We are looking to hire a skilled and motivated Linux Server Administrator who will be responsible for the day to day operations of the infrastructure systems to meet the required SLA's for both the enterprise and customer facing operations.
The Linux Administrator will manage and maintain our Linux systems and servers. In this role, you will be responsible for installing or upgrading Linux-based systems and servers, managing user access, manage and monitor Linux services, and maintaining the security and stability of the Linux server platform.
To ensure success as a Linux Administrator you should have in-depth knowledge of Linux server setup, deployment, and maintenance, scripting skills, and the ability to solve complex IT issues, and ensures the smooth running of the company’s networking and server systems, while maintaining a high level of security.
Linux Administrator Responsibilities:
- Assessing the stability, security, and scalability of installed Linux systems.
- Perform server upgrades, updates, and migrations.
- Providing technical support for staff and back-end system users.
- Troubleshooting system and server errors.
- Reviewing system error logs and user-reported errors.
- Monitoring, managing capacity, efficiency, availability and scalability.
- Acquire, test and install security and system patches.
- Acquire, test and install system drivers and firmware.
- Managing user access.
- Monitoring system performance, capacity, stability and scalability.
- Maintaining server security.
- Manage and maintain data center operations.
- Participate in on-call rotation.
Linux Administrator Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology or equivalent experience.
- Proven work experience as a Linux Administrator.
- Detailed knowledge of Linux server setup, deployment, and maintenance on physical, VMWare and EC2 platforms.
- Ability to create scripts in Bash, Perl, Python, or similar languages.
- Experience with patch management, vulnerability assessment and management.
- Familiarity with networks including LAN and WAN.
- Knowledge of network security systems, intrusion detection systems, and data backup.
- Experience with Red Hat Enterprise Linux versions 6,7,8, Amazon Linux 2, Oracle Linux 6
- Excellent problem-solving, analytical and communication skills.
Career development and advancement
Working at Freedom, you have the chance to invest in yourself. From on-the-job training to advancement opportunities, and from tuition assistance to our annual internal leadership conference.
We run huge company-sponsored donation events and contests, as well as offer paid volunteer time so you can commit your support to the causes which you care about most.
Holidays and paid time off
We offer ample paid time off including multiple holidays - because our team is our family, and your downtime and wellbeing are just as important to us as your time in work-mode.
Our salaries are competitive - rewarding your experience, hard work, and commitment. We also have a 401K plan which provides a matching contribution.
We offer several medical plans and options to choose from including dental, vision, disability and life insurance, dependent care and flexible spending.
Pets are part of the family too! We offer comprehensive vet insurance to make sure your cats are cared for, your pups are prioritized, and your lizards looked-after.
The Sr Business Analyst will be responsible to capture business objectives and transforming into functional requirements by documenting the current/future state of critical business operations, automated systems process and reporting through a c…
Freedom Mortgage Corporation, a national lender headquartered in Southern New Jersey, is looking for an experienced Technical Lead with a strong technical background to work on implementation of automation solutions using IBM BPM. …
FMC is seeking a system administrator to manage a growing Mac program in our Windows based enterprise. This position will work with various departments within IT and enterprise hardware owners to help create a standard image for Apple devices wh…
The IT Business Analyst-Funding will support the Corporate Funding & Warehouse Business Alignment departments. This position provides IT support to these Business areas and focuses primarily on project management and escalation management. I…
The Sr. Business Operations Analyst’s primary responsibility will be to ensure the information technology applications are available and flexible to meet the changing business environment. Maintaining operational stability, application per…
The IT Portfolio Manager is a member of the IT Software Development team with the primary responsibility for oversight of incoming new work requests, assisting senior management with continuous portfolio management (status, projections, resource…
The Business Operations Analyst’s primary responsibility will be to ensure the information technology applications are available and flexible to meet the changing business environment. Maintaining operational stability, application perform…
Provide vision and direction to key IT initiatives by integrating processes, systems, and information to fulfill objectives impacting multiple business stakeholders. Initiate, plan and execute projects while monito…
The Director of Change Validation will be responsible for managing the people and process involved with ensuring software changes moving to production have been tested appropriately and present the highest level of assurance that their introduction i…