you have the chance to invest in yourself. From on-the-job training to advancement opportunities, and from tuition assistance to our annual internal leadership conference, we’re focused on upskilling, achieving, and celebrating.Learn More
We run huge company-sponsored donation events and contests, as well as offer paid volunteer time so you can commit your support to the causes which you care about most.Learn More
Holidays and paid time off
We offer ample paid time off including multiple paid holidays — because your downtime and well-being are just as important to us as your time in work mode.Learn More
Our salaries are competitive — rewarding your experiences, contributions, and hard work. We also have a 401K plan which provides a matching contribution.Learn More
We offer several medical benefits plans and options to choose from including dental, vision, disability and life insurance, dependent care and flexible spending.Learn More
Pets are part of the family too! We offer comprehensive vet insurance to make sure your cats are cared for, your pups are prioritized, and your lizards looked-after.Learn More
The Loss Analysis Manager is responsible for managing activities related to the QC, audit, oversight, and analysis of claims filed on liquidated default loans. It is the Manager’s duty to ensure that all claims comply with investor a…
Customer Success Agent Soar with Us Flying ahead of the flock for over 30 years, we at Freedom Mortgage have taken millions of Americans under our wing and helped them achieve their dreams of financial betterment a…
Soar With Us Flying ahead of the flock for over 30 years, we at Freedom Mortgage have taken millions of Americans under our wing and helped them achieve their dreams of financial betterment and homeownership. This is o…
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned. Perform assigned functions within Escrow Administration timely and accurately while remaining compliant wi…
***THIS POSITION CAN SIT REMOTELY*** Position Requirements: Perform and manage vendor oversight for Escrow Administration processes and related vendors. Complete process and control re…
The Dialer Supervisor will be responsible for directly leading the Jr. Business Analyst team and all efforts to ensure timely and quality team productivity. The Command Center Team Lead will oversee all intraday initiatives and maximize the utilizati…
Summary The Bankruptcy Management Analyst is responsible for managing third party relationships which includes, but is not limited to: monitoring vendor performance, ensuring vendor compliance with regulatory entit…
The Bankruptcy Analyst III is responsible for ensuring the bankruptcy process is monitored and associated tasks are completed accurately and timely from the time of filing through to release in the servicing platform. The successful candid…
Soar With Us Flying ahead of the flock for over 30 years, we at Freedom Mortgage have taken millions of Americans under our wing and helped them achieve their dreams of financial betterment and homeownership. This…