The Loss Recovery Analyst is responsible for the QC, audit and oversight of loss recovery claims submitted for payment. It is the Analyst’s duty to ensure that all transferred loans into the Company comply with investor and insurer requirements and assist in the recovery of losses when applicable. The Analyst will provide claims loss recovery reports weekly, monthly or as determined by management.
Essential Job Functions may include:
- Complete loss recovery reviews on defaulted loans based on contract parameters
- Work with internal legal to determine bill back protocols
- Use relevant information and individual judgement to determine whether findings meet contract criteria for bill back, repurchase or indemnification submission
- Develop constructive and cooperative working relationships with clients, vendors and internal employees and maintaining them over time
- Act as a point of contact/liaison, ensuring that all loss recovery submissions are acted upon internally and externally
- Demonstrates professional behavior and teamwork, is punctual, dependable and adheres to Company policies and procedures
- Ability to work necessary hours to ensure success
- Perform day to day administrative tasks such as maininting information files and processing necessary paperwork for loss recovery
- Reduce loss exposure for the Company through loan level audit reviews
- Complete various projects as assigned by management
Other Duties could include:
Performs other related duties as assigned.
This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential function satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Strong understanding of FHA, VA and GSE claims guidelines
- Excellent organization skills
- Attention to detail with a high level of accuracy
- Excellent communication skills
- Analytical and Problem Solving skills
- Works well in a team environment
- Ability to meet deadlines in a fast paced environment
- Ability to manage time well and prioritize tasks
- Microsoft Office experience and advanced Excel knowledge
- Ability to effectively present information to supervisory, etc.
- Ability to write reports and correspondence
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret documents such as technical journals, financial reports, legal documents, policies and procedures
- Ability to calculate basic financial figures and amounts
- Proficient in computer skills and knowledge of word processing, spreadsheet, accounting, general ledger, accounts receivable, accounts payable, e-mail and internet software
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions
- Ability to work with little supervision.
- Ability to meet critical departmental and federal timelines with accuracy and efficiency.
- Ability to build relationships with both internal and external clients/vendors.
- Strong work and business ethics
Education and/or Experience:
- High School diploma or equivalent required.
- Bachelor’s Degree from a Four (4) year College or University preferred.
- Minimum of five years of experience in the rebuttal of compensatory fees and curtailments process, investor claims processing, bill back and recovery, auditing and loss analysis reporting
- An in-depth understanding of all government regulations pertaining to claims filing and reimbursement
Career development and advancement
Working at Freedom, you have the chance to invest in yourself. From on-the-job training to advancement opportunities, and from tuition assistance to our annual internal leadership conference, we’re focused on upskilling, achieving, and celebrating.Learn More
We run huge company-sponsored donation events and contests, as well as offer paid volunteer time so you can commit your support to the causes which you care about most.Learn More
Holidays and paid time off
We offer ample paid time off including multiple paid holidays — because your downtime and well-being are just as important to us as your time in work mode.Learn More
Our salaries are competitive — rewarding your experiences, contributions, and hard work. We also have a 401K plan which provides a matching contribution.Learn More
We offer several medical benefits plans and options to choose from including dental, vision, disability and life insurance, dependent care and flexible spending.Learn More
Pets are part of the family too! We offer comprehensive vet insurance to make sure your cats are cared for, your pups are prioritized, and your lizards looked-after.Learn More
Summary The Default Business Process Analyst is responsible for reviewing, researching, and deciphering regulatory and compliance material to translate for Default Management. They work closely with change m…
Position Summary: The Loss Mitigation Supervisor will be responsible, directly or through staff, for protecting the assets of the company in bankruptcies, repossessions and other legal proceedings. This position pl…
Summary Perform assigned functions within Correspondence & Research in a timely and accurate manner, while ensuring compliance with all state, federal and investor guidelines. Duties may include, but are not limite…
Summary This position is responsible for a variety of quality control functions to ensure we are in compliance with regulatory and investor underwriting and servicing requirements and guidelines. Incumbent will perform monitoring, test…
Summary: The Loss Analysis Analyst is responsible for the QC, audit and oversight of claims filed. It is the Analyst’s duty to ensure that all claims comply with investor and insurer requirements and assist…
The Loss Mitigation Supervisor will be responsible, directly or through staff, for protecting the assets of the company in bankruptcies, repossessions and other legal proceedings. This position plans, directs, supervises and evaluates work flow…
Soar With Us Flying ahead of the flock for over 30 years, we at Freedom Mortgage have taken millions of Americans under our wing and helped them achieve their dreams of financial betterment and homeownership. This is on…
Position Description: Evaluates, designs, executes, measures, monitors and control business processes. Ensure that business process outcomes are in harmony with an organization’s strategic goals.&nbs…
The Supervisor over VA Conveyance and VA/USDA Claim filing is responsible for the coordinating, monitoring and management of the VA Conveyance and VA/USDA Claims staff which includes Post Sale Specialists and/or Claim and Servicing Specialists. …