The Loss Mitigation Back-End Closing Supervisor will be responsible, directly or through staff, for protecting the assets of the company in bankruptcies, repossessions and other legal proceedings. This position plans, directs, supervises and evaluates work flow for the Loss Mitigation department, coordinates work activities to achieve the volume expected to meet operational requirements, provides process-specific feedback and training to loss mitigation efforts throughout the unit, recommends operational improvements, monitors performance of staff members according to established standards and conducts performance evaluations, training and coaching of the staff.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Supervises daily operation of the Loss Mitigation department, ensuring compliance with departmental policies and procedures and all applicable government, investor and client regulations.
- Reviews loss mitigation transactions for approval or denial to ensure consistency, accuracy, and quality within department.
- Identifies trends and develops process improvements and system enhancements to improve department's effectiveness.
- Receives and resolves customer complaints
- Performs duties related to staff development such as performance evaluations, disciplining employees, and training.
- Compiles data and generates ad-hoc reporting for Manager.
- Provides monthly summary to Manager on departmental performance objectives.
- Maintains up-to-date knowledge, understanding and documentation of required State, Federal, CFPB, Investor, and PMI guidelines related to regarding loan modifications, short sale, and deed in lieu. Ensures regular and timely communication of required process changes to all areas of the Credit Solutions department.
- Sets production and service goals for direct reports. Directs the performance of the staff through effective coaching, training and performance appraisals to achieve established goals and service levels.
- Develops and analyzes management reports for the purpose to ensure all production and quality goals are meet.
- Serves as subject matter expert and escalation point for staff and members regarding loan modifications, short sale, and deed in lieu.
- All other duties as assigned
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential function satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
Education and/or Experience:
- Bachelor's degree (B.A.) from four-year College or University preferred or equivalent work experience.
- Three to five years of experience in a Collections/Loss Mitigation related position, preferably in a Financial Services environment, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Career development and advancement
Working at Freedom, you have the chance to invest in yourself. From on-the-job training to advancement opportunities, and from tuition assistance to our annual internal leadership conference, we’re focused on upskilling, achieving, and celebrating.Learn More
We run huge company-sponsored donation events and contests, as well as offer paid volunteer time so you can commit your support to the causes which you care about most.Learn More
Holidays and paid time off
We offer ample paid time off including multiple paid holidays — because your downtime and well-being are just as important to us as your time in work mode.Learn More
Our salaries are competitive — rewarding your experiences, contributions, and hard work. We also have a 401K plan which provides a matching contribution.Learn More
We offer several medical benefits plans and options to choose from including dental, vision, disability and life insurance, dependent care and flexible spending.Learn More
Pets are part of the family too! We offer comprehensive vet insurance to make sure your cats are cared for, your pups are prioritized, and your lizards looked-after.Learn More
This position is Remote! Soar With Us Flying ahead of the flock for over 30 years, we at Freedom Mortgage have taken millions of Americans under our wing and helped them ach…
This position is Remote! Contested Default/BK Case Specialist III is responsible for Bankruptcy related litigation, foreclosure non-jury trial case handling across all portfolios and investors and Non-Routine Ca…
Summary The Default Business Process Analyst is responsible for reviewing, researching, and deciphering regulatory and compliance material to translate for Default Management. They work closely with change …
***POSITION CAN SIT REMOTELY*** Position Summary: The Business Process Manager is responsible for supervising staff and maintaining test development and testing processes, analyzing the results and giving feed…
**THIS POSITION CAN BE WORKED 100% REMOTE The primary role of the Supervisor is to oversee the staff of Title Analysts as they work to obtain clear and marketable title on loans with title issues in the servicing por…
THIS POSITION CAN BE WORKED 100% REMOTE POSITION SUMMARY: The Default Best Execution Manager is responsible for management of a team handling the day-to-day activities related to analyzing defaulted loan…
**THIS POSITION CAN SIT REMOTELY** The CBR Manager is responsible for the oversight and management of the credit bureau reporting support team. The CBR Support Team consists of Quality Assurance, Code Cross testin…
Soar With Us Flying ahead of the flock for over 30 years, we at Freedom Mortgage have taken millions of Americans under our wing and helped them achieve their dreams of financial betterment and homeownership. This is on…
**THIS POSITION CAN BE WORKED 100% REMOTE The Manager, SPOC Servicing is responsible for the oversight and compliance of servicing regulations, adherence to procedures and overall customer experience within the Se…