Responsible for the underwriting of loss mitigation options for workout types on loan types as assigned.
Essential Job Functions:
- Review “complete” package to determine if additional documents are required
- Review and analyze borrowers’ financial documents, i.e. financial statements, hardship letter, tax returns, bank statements, pay stubs, profit and loss statement and credit bureau reports.
- Notify desinated Single Point of Contact if documentation is missing, additional documention is required or provide the borrower with updated status of their loss mitigation application.
- Maintain extensive knowledge of investor, insurer and client guidelines and timeframes required for processing a loan workout
- Perform audits, or reviews, of processes within Loss Mitigation Departments as assigned and within the announced SLA
- Order credit reports, title reports, NPV, broker price opinions or appraisals.
- Determine best possible loan workout solution; make a recommendation in conjunction with investor, insurer guidelines.
- Obtain and submit required documentation to/from investors, insurers for review for appropriate workout
- Review pipeline and exception reports daily
- Fully underwrite and have decision made within 30 days of receipt of a loss mitigation package.
- Calculate modification principal balance capitalization for approved retention options, taking into account past due interest, escrow, and 3rd party advances.
- Responsible for documenting the servicing system, generate appropriate letters and/or tasks, as well as adding documentation to EDMS to substantiate the loss mitigation decision made for each account
- Extensive knowledge of investor, insurerv workout guidelines and functional knowledge of residential mortgage documents
Other Related Duties:
Performs other related duties assigned
This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential function satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
Education and/or Experience:
Bachelors Degree from a Four (4) year College or University; or one (1) to two (2) years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or government regulations. Ability to write business correspondence,. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference, and fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
Career development and advancement
Working at Freedom, you have the chance to invest in yourself. From on-the-job training to advancement opportunities, and from tuition assistance to our annual internal leadership conference, we’re focused on upskilling, achieving, and celebrating.Learn More
We run huge company-sponsored donation events and contests, as well as offer paid volunteer time so you can commit your support to the causes which you care about most.Learn More
Holidays and paid time off
We offer ample paid time off including multiple paid holidays — because your downtime and well-being are just as important to us as your time in work mode.Learn More
Our salaries are competitive — rewarding your experiences, contributions, and hard work. We also have a 401K plan which provides a matching contribution.Learn More
We offer several medical benefits plans and options to choose from including dental, vision, disability and life insurance, dependent care and flexible spending.Learn More
Pets are part of the family too! We offer comprehensive vet insurance to make sure your cats are cared for, your pups are prioritized, and your lizards looked-after.Learn More
Foreclosure Specialist III Soar With Us Flying ahead of the flock for over 30 years, we at Freedom Mortgage have taken millions of Americans under our wing and helped them achieve the…
Summary Foreclosure Specialist is responsible for working directly with governmental, special servicing, private label, and high profile investors while making decisions and providing resolutions regarding foreclo…
Summary The Default Referral Analyst will be responsible for reviewing, analyzing and processing an assigned portfolio of accounts in active bankruptcy of those identified as possible foreclosure referrals. Unde…
The Supervisor, Loss Mitigation - Business Process Analyst will be responsible, directly or through staff, for protecting the assets of the company in bankruptcies, repossessions and other legal proceedings. This position plans, directs, s…
Prepare mailing labels for overnight packages Upon receipt of executed documents, validate all signatures have been completed, dated, and notarized and are submitted to Management for final signatures and notarization …
Foreclosure Specialist is responsible for working directly with governmental, special servicing, private label, and high profile investors while making decisions and providing resolutions regarding foreclosure issues in order to minimize risks a…
Summary The VA Claim Processing Specialist is responsible for the filing of all VA Basic expense claims and all non-conveyance claims including Third Party claims, max guaranty claims, Compromise Sales and Refundin…
Summary The Loss Mitigation Supervisor will be responsible, directly or through staff, for protecting the assets of the company in bankruptcies, repossessions and other legal proceedings. This position plans,…
Soar With Us Flying ahead of the flock for over 30 years, we at Freedom Mortgage have taken millions of Americans under our wing and helped them achieve their dreams of financial betterment and homeownership. This …