The Business Analyst formulates and defines project scope based on business objectives and technology capabilities through a combination of research, fact-finding, understanding of applicable business systems and industry standards.
Provides analysis of business and user needs, documents requirements, and revises existing logic as necessary. Participates in process and systems analysis and considers the business implications of the application of technology to the current business environment.
Essential Job Functions:
- Defines and documents customer business functions and processes.
- Consults with functional unit management and personnel to identify, define and document business needs and objectives, current operational procedures, problems, input and output requirements, and levels of systems access.
- Acts as a liaison between departmental end-users, technical resources (architects, data analysts, developers, operation specialists), consultants and others in the analysis, design, configuration, testing and maintenance of systems to ensure optimal operational performance.
- Analyzes the feasibility of, and develops requirements for, new systems and enhancements to existing systems; ensures the system design fits the needs of the users.
- Tracks and fully documents changes for functional and business specifications; writes detailed universally understood procedures for permanent records and for use in training.
- Identifies opportunities for improving business processes through information systems and/or non-system driver changes; assists in the preparation of proposals to develop new systems and/or operational changes.
- Conducts change impact analysis to assess the potential implications of changes and documents business rules, functions and requirements.
- Participates in QA and user acceptance testing and testing of new system functionality.
- Obtains detailed, in-depth and expert knowledge of the assigned business processes and creates requirement documents for development and testing.
- Consistently challenges the IT and business teams to improve all aspects of their processes.
- Bachelor’s degree from a Four (4) year College or University 2+ years of diverse financial services / mortgage banking experience preferred.
- Experience with Agile Software Development Life cycle (SDLC) methodologies, particularly documentation of Use Cases is preferred.
- Business analysis skills are required.
- Ability to interface with all levels of the business to define business and functional requirements.
- Support business and IT teams, including requirements gathering and project management for new development and integration projects with little or no direction.
- Strong communication skills are required.
Career development and advancement
Working at Freedom, you have the chance to invest in yourself. From on-the-job training to advancement opportunities, and from tuition assistance to our annual internal leadership conference.
We run huge company-sponsored donation events and contests, as well as offer paid volunteer time so you can commit your support to the causes which you care about most.
Holidays and paid time off
We offer ample paid time off including multiple holidays - because our team is our family, and your downtime and wellbeing are just as important to us as your time in work-mode.
Our salaries are competitive - rewarding your experience, hard work, and commitment. We also have a 401K plan which provides a matching contribution.
We offer several medical plans and options to choose from including dental, vision, disability and life insurance, dependent care and flexible spending.
Pets are part of the family too! We offer comprehensive vet insurance to make sure your cats are cared for, your pups are prioritized, and your lizards looked-after.
The position initiates, plans and executes IT programs while monitoring and controlling the individual project work streams to ensure the timely delivery of quality solutions. This individual will provide leadership, vision and direc…
Provide vision and direction to key IT initiatives by integrating processes, systems, and information to fulfill business objectives. Initiate, plan and execute projects while monitoring and controlling the project lifecycle processe…
The Manager of Technology Business Management will assist the VP, Technology Business Management (TBM) in the leading of the TBM organization to achieve objectives and drive transformation and innovation in alignment with the Information Technol…
The Agile Coach is a member of the IT PMO team with the primary responsibility responsible for facilitating the adoption of Agile enterprise-wide and to foster teams and cultures practicing Agile, to sustaining Agile frameworks and continually o…
The Sr. Business Operations Analyst’s primary responsibility will be to ensure the information technology applications are available and flexible to meet the changing business environment. Maintaining operational stability, application per…
The Business Operations Analyst’s primary responsibility will be to ensure the information technology applications are available and flexible to meet the changing business environment. Maintaining operational stability, application perform…
Provide vision and direction to key IT initiatives by integrating processes, systems, and information to fulfill objectives impacting multiple business stakeholders. Initiate, plan and execute projects while monito…
The Director of Change Validation will be responsible for managing the people and process involved with ensuring software changes moving to production have been tested appropriately and present the highest level of assurance that their introduction i…
At Freedom Mortgage Corporation, we are working with leading technologies that include Mulesoft to manage our move toward Service Oriented Architecture (SOA). We are searching for an experienced, senior level Mulesoft Development Technical…