Under general supervision, formulates and defines system scope and objectives through research and fact-finding combined with an understanding of applicable business systems and industry requirements. With this knowledge, develops or modifies moderately complex information systems. Includes analysis of business and user needs, documenting requirements, and revising existing logic as necessary. Competent to work in some phases of systems analysis and considers the business implications of the application of technology to the current business environment.
Essential Job Functions:
- Supports assigned business unit, including requirements gathering for new development and integration projects with little or no direction.
- Engage in collaborative sessions with Product Owners and other stakeholders to elicit and document business requirements for developing new systems and programs
- Follow standard practices for gathering and documenting requirements
- Create and maintain strong relationships with Product Owners, development teams, and stakeholders
- Demonstrates detailed, in-depth and expert knowledge of the assigned business processes.
- Create written and graphic documentation and programming specifications which capture business and functional requirements so that the solution can be developed
- Interfaces with business units to define business and functional requirements.
- Defines requirements for testing and assesses the impact of implementing the proposed solution.
- Work closely with the Scrum team during development to ensure full understanding of product objectives
- Document new and enhanced functionality as it is developed
- Work with the team(s) on continuous story grooming.
- Verify that user stories are testable and generate testing objectives.
- Assist with demos, training, and rollout communications.
- Assist with incident triage, prioritization and realignment.
- Provide education, training, and reference materials to internal stakeholders so that new functionality is understood and used appropriately once implemented
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential function satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
Education and/or Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred and 6+ years of Business Analyst experience required, with a minimum of 3 years delivering software in an Agile environment.
- Understand other processes and methodologies and speak intelligently about them and leverage other techniques to provide value to a team/enterprise
- Understand basic fundamentals of software development processes and procedures
- Mortgage technology and mortgage software development experience desired.
- Extensive knowledge of business process and technology systems and applications required.
- Strong communication styles and techniques: ability to communicate across the product development team and with business stakeholders.
- Strong negotiation skills, ability to trace missing details.
- Understand backlog tracking, burndown metrics, velocity, and task definition
- Demonstrated experience writing user stories containing description and acceptance criteria.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office tools with particular skill with Excel, PowerPoint and VISIO.
- Experience working with JIRA a plus
Career development and advancement
Working at Freedom, you have the chance to invest in yourself. From on-the-job training to advancement opportunities, and from tuition assistance to our annual internal leadership conference, we’re focused on upskilling, achieving, and celebrating.Learn More
We run huge company-sponsored donation events and contests, as well as offer paid volunteer time so you can commit your support to the causes which you care about most.Learn More
Holidays and paid time off
We offer ample paid time off including multiple paid holidays — because your downtime and well-being are just as important to us as your time in work mode.Learn More
Our salaries are competitive — rewarding your experiences, contributions, and hard work. We also have a 401K plan which provides a matching contribution.Learn More
We offer several medical benefits plans and options to choose from including dental, vision, disability and life insurance, dependent care and flexible spending.Learn More
Pets are part of the family too! We offer comprehensive vet insurance to make sure your cats are cared for, your pups are prioritized, and your lizards looked-after.Learn More
The Information Risk Manager is responsible for driving the identification, assessment, measurement, monitoring and management of security risks. The Manager will focus primarily on the maintenance of an effective Information Security program an…
Summary The position initiates, plans and executes IT programs while monitoring and controlling the individual project work streams to ensure the timely delivery of quality solutions. This individual wi…
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: Utilize your collaborative skills to work with business partners, IT managers and teammates to ensure high reliability, availability, and performance of applications. …
Design, develop, deploy and support reports and dashboards within an enterprise reporting environment. Translate business requirements into sustainable and efficient visualizations and reporting. Extract data from enterprise relational databases…
Software Performance Engineer At Freedom Mortgage Corporation, we are working with leading technologies that include WebSphere Portal Server in a Service Oriented Architecture (SOA) to help transform our business. …
Design, develop, deploy and support reports and dashboards within an enterprise reporting environment Translate business requirements into sustainable and efficient visualizations and reporting Extract data …
Provide vision and direction to key IT initiatives by integrating processes, systems, and information to fulfill objectives impacting multiple business stakeholders. Initiate, plan and execute projects while monitoring a…
The Business Process Management (BPM) Developer is responsible for the development of BPM and Workflow related projects and initiatives. The BPM Developer is responsible for contributing to the development of methodologies and best prac…
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: Utilize your collaborative skills to work with business partners, IT managers/staff, to ensure high reliability, availability, and performance of applications. …