The Manager of Technology Business Management will assist the VP, Technology Business Management (TBM) in the leading of the TBM organization to achieve objectives and drive transformation and innovation in alignment with the Information Technology operating plan. Specific functions within the TBMO include: Resource and Demand Management, technology vendor management, IT financial governance, IT strategic planning and project portfolio reporting and metrics.
Essential Job Functions may include:
- Establish and maintain governance, in partnership with corporate finance of a technology budget of more than $175 million annually.
- Manage staff with the day to day administration of Technology Business Management chargeback / service consumption / cost transparency software (Apptio).
- Work with each technology senior leader to understand technology spending and ensure expenses are in-line with technology plans and objectives.
- Participating in budgetary and expense saving initiatives for the IT organization in close collaboration with the CIO and his/her senior leadership team.
- Works closely with senior business leaders to ensure the technology organization is working on the right items at the right time, realizing appropriate value for the expenses incurred.
- Ensure all the TBMO functions execute in a coordinated way to ensure that the Technology organization business management processes run effectively, consistently and comprehensively.
- IT Application / Services consumption data management
- Assist CIO to convey the value of IT investments in business terms
- IT Application / IT Infrastructure / IT Services rationalization
- Drive IT Application and Service total cost of ownership (TCO) and transparency
- Manage chargeback / service consumption / cost driver communication to business units
Other Related Duties:
Performs other related duties as assigned.
Manages staff and carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing and training employees; assigning and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential function satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Education and/or Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance or Accounting with demonstrated academic achievement; MBA or advanced Finance degree a plus
- Minimum of 5 years of IT or IT Finance experience, with a proven history of driving technology organizations to align to business strategies and roadmaps, across a combined project and production support portfolio of at least $175 million.
- Possesses strong, executive-level communication skills (both oral and written), relationship management and influencing skills, and a history of building effective relationships with internal and external technology and business leaders
- Financial services and/or mortgage background preferred
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret most complex documents, financial reports, and legal documents. Ability to respond effectively to most sensitive inquiries or complaints. Ability to write speeches and articles using original or innovative techniques or style. Ability to make effective and persuasive speeches and presentations on controversial or complex topics to top management, public groups, and/or board of directors.
Ability to apply advanced mathematical concepts such as exponents, logarithms, quadratic equations, and permutations. Ability to apply mathematical operations to such tasks as frequency distribution, determination of test reliability and validity, analysis of variance, correlation techniques, sampling theory, and factor analysis.
Ability to apply principles of logical or scientific thinking to a wide range of intellectual and practical problems. Ability to deal with nonverbal symbolism (formulas, scientific equations, graphs, musical notes, etc.) in its most difficult phases. Ability to deal with a variety of abstract and concrete variables.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
Extensive contact with others and usually involves, several areas. Typically handles highly sensitive and/or confidential information.
Customer Service Relationships:
Anticipates customer needs and regularly motivates or influences others to deliver customer service excellence. May troubleshoot highly sensitive or confidential issues. Personally ensures problem resolution. Identifies barriers to effective customer service and sets customer service standards. Establishes a customer feedback system and holds self-accountable for customer service excellence within the department.
Tasks and responsibilities require integration of diverse functional areas and involve variables that are more abstract. Work is substantially complex and varied, and requires the interpretation of technical and detailed guidelines, policies and procedures in combination.
Independent Judgement/Problem Solving:
Develops strategic direction, goals, plans and policies for an area of responsibility. Sets broad objectives and is accountable for overall results in respective area of responsibility. Authority to make independent decisions on matters of significance. Requires high degree of independent judgment and problem solving of complex problems.
Career development and advancement
Working at Freedom, you have the chance to invest in yourself. From on-the-job training to advancement opportunities, and from tuition assistance to our annual internal leadership conference, we’re focused on upskilling, achieving, and celebrating.Learn More
We run huge company-sponsored donation events and contests, as well as offer paid volunteer time so you can commit your support to the causes which you care about most.Learn More
Holidays and paid time off
We offer ample paid time off including multiple paid holidays — because your downtime and well-being are just as important to us as your time in work mode.Learn More
Our salaries are competitive — rewarding your experiences, contributions, and hard work. We also have a 401K plan which provides a matching contribution.Learn More
We offer several medical benefits plans and options to choose from including dental, vision, disability and life insurance, dependent care and flexible spending.Learn More
Pets are part of the family too! We offer comprehensive vet insurance to make sure your cats are cared for, your pups are prioritized, and your lizards looked-after.Learn More
Freedom Mortgage is seeking an enthusiastic and driven IT professional to join the Information Management (IM) team in the role of Business Intelligence (BI) Developer. A BI Developer interacts regularly with other members of the larger IM team …
Job Description: Data Scientist We are looking for a self-motivated Data scientist to work as part of the Document Automation Team with experience in natural language processing, information retrieval, question ans…
Freedom Mortgage is seeking an enthusiastic and driven IT professional to join the Database Administration team in the role of Senior SQL Server Database Administrator. As part of the Database Administration team, the individual will…
Job Description: Technical Lead We are looking for a self-motivated hands-on Software Technical Lead to play a key role with a primary focus on enterprise wide Document Automation initiatives. This individual will …
Description Senior Mulesoft Software Engineer At Freedom Mortgage Corporation, we are working with leading technologies that include Mulesoft to manage our move toward Service Oriented Architecture (SOA)…
Job Description Full Stack Java Developer Freedom Mortgage Corporation is one of America’s largest privately held mortgage companies whose mission is to help enable our customers to realize the Ame…
Software Performance Engineer At Freedom Mortgage Corporation, we are working with leading technologies that include WebSphere Portal Server in a Service Oriented Architecture (SOA) to help transform our business. …
Freedom Mortgage is looking for qualified Full Stack Java Engineers To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representati…
The performance test engineer is an integral part of the Performance Testing team working in a dynamic fast paced, agile environment. S/he should have previous experience writing LoadRunner scripts and be able to jump onto any performance …