Loan Officer (Retail Mortgage Sales)
Soar With Us
Flying ahead of the flock for over 30 years, we at Freedom Mortgage have taken millions of Americans under our wing and helped them achieve their dreams of financial betterment and homeownership. This is only possible through our vast knowledge base and broad capabilities, and it’s demonstrated by our winning trajectory.
If you are…
- A relationship-builder. We need you to love building relationships with our customers and with your teammates, using your top-notch communication skills to keep everyone up to date.
- A tech-savvy learner. We need you to have confidence using computers and learning/to learn new systems such as our loan origination system and automated underwriting system
- A go-getter. We need you to bring your energy and enthusiasm to get out there and make it happen. A big part of this role is developing and maintaining great relationships from scratch through various sources.
- A skilled negotiator. We need you to be confident enough to negotiate price and terms and conditions with our potential mortgagors, and bold enough to close the deal to meet company targets and goals.
- A self-starter. We need you to be content working alone as you conduct your sales activities - but equally comfortable and considerate in a team setting.
- No stranger to the business world. We need you to actively stay in-the-know on all specifics, regulations, and legislation surrounding our offering, as well as keeping up with sales techniques and best practice through individual and company training plans.
… then you belong in the Freedom family.
The Opportunity: Loan Officer (Retail Mortgage Sales)
Freedom Mortgage is seeking an outstanding Loan Officer (with NMLS and State License in good standing) to make sales of residential mortgage loan packages across the US. Whether it’s with existing potential customers or available client referral sources (realtors, brokers, builders, financial advisors, developers...), our ideal candidate will source, grow, and maintain positive and active relationships to meet loan quality and production goals. You’ll enjoy the freedom to get out of the office and meet new people; but will be responsible for knowing our
services inside-and-out, negotiating and closing the best deals possible, and overseeing the whole process, from application to closing, for your entire customer base.
What does the job look like?
As a Loan Officer, your daily duties will include...
- Engaging in sales activities in a variety of settings, developing great relationships with potential customers and other sources to generate leads.
- Consistently topping up your knowledge of our services and all laws and regulations surrounding them, as well as keeping a keen eye on how the competitive and local real estate landscapes shift and change.
- Writing sales reports, planning itineraries, and engaging in dynamic marketing and promotional activities to support our sales goals.
- Overseeing the overall customer experience, from application to close, to ensure your customers receive the best service.
- High School Diploma/GED and 2 years of relevant experience or Bachelor's degree from four-year College or University
- Minimum 1 active state license
- Must have NMLS and SAFE, UST preferred
If you invest your drive and commitment with us, you’ll realize an incredible return, in a diverse environment where all staff can grow and flourish. With excellent training and development opportunities available at all levels, a great benefits package, and a talented working family all around you, with Freedom, you’ll enjoy a rewarding, challenging, and exciting career where you can reach incredible new heights.
Soar With Us.
Career development and advancement
Working at Freedom, you have the chance to invest in yourself. From on-the-job training to advancement opportunities, and from tuition assistance to our annual internal leadership conference, we’re focused on upskilling, achieving, and celebrating.Learn More
We run huge company-sponsored donation events and contests, as well as offer paid volunteer time so you can commit your support to the causes which you care about most.Learn More
Holidays and paid time off
We offer ample paid time off including multiple paid holidays — because your downtime and well-being are just as important to us as your time in work mode.Learn More
Our salaries are competitive — rewarding your experiences, contributions, and hard work. We also have a 401K plan which provides a matching contribution.Learn More
We offer several medical benefits plans and options to choose from including dental, vision, disability and life insurance, dependent care and flexible spending.Learn More
Pets are part of the family too! We offer comprehensive vet insurance to make sure your cats are cared for, your pups are prioritized, and your lizards looked-after.Learn More
Summary: This role is for preparing for the Loan officer role. They are preparing by completing all necessary licensing requirements and all required training to become licensed Essen…
Loan Officer (Retail Mortgage Sales) Soar With Us Flying ahead of the flock for over 30 years, we at Freedom Mortgage have taken millions of Americans under our wing and helped them achieve their dreams of financial bette…
The Loan Processor is responsible for processing the full document process by managing the customer relationship from application to closing while ensuring the all necessary steps are in accordance with internal policies and procedures to bring …
Summary Assist their assigned Retail Loan Officers in Sales, Marketing and Post-Application activities Essential Job Functions: …
Summary Assist their assigned Retail Loan Officers in Sales, Marketing and Post-Application activities Essential Job Functions: Perform specific tasks assigned by Loa…
The Clerical Assistant is responsible for providing clerical support in terms of scanning, filing, faxing, data input, etc. as well as additional tasks as needed on a project basis. The Clerical Assistant is responsible for providing clerical su…
Summary: This role is for preparing for the Loan officer role. They are preparing by completing all necessary licensing requirements and all required training to become licensed. …
To assist loan officers with preparing the file for processing. Gathering all required documents from the borrowers, uploading to the file, ordering various third party verifications and services such as Verification of Employments, IRS tax retu…
Essential Job Functions: The Retail Sales Manager is responsible for overseeing the day-to-day sales efforts of the assigned Retail Team. This person will be responsible for coaching Loan Officers to greater produc…