Responsible for the underwriting of loss mitigation options for all workout types on all loan types.
Essential Job Functions:
- Review “complete” package to determine if additional documents are required
- Review and analyze borrowers’ financial documents, i.e. financial statements, hardship letter, tax returns, bank statements, pay stubs, profit and loss statement and credit bureau reports.
- Notify desinated Single Point of Contact if documentation is missing, additional documention is required or provide the borrower with updated status of their loss mitigation application.
- Maintain extensive knowledge of investor, insurer and client guidelines and timeframes required for processing a loan workout
- Order credit reports, title reports, NPV, broker price opinions or appraisals.
- Determine best possible loan workout solution; make a recommendation in conjunction with investor, insurer guidelines.
- Obtain and submit required documentation to/from investors, insurers for review for appropriate workout
- Review pipeline and exception reports daily
- Fully underwrite and have decision made within 30 days of receipt of a loss mitigation package.
- Calculate modification principal balance capitalization for approved retention options, taking into account past due interest, escrow, and 3rd party advances.
- Responsible for documenting the servicing system, generate appropriate letters and/or tasks, as well as adding documentation to EDMS to substantiate the loss mitigation decision made for each account
- Extensive knowledge of investor, insurerv workout guidelines and functional knowledge of residential mortgage documents
Other Related Duties:
Performs other related duties assigned
This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential function satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
Education and/or Experience:
Bachelors Degree from a Four (4) year College or University; or one (1) to two (2) years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or government regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference, and fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
Career development and advancement
Working at Freedom, you have the chance to invest in yourself. From on-the-job training to advancement opportunities, and from tuition assistance to our annual internal leadership conference.
We run huge company-sponsored donation events and contests, as well as offering paid volunteer time so you can commit your support to the causes which you care about most.
Holidays and paid time off
We offer ample paid time off including multiple holidays - because our team is our family, and your downtime and wellbeing are just as important to us as your time in work-mode.
Our salaries are competitive - rewarding your experience, hard work, and commitment. We also have a 401K plan which provides a matching contribution.
We offer several medical plans and options to choose from including dental, vision, disability and life insurance, dependent care and flexible spending.
Pets are part of the family too! We offer comprehensive vet insurance to make sure your cats are cared for, your pups are prioritized, and your lizards looked-after.
Summary The Loss Mitigation Specialist will serve as the Single Point of Contact (SPOC) for Freedom’s customers that are in a loan default situation to find resolution to preserving home ownership or to identify …
Summary The SPOC Supervisor is responsible for the oversight and compliance of the Single Point of Contact team in the Loss Mitigation group. The Supervisor must be knowledgeable in FHA, VA, USDA, FNMA, and FHLMC loss …
The Customer Care Representative is responsible for assisting Freedom’s customers in the servicing of their mortgage. This may include helping in a call center capacity in one of the following functions: customer service, collections, or l…
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential function satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodation…
Position Description: The Customer Care Single Point of Contact (Loss Mitigation) representative is responsible for assisting Freedom’s customers in the servicing of their mortgage. This may include hel…
Summary: Responsible for the intake review of loss mitigation options for all workout types on all loan types. Also responsible for assisting with inbox on an as needed b…
Summary: Responsible for processing servicing loan documents, in digital format, and load them into the document management system to optimize business processes, meet regulatory requirements and customer care need…
The responsibilities for the Default Best Execution Specialist include performing all day-to-day activities related to recommending the best financial strategy on defaulted loans and acquired properties serviced by Freedom Mortgage. Responsibili…
Summary The Director of Servicing Customer Care is responsible for the strategic planning and execution of call center operations within their specific site. This leader will identify opportunities and develop the …