The IT Portfolio Manager is a member of the IT Software Development team with the primary responsibility for oversight of incoming new work requests, assisting senior management with continuous portfolio management (status, projections, resource planning, new request monitoring) and, ensuring the IT portfolio aligns with the organization’s strategic vision.
Essential Job Functions
- Define and implement portfolio management policies and processes to support fact-based decisions on projects and resource utilization
- Develop Portfolio metrics, dashboards, and reports which accurately forecast resource utilization and capacity
- Develop reports for executive management with meaningful IT portfolio metrics, status, and resource utilization
- Facilitate the annual and quarterly IT portfolio planning process to ensure projects and initiatives align to the organization’s strategic goals and prioritize accordingly
- Definition and maintenance of resource pool regarding availability and skills
- Understand, evaluate and manage risks to the IT portfolio
- Facilitate discussions and activities regarding IT project funding, resourcing, and prioritization ensuring maximum value delivery and strategic alignment
- Work with the vendor in the resolution of issues and to support new releases to the platform including an end to end testing
- Day-to-day management and administration of Workfront management tool including reporting capabilities and workflow
- Prepare and review IT Portfolio project forecasts and produce high-level roadmaps
- Identification of mid- to long-term resource demands and identify any gaps
- Work with delivery and portfolio teams to establish the need for internal and external IT resources
This job will have supervisory responsibilities.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Education and/or Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in an IT-related field, or equivalent experience.
- 2 + years’ experience with Workfront management application or equivalent PMP application
- 7 + years of IT Portfolio and Resource Management
- 5 + years of PMO and Project Management experience
- Agile experience a plus
- 3 + plus years of supervisory experience
- Excellent teamwork and interpersonal skills, with the ability to communicate and collaborate with employees and management at all levels
- Ability to work in a dynamic environment, including the ability to manage and prioritize tasks while maintaining a service-oriented work ethic
- Must be very detail-oriented, organized, and able to work independently to support multiple teams simultaneously in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent analytical and planning skills coupled with an independent, objective, and process-oriented way of working
- Have a working knowledge of Workfront or equivalent PPM tool and the reporting capabilities of the tool
- Ability to work with cross-functional teams to ensure process adherence and integrity of data within the tool
- Ability to collaborate with teams to get a true assessment of program and project work in the IT portfolio
- Ensure that all strategic initiatives in the IT portfolio are prioritized and resourced to ensure delivery
- Ability to connect strategy to execution
- Provide objective methods to prioritizing work to ensure demand is focused on high-value strategic priorities but also accounting for remediation of technical debt in legacy platforms
- Develop and drive processes, policies, and controls related to Workfront and IT Portfolio and Resource Management
- Demonstrated ability to use structured problem solving and available tools to quickly evaluate problems, identify root causes, create action plans, assess the impact, and develop resolution options
Career development and advancement
Working at Freedom, you have the chance to invest in yourself. From on-the-job training to advancement opportunities, and from tuition assistance to our annual internal leadership conference.
We run huge company-sponsored donation events and contests, as well as offer paid volunteer time so you can commit your support to the causes which you care about most.
Holidays and paid time off
We offer ample paid time off including multiple holidays - because our team is our family, and your downtime and wellbeing are just as important to us as your time in work-mode.
Our salaries are competitive - rewarding your experience, hard work, and commitment. We also have a 401K plan which provides a matching contribution.
We offer several medical plans and options to choose from including dental, vision, disability and life insurance, dependent care and flexible spending.
Pets are part of the family too! We offer comprehensive vet insurance to make sure your cats are cared for, your pups are prioritized, and your lizards looked-after.
Provide vision and direction to key IT initiatives by integrating processes, systems, and information to fulfill objectives impacting multiple business stakeholders. Initiate, plan and execute projects while monito…
The Director of Change Validation will be responsible for managing the people and process involved with ensuring software changes moving to production have been tested appropriately and present the highest level of assurance that their introduction i…
At Freedom Mortgage Corporation, we are working with leading technologies that include Mulesoft to manage our move toward Service Oriented Architecture (SOA). We are searching for an experienced, senior level Mulesoft Development Technical…
The IT Project Reporting Analyst is a member of the IT Software Development team with the primary responsibility for research, gathering and analyzing IT Portfolio, Program, and Project data to track performance and develop reports with their re…
Responsible for defining technology solutions, including new applications and enhancements to existing software to be delivered to business partners. Work with business partners as a technology subject matter expert who can design transformative…
This position will provide leadership, vision and direction to key business initiatives by integrating processes, systems, and manage the portfolio of Technology Marketing projects. This position initiates, plans and executes projects while moni…
The Sr Business Analyst will be responsible to capture business objectives and transforming into functional requirements by documenting the current/future state of critical business operations, automated systems process and reporting through a c…
Software Engineer, III – Senior Software Performance Engineer At Freedom Mortgage Corporation, we are working with leading technologies that include WebSphere Portal Server in a Service Oriented Architec…
FMC is seeking a system administrator to manage a growing Mac program in our Windows based enterprise. This position will work with various departments within IT and enterprise hardware owners to help create a standard image for Apple devices wh…