The position initiates, plans and executes IT programs while monitoring and controlling the individual project work streams to ensure the timely delivery of quality solutions. This individual will provide leadership, vision and direction to these key business initiatives by integrating processes, systems, and information to fulfill the initiative’s objectives. The ideal candidate will be an excellent leader and will have experience in indirectly managing staff of different disciplines.
Essential Job Functions:
- Work directly with Business Partners, Product Leads and IT and subject matter experts to define program objectives, scope and strategy for program execution
- Directs assigned programs throughout the project life cycle, aligning project resources to achieve goals and ensuring established timelines are met.
- Measures and monitors program progress and health at clearly defined points in the process to ensure that individual project work streams are delivered on time, within budget, and within scope of program goals.
- Supports product owners of different work streams (including vendor partners) to ensure overall program goals and objectives are being met
- Develop and provide program status to all stakeholders including executive management
- Negotiates Dependencies, and trade-off with Business Partners and Product Leads, and apprises management of impact while appropriately balancing project scope, schedule, budget, quality and risks.
- Develops, analyzes and manages multiple project plans and appropriate report-out documentation.
- Coordinates with Business Partners, Business Analysts, Developers, Quality Analysts and Vendors to identify and define requirements and indicate areas of business and system impact.
- Follows IT Software Development Life Cycle policies and procedures including change and risk management
- Leads development and/or review of budgets and resources estimates.
- Works with DDO leadership improving project disciplines across the organization
- May involve supervisory responsibilities of other IT project leaders and/or project coordinators.
Education and/or Experience:
- 10+ years of Program and Project Management / experience in leading initiatives with inter-dependent Product teams working in an Agile environment.
- B.S. or B.A. or equivalent work experience required; advanced degree or certification beneficial.
- Proven track record of delivering value while dealing with challenges such as cross-team dependencies, changing schedules and constantly evolving requirements.
- Relevant work experience in technology with a broad understanding across multiple IT disciplines.
- Excellent professional development skills such as oral and written communications, personal credibility, teamwork and collaboration, work planning, and estimating. Ability to present different messaging across all project stakeholders including business and IT senior management, vendors and team members.
- Highly organized, self-motivated, customer oriented and able to work independently as well as within a team and with internal business and technology partners including executive management.
- Skilled in building and motivating technical teams and possess ability to build strategic relationships and influence people at all levels of the organization.
- Experience in effectively coaching and mentoring other project managers across corresponding work streams.
- Comfortable in a fast-paced, multi-tasked environment
- Possesses exceptional strategic thinking, planning and relationship skills.
- Solid change management, negotiation and facilitation skills.
- Ability to create and manage project benefits and cost benefit analyses.
- Previous experience in Mortgage Banking and/or associated lines of business is highly preferred
- Advanced Scrum Master certification preferred
Career development and advancement
Working at Freedom, you have the chance to invest in yourself. From on-the-job training to advancement opportunities, and from tuition assistance to our annual internal leadership conference, we’re focused on upskilling, achieving, and celebrating.Learn More
We run huge company-sponsored donation events and contests, as well as offer paid volunteer time so you can commit your support to the causes which you care about most.Learn More
Holidays and paid time off
We offer ample paid time off including multiple paid holidays — because your downtime and well-being are just as important to us as your time in work mode.Learn More
Our salaries are competitive — rewarding your experiences, contributions, and hard work. We also have a 401K plan which provides a matching contribution.Learn More
We offer several medical benefits plans and options to choose from including dental, vision, disability and life insurance, dependent care and flexible spending.Learn More
Pets are part of the family too! We offer comprehensive vet insurance to make sure your cats are cared for, your pups are prioritized, and your lizards looked-after.Learn More
Freedom Mortgage is seeking an enthusiastic and data driven IT professional to join the Information Management (IM) team. The primary job responsibility will be to work closely with Product Managers, Business Analysts, Engineers, Developers and …
Description At Freedom Mortgage Corporation, we are working with leading technologies that include Mulesoft to manage our move toward Service Oriented Architecture (SOA). We are searching for experienced, senior level Mulesoft Develo…
Freedom Mortgage Corporation is one of America’s largest privately held mortgage companies whose mission is to help enable our customers to realize the American dream of home ownership. At Freedom Mortgage, while…
Freedom Mortgage Corporation is one of America’s largest privately held mortgage companies whose mission is to help enable our customers to realize the American dream of home ownership. At Freedom Mortgage Corporation, we are working…
Freedom Mortgage Corporation is one of America’s largest privately held mortgage companies whose mission is to help enable our customers to realize the American dream of home ownership. At Freedom Mortgage, while we relentlessly …
Utilize your collaborative skills to work with business partners, IT managers/staff, to ensure high reliability, availability, and performance of applications. Build resilient application that can scale appropriately based on business needs. Par…
The ETL Developer is responsible for the Technical Analysis, Design, Development, Testing and Implementation of ETL processes for a growing data warehouse. Essential Job Functio…
Sr. Windows Administrator Job Description We are looking to hire a skilled and motivated Sr. Windows Server Administrator who will be responsible for the day to day operations …
Description/Summary : As part of the IM group, the Manager of Business Intelligence will provide Freedom Mortgage with managing, updating, and operating segments of our development team and the affiliated technical …