As part of the IM group, the Manager of Business Intelligence will provide Freedom Mortgage with managing, updating, and operating segments of our development team and the affiliated technical processes.
Essential Functions :
- Work with clients (internal and external) to define requirements, establish priorities, offer solutions and execute development.
- Improve reporting processes through streamlining and automation of reports/systems.
- Translate business requirements into sustainable and efficient data management frameworks
- Focal point for understanding data from the corporate perspective and representing the data so it can be understood uniformly throughout the company
- Understand fundamental design constraints for RDBMS-based Enterprise Data Warehouse (EDW) solutions and other data repository types (cubes, star-schemas, NoSQL, Hadoop, etc.)
- Collaborate with ETL, DBA, other development and business analyst resources
- Assists managers with developing the service level agreements (SLAs) and deployment of key performance measures.
- Participate in various phases of the SDLC to perform QA/architectural review functions and to ensure adherence to Enterprise Architecture (EA) technology standards and project specific solutions architecture. (i.e., design reviews).
- Review the ongoing implementation solution for improvement opportunities.
- Facilitate communications between workgroups and business stakeholders for technical issues and/or major changes; acting as the technical domain subject matter expert.
- Provide coaching and mentoring to team members in the areas of technical skills and competencies.
- Manage a small team, both formally and ad-hoc, of both Architecture and Development resources
Minimum Education and/or Experience :
- Bachelor's Degree; computer science, software engineering, information systems or a related technical discipline preferred
- 8+ years of business experience, preferably with a technical background in BI/Data Warehousing, Reporting, Analytics, etc.
- 2+ years of experience with Enterprise Architecture (preferred)
- 4+ years Financial Services IT experience (preferred)
- 5 + years of experience with relational data structures, theories, principles and practices.
- 5-7 years of experience with development and administration of:Experience managing a team of 5 to 7 developers and team leaders.
- Tableau 2020.x,
- Information Builders WebFocus Suite of products 8.x (e.g. WebFocus Developer Studio; InfoAssist; Report Caster; Resource Analyzer; Report Servers)
Requisite Abilities and/or Skills :
- Knowledge and skills in data warehousing methodologies and tools
- Proven track record of successfully delivering BI and/or data warehousing projects.
- Sound understanding of BI/Reporting best practices/methodologies
- Experience building analytic applications based on Enterprise Data Warehouse platforms (preferred)
- Advanced proficiency with SQL and related-RDBMS query tools
- Experience understanding and managing metadata
- Experience understanding, capturing and managing Master Data
- Can clearly communicate solutions to both technical and non-technical teams
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office productivity tools
- Experience gathering, processing, and translating end-user requirements into implementable plans within realistic, segmented timeframes
- Ability to manage concurrent projects at different stages of completion
- Have a true eye and understanding for communicating information
- Perform tasks with a high degree of accuracy and attention to detail
- Demonstrate excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to be flexible and deal with changing priorities and timelines/due dates
Desired Skills/Special Requirements of the Job :
- Experience with mobility of BI applications a plus
- Certifications in BI systems is a plus
- Experience working in an Agile/Scrum environment
- Experience with Snowflake
Core Competencies :
- Dealing with Ambiguity
- Integrity and Trust
- Business Acumen
- Drive for Results
- Peer Relationships
- Customer Focus
- Functional/Technical Skills
Career development and advancement
Working at Freedom, you have the chance to invest in yourself. From on-the-job training to advancement opportunities, and from tuition assistance to our annual internal leadership conference, we’re focused on upskilling, achieving, and celebrating.Learn More
We run huge company-sponsored donation events and contests, as well as offer paid volunteer time so you can commit your support to the causes which you care about most.Learn More
Holidays and paid time off
We offer ample paid time off including multiple paid holidays — because your downtime and well-being are just as important to us as your time in work mode.Learn More
Our salaries are competitive — rewarding your experiences, contributions, and hard work. We also have a 401K plan which provides a matching contribution.Learn More
We offer several medical benefits plans and options to choose from including dental, vision, disability and life insurance, dependent care and flexible spending.Learn More
Pets are part of the family too! We offer comprehensive vet insurance to make sure your cats are cared for, your pups are prioritized, and your lizards looked-after.Learn More
Responsible to consistently deliver changes effectively and efficiently without any detrimental impact to business services. Protects the services to the Business\Customer, as well as facilitating Changes without unnecessary bureaucracy or contr…
Freedom Mortgage is seeking an enthusiastic and data driven IT professional to join the Information Management (IM) team. The primary job responsibility will be to work closely with Product Managers, Business Analysts, Engineers, Developers and …
Description At Freedom Mortgage Corporation, we are working with leading technologies that include Mulesoft to manage our move toward Service Oriented Architecture (SOA). We are searching for experienced, senior level Mulesoft Develo…
Freedom Mortgage Corporation is one of America’s largest privately held mortgage companies whose mission is to help enable our customers to realize the American dream of home ownership. At Freedom Mortgage, while…
Summary The position initiates, plans and executes IT programs while monitoring and controlling the individual project work streams to ensure the timely delivery of quality solutions. This individual wi…
Freedom Mortgage Corporation is one of America’s largest privately held mortgage companies whose mission is to help enable our customers to realize the American dream of home ownership. At Freedom Mortgage Corporation, we are working…
Freedom Mortgage Corporation is one of America’s largest privately held mortgage companies whose mission is to help enable our customers to realize the American dream of home ownership. At Freedom Mortgage, while we relentlessly …
Develop and implement new software solutions, primarily integrations between cloud SaaS platforms (e.g. Workday ERP) and other cloud or internal systems. Design, Build, Test, and Deploy Workday Integration solutions using Enterp…