The Loss Mitigation Supervisor will be responsible, directly or through staff, for protecting the assets of the company in bankruptcies, repossessions and other legal proceedings. This position plans, directs, supervises and evaluates work flow for the Loss Mitigation department, coordinates work activities to achieve the volume expected to meet operational requirements, provides process-specific feedback and training to loss mitigation efforts throughout the unit, recommends operational improvements, monitors performance of staff members according to established standards and conducts performance evaluations, training and coaching of the staff.
Essential Job Functions:
- Supervises daily operation of the Loss Mitigation department, ensuring compliance with departmental policies and procedures and all applicable government, investor and client regulations.
- Reviews loss mitigation documents for approval or denial to ensure consistency, accuracy, and quality within department.
- Identifies trends and develops process improvements and system enhancements to improve department's effectiveness.
- Receives and resolves customer complaints
- Performs duties related to staff development such as performance evaluations, disciplining employees, and training.
- Compiles data and generates ad-hoc reporting for Manager.
- Provides monthly summary to Manager on departmental performance objectives.
- Maintains up-to-date knowledge, understanding and documentation of required State, Federal, CFPB, Investor, and PMI guidelines related to regarding loan modifications, short sale, and deed in lieu. Ensures regular and timely communication of required process changes to all areas of the Credit Solutions department.
- Sets production and service goals for direct reports. Directs the performance of the staff through effective coaching, training and performance appraisals to achieve established goals and service levels.
- Develops and analyzes management reports for the purpose to ensure all production and quality goals are meet.
- Serves as subject matter expert and escalation point for staff and members regarding loan modifications, short sale, and deed in lieu.
- All other duties as assigned
Other Related Duties:
Performs other related duties as assigned.
Manages staff and carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential function satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
Education and/or Experience:
Bachelor's degree (B.A.) from four-year College or University or equivalent work experience. Three to five years of experience in a Collections/Loss Mitigation related position, preferably in a Financial Services environment, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
Career development and advancement
Working at Freedom, you have the chance to invest in yourself. From on-the-job training to advancement opportunities, and from tuition assistance to our annual internal leadership conference.
We run huge company-sponsored donation events and contests, as well as offering paid volunteer time so you can commit your support to the causes which you care about most.
Holidays and paid time off
We offer ample paid time off including multiple holidays - because our team is our family, and your downtime and wellbeing are just as important to us as your time in work-mode.
Our salaries are competitive - rewarding your experience, hard work, and commitment. We also have a 401K plan which provides a matching contribution.
We offer several medical plans and options to choose from including dental, vision, disability and life insurance, dependent care and flexible spending.
Pets are part of the family too! We offer comprehensive vet insurance to make sure your cats are cared for, your pups are prioritized, and your lizards looked-after.
The Customer Care Supervisor is responsible for the oversight and management of customer service/customer care including but not limited to; call center, web services and refinance opportunities. Essential Job Functions: …
The responsibilities for the Default Best Execution Specialist include performing all day-to-day activities related to recommending the best financial strategy on defaulted loans and acquired properties serviced by Freedom Mortgage. Responsibili…
The Loss Recovery Supervisor is responsible for the day-to-day oversight of the activities related to the QC, audit and of loss recovery claims submitted for payment. It is the Supervisor’s responsibility to …
Summary: Evaluates, designs, executes, measures, monitors and control business processes. Ensure that business process outcomes are in harmony with an organization’s strategic goals. Work collaborative…
Summary Foreclosure Specialist is responsible for working directly with governmental, special servicing, private label, and high profile investors while making decisions and providing resolutions regarding foreclo…
The Customer Care Representative is responsible for assisting Freedom’s customers in the servicing of their mortgage. This may include helping in a call center capacity in one of the following functions: customer service, collections, or l…
Summary The Assumption/Loss Mitigation Loan Processor will underwrite for loss mitigation options - all workout types on all loan types. It will be necessary for the processor to have experience in Full Doc …
The Vice President – Loss Mitigation is responsible for the oversight and compliance of the loss mitigation process (processing, underwriting, closing) of all workouts. In addition, this position is responsible for loss mitigation cl…
The Title Analyst I – Servicing Operations Support is responsible for filing loan policy insurance claims against title issues as recommended by legal counsel or as determined upon examination of title reports, while ensuring compliance of…