The Learning & Development Support Specialist will support the Training Manager and team in the development, organization and presentation of training materials and courses to ensure company training requirements are met for Wholesale employees at all levels.
The Learning & Development Support Specialist must possess the skills and techniques necessary to assist in the coaching, training and designing. Background knowledge of mortgage banking operations, programs, products and procedures is required. Close attention to detail and strong communication skills are crucial. The ability & willingness to train, coach and support Wholesale staff as needed to enable them to complete, accurate and acceptable loan files for approval is essential.
The Learning & Development Support Specialist will primarily be responsible for reviewing the accuracy and quality of the loans completed by new hires during the post-training mentoring period upon the release from the training classroom. During this mentorship period, the Support specialist will provide a one-on-one and four-on-one coaching/mentorship with the trainees. Additionally, the Learning & Development Support Specialist will facilitate practice communication with calling and emailing external clients. Additional responsibilities include providing on-the-job training support based on branch specific rules and regulations, applicable to each ROC.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- 40% Mentor/Coach: Provides on-the-job personalized coaching for trainees upon dismissal from initial training program while overseeing file reviews, assistance in the management of in-house and out-of-house communication with Brokers, Title Companies, Management/Leadership.
- 20% Producer: Support role for training sessions in the classroom including facilitation of activities, taking attendance, record keeping quality and performance of participants, ensuring production of class is running smoothly and on time.
- 30% Designing: Provides additional support for designer team. Must be able to follow standardizations, templates, and formatting techniques used by the design team. Comprehensive understanding and experience utilizing Microsoft Suite, including Microsoft Word and Microsoft OneNote. Experience utilizing OneNote for Classroom is a plus.
- 10% Reporting/Auditing: Documents trainees’ performance, attendance, collaboration, activity/game accomplishments and provide individual feedback to trainees on what is done well/what could go better and completes audits on file reviews completed by trainees.
- Provides technical assistance and support for all Wholesale training staff including, L&D trainers, designers, and managers
- Complete evaluations on learners to ensure the subject material is presented in an effective manner. Ability to adjust on the fly and modify activities, presentations, job aids, materials when necessary.
- Identifying employee developmental/training needs and develop programs/initiatives to meet those needs to enhance performance, morale, and corporate loyalty throughout the organization while reflecting the organization's core values.
- Documentation of performance after completion of file reviews and provides tailored feedback to individuals upon completion of loan review.
- Coordinates and assists with the planning and scheduling of subsequent coaching and training courses.
- Maintain regular and punctual attendance and meet all regulated lunch and break policies. Comply with all company policies and procedures.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Three (3) to five (5) years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Strong verbal and written communication skills to effectively deal with employees and various levels of management staff
- Solid time management skills
- Extraordinary team and customer orientation
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel and PowerPoint, OneNote in addition to other various applications
- Must provide a positive and professional example to trainees
- Excellent facilitation skills in both one-on-one and group presentation environments
- Interpersonal skills to work effectively in a team environment and maintain a professional and positive manner
- Performs other related duties as directed by Training Manager.
Career development and advancement
Working at Freedom, you have the chance to invest in yourself. From on-the-job training to advancement opportunities, and from tuition assistance to our annual internal leadership conference, we’re focused on upskilling, achieving, and celebrating.Learn More
We run huge company-sponsored donation events and contests, as well as offer paid volunteer time so you can commit your support to the causes which you care about most.Learn More
Holidays and paid time off
We offer ample paid time off including multiple paid holidays — because your downtime and well-being are just as important to us as your time in work mode.Learn More
Our salaries are competitive — rewarding your experiences, contributions, and hard work. We also have a 401K plan which provides a matching contribution.Learn More
We offer several medical benefits plans and options to choose from including dental, vision, disability and life insurance, dependent care and flexible spending.Learn More
Pets are part of the family too! We offer comprehensive vet insurance to make sure your cats are cared for, your pups are prioritized, and your lizards looked-after.Learn More
Summary The Change Management Analyst is responsible for the ownership of a structured process to plan, develop, deliver, and track change management deliverables. The Change Management Analyst intakes and un…
Summary: Freedom Mortgage, a Leader in FHA, VA and Conventional lending continues to grow its Wholesale Division with expanded Products and Programs. The Account Executive is responsible for soliciting qual…
Summary The Supervisor is responsible for managing a Default Portfolio of Default Referrals for Foreclosure workflow to ensure Consumer Financial Protection Bureau (CFPB), investor and insurer guidelines are strictly fo…
Summary The Loss Mitigation Specialist will serve as the Single Point of Contact (SPOC) for Freedom’s customers that are in a loan default situation to find resolution to preserving home ownership or to ident…
The Jr Dialer Analyst role is responsible for the day-to-day business management of command center operations. This includes daily telephony management, workforce & staffing-level management, data analysis, reporting, and software admin…
The Manager – Foreclosure is responsible for coordinating, monitoring and management of the Foreclosure staff which includes Foreclosure Milestone Specialist, Foreclosure Adminstraion Specialist, and Foreclosure Finanacial Specialist. …
Position Description: The Call Center Sales Manager is responsible for overseeing the daily operations. This person will be responsible for ensuring the department run efficiently while achieving and maintain…
SUMMARY: The Customer Outreach Specialist II will serve as the designated representative for Freedom’s customers that are in a loan default or potential loan default situation to find resolution to preserving home…
The VA Claim Processing Specialist is responsible for the filing of all VA Conveyance claims in accordance with investor/insurer time frames and follow up on all claim payments. It is essential these functions are handled timely & within est…