The Mediation Specialist will have the primary responsibility of making an appearance for in-person or by phone mediations with various courts, judges and attorneys. Through conference calls or in writing; determine solutions to resolve delinquent accounts. They will have limited settlement authority. It may be necessary to get additional approval for settlement from the Foreclosure VP. In addition, they will manage and update the appropriate parties on mediation files and assist with special projects as assigned. The Mediation Specialist will act as a liaison for the attorney, lines of business and/or investor in the resolution of the aforementioned matters. Responsible for submitting status reports weekly, monthly or as determined by senior management.
Essential Job Functions:
- Must be able to travel to mandatory mediation and meet with borrower face to face. This may include overnight stay up to 50% of the time.
- Interact with judges, court-appointed mediators, opposing counsel and borrowers to resolve delinquencies through loss mitigation management.
- Ability to effectively communicate information relating to mediation matters to appropriate parties.
- Problem solve and seek out new solutions to issues and/or work arounds.
- As required, prepares or requests affidavits, and other documents and transmits them to appropriate persons for execution.
- Daily monitoring of mediation processes/industry challenges and solutions.
- Establish and maintain strong, effective working relationships with attorney, and servicing/investor partners.
- Track outstanding issues and document status.
- Maintain a high level of customer service through proactive communications with investors, attorneys and employees.
- Approves fee authorization request by attorney not to exceed the limits established for approval by Litigation Witness.
- Demonstrates professional behavior and teamwork, is punctual, dependable and adheres to Company policies and procedures.
- Manage time reporting, travel scheduling and business activities and expense reporting with offsite travel is required.
Other Related Duties:
Performs other related duties as assigned.
Career development and advancement
Working at Freedom, you have the chance to invest in yourself. From on-the-job training to advancement opportunities, and from tuition assistance to our annual internal leadership conference, we’re focused on upskilling, achieving, and celebrating.Learn More
We run huge company-sponsored donation events and contests, as well as offer paid volunteer time so you can commit your support to the causes which you care about most.Learn More
Holidays and paid time off
We offer ample paid time off including multiple paid holidays — because your downtime and well-being are just as important to us as your time in work mode.Learn More
Our salaries are competitive — rewarding your experiences, contributions, and hard work. We also have a 401K plan which provides a matching contribution.Learn More
We offer several medical benefits plans and options to choose from including dental, vision, disability and life insurance, dependent care and flexible spending.Learn More
Pets are part of the family too! We offer comprehensive vet insurance to make sure your cats are cared for, your pups are prioritized, and your lizards looked-after.Learn More
Summary: The Associate Director SPOC is responsible for the oversight and management of SPOC agents including but not limited to oversight of call center performance metrics tied to individual and department scorec…
The Director, Escrow Administration is responsible for providing oversight for the Tax and Escrow Analysis functions within the Escrow Administartion group. Essential Job Functions: …
Position Summary: Evaluates, designs, executes, measures, monitors and control business processes. Ensure that business process outcomes are in harmony with an organization’s strategic goals. Wor…
The FHA Claim Processing Specialist is responsible for the filing of all FHA Part B claims and all non-conveyance claims including CWCOT (Claims without Conveyance of Title), SFLS (Single Family Loan Sale) claims and all Loss Mitigation claims i…
**THIS POSITION CAN SIT REMOTELY** Contested Default/BK Case Specialist III is responsible for Bankruptcy related litigation, foreclosure non-jury trial case handling across all portfolios and investors and Non-Ro…
The Manager, Default Change Controls is responsible for the management of a team of Default Business Process Analysts who are overseeing project completion and change management items for Default. The Manager works collaboratively with various Defaul…
Customer Success Agent Soar with Us Flying ahead of the flock for over 30 years, we at Freedom Mortgage have taken millions of Americans under our wing and helped them achieve their dreams of financial betterment a…
**THIS POSITION CAN SIT REMOTELY** Position Summary: The Credit Reporting Research Analyst should be proficient in all aspects of credit bureau reporting in order to maintain regula…
Summary: The Mortgage Professional is a customer focused, inside sales position within the Call Center. Will conduct the initial pre-qualification phone screen and prepare the loan application and necessary documen…