Results oriented Software QA Lead with minimum 10 years total hands-on experience, including 5 years leading SDLC compliant on-shore and off-shore QA test teams. Proven liaison and partnership skills to effectively manage client expectations along with accomplished communication, negotiation and problem resolution skills. Innovative problem solver with hands on testing experience and ability to see both the business and technical sides of the problem. Reengineered and facilitated key QA methodologies, processes and metrics standards resulting in increased quality of releases delivered to clients. Strong analytical skills with solid technical background in distributed development environments.
Essential Job Functions:
- Lead QA initiatives including supervising and managing small QA team and contributing to the testing effort in a hands-on role.
- Leads small teams (FTE and contractors) on numerous projects
- Work with the QA Director to evaluate and enhance SQA standards, technologies and approaches
- Establish and evolve formal QA processes, ensuring that the team is using industry-accepted best practices
- Oversee all aspects of quality assurance including establishing metrics, applying industry best practices, and developing new tools and processes to ensure quality goals are met
- Provides leadership and oversight in creating and maintaining quality assurance validation and IT department processes including standard operating procedures, working practices and guidelines.
- Conducts periodic audits to ensure quality and compliance with PMO processes and standards.
- Conduct reviews of test cases and results
- Attend sprint planning meetings with product managers & designers
- API testing and automation
- Act as key point of contact for all QA aspects of releases, providing QA services and coordinating QA resources internally and externally
- Lead and mentor QA team members, as well as manage outside contract testers
- Assist with the enhancement of current test scripts and develop and execute test cases, scripts, plans and procedures (manual and automated)
- Automation of complex test cases
- Work closely with cross-functional organizations, project teams and clients to develop project schedules, execute test plans and cases and deliver high quality products
- Track testing risks and develop mitigation action plans
- Analyze data and produce scheduled quality assurance reports
- Responsibilities will include the creation and execution of detailed test scripts to verify software functionality and adherence to business requirements (Including manual and automated testing environments)
- Mentor junior engineers
- Lead IT QA team to ensure all staff is competently performing their duties.
- Responsible for hiring, retention and development of IT QA team
- Prepare summary of review results, disseminate to appropriate staff, and follow up with staff and managers.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required.
- Intermediate understanding of web application programming and structure (e.g. Web Services, SOAP/REST, EJB, HTML/JS/CSS)
- Advanced working knowledge of system development methodologies (BDD, ATDD)
- Extensive knowledge of QA tools such as Jira and agile methodologies
- Excellent leadership and coaching skills
- Consultative management and communications styles
- Strong written and verbal communications skills
- Experience managing QA teams on initiatives of at least 3 people
- Experience with software test processes
- Proven ability to lead offshore teams
- Capable of adapting to a rapidly evolving environment
- Strong people management, interpersonal communication and collaboration skills
- Proven track record of delivering high quality products
- Expert at SQA methodologies, tools and approaches (manual and automated testing experience);
- Experience in a web consulting environment preferred
- BS in Computer Science or equivalent education/experience. Related work experience may be considered in lieu of degree
Education and/or Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree from a Four (4) year College or University.
- Advanced skills, subject matter expert with 10+ years QA experience.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as policy and procedure manuals, safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of the organization.
Career development and advancement
Working at Freedom, you have the chance to invest in yourself. From on-the-job training to advancement opportunities, and from tuition assistance to our annual internal leadership conference, we’re focused on upskilling, achieving, and celebrating.Learn More
We run huge company-sponsored donation events and contests, as well as offer paid volunteer time so you can commit your support to the causes which you care about most.Learn More
Holidays and paid time off
We offer ample paid time off including multiple paid holidays — because your downtime and well-being are just as important to us as your time in work mode.Learn More
Our salaries are competitive — rewarding your experiences, contributions, and hard work. We also have a 401K plan which provides a matching contribution.Learn More
We offer several medical benefits plans and options to choose from including dental, vision, disability and life insurance, dependent care and flexible spending.Learn More
Pets are part of the family too! We offer comprehensive vet insurance to make sure your cats are cared for, your pups are prioritized, and your lizards looked-after.Learn More
The Director, Reporting is responsible for overseeing the design and development of complex reporting with an understanding of current business processes and metrics as they relate to delivering software with an emphasis on Quality Assurance. &n…
The focus of Software QA Test Automation Engineer II position will be designing and developing automated test solutions, create and maintain test automation framework, develop and execute automated test plans. This position is required minimum 5…
Results oriented Software QA Manager with minimum 10 years total hands-on experience, including 8 years leading SDLC compliant on-shore and off-shore QA test teams. Proven liaison and partnership skills to effectively manage client expectations …
Results oriented Software QA Engineer lead with minimum 8 years total hands-on experience, including 5 years leading SDLC compliant on-shore and off-shore QA test teams. Proven liaison and partnership skills to effectively manage client ex…
We are seeking a talented, passionate, and self-directed Salesforce Architect to join Freedom Mortgage Corporation’s Salesforce IT team. This role will be responsible for leading technical initiatives and aligning technical sol…
The performance test engineer is an integral part of the Performance Testing team working in a dynamic fast paced, agile environment. S/he should have advanced experience writing LoadRunner scripts and be able to jump onto any performance …
Summary The Senior Business Analyst formulates and defines process and reporting scope and objectives through research and fact-finding combined with an understanding of applicable business systems and industry re…
The Senior Business Analyst with the IT Business Solutions department formulates and defines project scope based on business objectives and technology capabilities through a combination of research, fact-finding, understanding of applicable busi…
The Business Analyst (BA) formulates and defines scope based on objectives and technology capabilities through a combination of research, fact-finding, understanding of applicable business systems and industry standards. Provides analysis of bus…