The Loss Mitigation Supervisor will be responsible, directly or through staff, for protecting the assets of the company in bankruptcies, repossessions and other legal proceedings. This position plans, directs, supervises and evaluates work flow for the Loss Mitigation department, coordinates work activities to achieve the volume expected to meet operational requirements, provides process-specific feedback and training to loss mitigation efforts throughout the unit, recommends operational improvements, monitors performance of staff members according to established standards and conducts performance evaluations, training and coaching of the staff. Previous supervisory experience or relatable experience required.
Essential Job Functions:
- Supervises daily operation of the Loss Mitigation department, ensuring compliance with departmental policies and procedures and all applicable government, investor and client regulations.
- Reviews loss mitigation documents for approval or denial to ensure consistency, accuracy, and quality within department.
- Identifies trends and develops process improvements and system enhancements to improve department's effectiveness.
- Receives and resolves customer complaints
- Performs duties related to staff development such as performance evaluations, disciplining employees, and training.
- Compiles data and generates ad-hoc reporting for Manager.
- Provides monthly summary to Manager on departmental performance objectives.
- Maintains up-to-date knowledge, understanding and documentation of required State, Federal, CFPB, Investor, and PMI guidelines related to regarding loan modifications, short sale, and deed in lieu. Ensures regular and timely communication of required process changes to all areas of the Credit Solutions department.
- Sets production and service goals for direct reports. Directs the performance of the staff through effective coaching, training and performance appraisals to achieve established goals and service levels.
- Develops and analyzes management reports for the purpose to ensure all production and quality goals are meet.
- Serves as subject matter expert and escalation point for staff and members regarding loan modifications, short sale, and deed in lieu.
- All other duties as assigned
Other Related Duties:
Performs other related duties as assigned.
Manages staff and carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
Education and/or Experience:
- Bachelor's degree (B.A.) from four-year College or University or equivalent work experience.
- Three (3) to five (5) years of experience in a Collections/Loss Mitigation related position, preferably in a Financial Services environment, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience and/or knowledge of the mortgage industry, preferred but not required
- Promote a positive workplace supportive of company goals and objectives.
- Ability to quickly identify issues and resolve problems.
- Communicates any trends and / or problems with recommended solutions to department management.
- Previous supervisory experience or relatable experience required.
Career development and advancement
Working at Freedom, you have the chance to invest in yourself. From on-the-job training to advancement opportunities, and from tuition assistance to our annual internal leadership conference.
We run huge company-sponsored donation events and contests, as well as offering paid volunteer time so you can commit your support to the causes which you care about most.
Holidays and paid time off
We offer ample paid time off including multiple holidays - because our team is our family, and your downtime and wellbeing are just as important to us as your time in work-mode.
Our salaries are competitive - rewarding your experience, hard work, and commitment. We also have a 401K plan which provides a matching contribution.
We offer several medical plans and options to choose from including dental, vision, disability and life insurance, dependent care and flexible spending.
Pets are part of the family too! We offer comprehensive vet insurance to make sure your cats are cared for, your pups are prioritized, and your lizards looked-after.
Summary The Customer Satisfaction Ambassador Supervisor is responsible for the oversight and management of the escalations process for customer experience including but not limited to: Call center, Correspondence a…
Summary The Escalations Specialist is responsible for assisting Freedom’s customers to address disputes or concerns; resolve them in a timely manner, and to ensure the customer’s satisfaction. This will…
The Junior Letter Coordinator is responsible for the generation of manual letters and some machine-derived letters that need additional attention required by contractual and state default letter requirements; i.e. the manual addition o…
Summary The Loss Mitigation Manager – Loss Mitigation is responsible for the oversight and compliance of the loss mitigation process (processing, underwriting, closing) of all workouts. In addition, t…
Position Description: The Customer Care Single Point of Contact (Loss Mitigation) representative is responsible for assisting Freedom’s customers in the servicing of their mortgage. This may include hel…
Position Description: The Customer Care Representative is responsible for assisting Freedom’s customers in the servicing of their mortgage. This may include helping in a call center capacity in one…
Summary The Loss Mitigation Specialist will serve as the Single Point of Contact (SPOC) for Freedom’s customers that are in a loan default situation to find resolution to preserving home ownership or to identify …
Summary: Responsible for the management of the day to day operations of the Special Loans Group. Provide leadership and guidance to the departmental staff in the performance of their duties relating to but not limi…
The responsibilities for the Default Best Execution Specialist include performing all day-to-day activities related to recommending the best financial strategy on defaulted loans and acquired properties serviced by Freedom Mortgage. Responsibili…