As a Freedom Mortgage Major Incident Manager, you will report to the VP of Technology Operations. On the Freedom Mortgage Major Incident Management team, we manage the coordination and communication for all service-impacting outages to ensure they have a minimal impact on all downstream users and are resolved as quickly as possible. To do this, we structure and lead investigations in partnership with technical teams across the company – from developers to customer support. We are the central point for all our partners, and we ensure that accurate and timely information is communicated to all parties during significant outages. Our team is critical to providing the best possible service for our clients, and we take pride in the impact we have on the company's continued success. We're also responsible for Problem Management activities and help pursue root cause analysis and remediation actions to make sure our incidents don't happen again in the future.
Essential Job Functions:
- Facilitate the resolution by effective communication across multiple teams.
- Quickly assess the severity of an outage and be able to report business impact and technical complexity.
- Notify, escalate and communicate to senior management the existence and status of outages, as necessary.
- Help coordinate the investigations and drive the incidents to resolution/remediation.
- Experience with incident management for application or infrastructure services
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to effectively tailor communication of technical issues to various audiences
- Strong collaboration skills and an interest in developing a strong network
- Ability and aptitude to pick up new technologies or procedures
- Good organization skills and excel at multitasking with the ability to 'pick up the pace' during major outages
- Innovation and drive – someone who is happy to challenge the status quo and collaborate on processes within the team
- A self-starter who is assertive but diplomatic with the ability to prioritize workload and to perform in a high-pressure environment
- Basic understanding of industry standard technologies and infrastructure such as: networking, cloud storage, middleware, databases and virtual infrastructure
- ITIL Service Support knowledge
- Familiarity with, or knowledge of common service management tools
- 5 plus years of experience in Service Delivery, Problem Management or Incident Management.
- Financial services experience
Career development and advancement
Working at Freedom, you have the chance to invest in yourself. From on-the-job training to advancement opportunities, and from tuition assistance to our annual internal leadership conference, we’re focused on upskilling, achieving, and celebrating.Learn More
We run huge company-sponsored donation events and contests, as well as offer paid volunteer time so you can commit your support to the causes which you care about most.Learn More
Holidays and paid time off
We offer ample paid time off including multiple paid holidays — because your downtime and well-being are just as important to us as your time in work mode.Learn More
Our salaries are competitive — rewarding your experiences, contributions, and hard work. We also have a 401K plan which provides a matching contribution.Learn More
We offer several medical benefits plans and options to choose from including dental, vision, disability and life insurance, dependent care and flexible spending.Learn More
Pets are part of the family too! We offer comprehensive vet insurance to make sure your cats are cared for, your pups are prioritized, and your lizards looked-after.Learn More
The Senior Business Analyst formulates and defines project scope based on business objectives and technology capabilities through a combination of research, fact-finding, understanding of applicable business systems and indu…
100% Remote Option Summary The OpenEdge Database Administrator is responsible for multiple databases in an intensive application environment, including routine administrative activities such as cloning…
Front End Angular Developer At Freedom Mortgage Corporation, we are working with leading technologies that include Angular JS to help transform our business. We are searching for a Senior Developer who has honed h…
We are looking to hire a skilled and motivated Windows Server Administrator who will be responsible for the day to day operations of the infrastructure systems to meet the required SLA's for both the enterprise and customer facing operations. …
The Information Security Senior Analyst is responsible for driving the identification, assessment, measurement, monitoring and management of security risks. The Senior Analyst will focus primarily on the maintenance of an effective Information S…
Summary The Product Owner is responsible for the tactical implementation of the Product strategy. Will work closely with Product Managers, Business Analysts, Engineers and leadership to create user stories and prio…
Freedom Mortgage Corporation, an industry leader in cutting-edge and emerging technologies, is seeking a MuleSoft Administrator to support and administer MuleSoft Enterprise Service base. We are seeking an individual w…
Reporting to the SVP of Technology Operations, the VP of Service Management will be responsible for the management of the Change, Problem, Release and Incident Management functions at Freedom Mortgage. The role will focus on managing these…
Software Performance Engineer At Freedom Mortgage Corporation, we are working with leading technologies that include WebSphere Portal Server in a Service Oriented Architecture (SOA) to help transform our business. …