The Leave Program Specialist coordinates the support for all leave of absence cases and workers’ compensation claims. Effectively coordinates all cases/claims to include general administration, comprehensive case management and program compliance with the Family and Medical Leave Act and all related employment laws. Performs exemplary customer service and assistance to associates, executives and HR business partners.
- Serves as the subject matter expert for the leave and workers’ compensation programs in alignment and under the general direction and guidance of HR leadership and the legal department.
- Interprets and administers leave programs and policies in accordance with the applicable federal and state employment laws (FMLA, ADA, USERRA, Pregnancy Discrimination Act, etc.). Ensures that the workers’ compensation program is managed in accordance with applicable OSHA and workers’ compensation laws.
- Administers all aspects of leave and workers’ compensation programs. Provides extensive case management and coordinates administrative aspects of the cases and claims. Conducts/coordinates investigations into all reported workers’ compensation claims.
- Independently approves and/or denies leave cases based on relevant medical information. Coordinates and organizes all medical information and ensures that HIPAA and Employee Privacy guidelines are closely monitored and effectively executed. Ensures that all reportable workers’ compensation claims are submitted to the company’s vendor within 48 business hours from the date of the incident.
- Manages all administrative aspects of leave and workers’ compensation claims to include tracking hours used/taken and working closely with the HR Service Center and Payroll to ensure that pay for associates is accurate and correct.
- Works closely with associates to ensure that all relevant completed medical documentation is submitted for timely review. Maintains appropriate contact with all associates on leave and coordinates all aspects of return to work for associates on leave.
- Conducts Tier I investigations of alleged fraudulent activity of all leave cases and workers’ compensation claims. Works closely with the employee relations team to identify, research and resolve matters.
- Produces and manages reporting metrics and analytics for all leave cases and workers’ compensation claims. Presents reports as requested.
- Responds to all 911 calls made from the corporate location. Conducts investigations regarding incidents, interviews relevant parties and coordinates medical treatment/care as needed.
- Partners closely with all HR business partners on all leave cases and workers’ compensation claims. Meets regularly with HRBPs to review claims’ status and develops strategies for resolution.
- Manages STD/LTD programs and vendor relationships. Ensures that STD claims are coordinated with FMLA or general medical cases.
- Partners closely with HRBPs on all related cases/claims. Meets regularly to review the status of cases/claims and develops legally sound strategies for a mutually beneficial resolution.
- Assists in the creation and facilitation of leave administration and workers’ compensation training programs
- Performs all other duties as assigned or required.
- An associate’s degree in business administration, human resources or related field
- Bachelor's Degree Preferred
- Two-five years of experience in Human Resources
- Two-five years of experience in managing leave cases (FMLA, STD) and workers’ compensation claims
- Two-five years of experience in handling employee relations cases
- ability to analyze information and convert related activities into a comprehensive work plan
- ability to communicate and make recommendations to upper management
- ability to identify basic problems and procedural irregularities, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions
- ability to multi-task and drive multiple projects
- ability to work independently in a fast-paced environment with changing priorities
- demonstrated ability to deal with confidential information
- demonstrated problem solving, time management and priority setting skills
- will serve as a subject matter expert and mentor for more junior level staff.
Career development and advancement
Working at Freedom, you have the chance to invest in yourself. From on-the-job training to advancement opportunities, and from tuition assistance to our annual internal leadership conference, we’re focused on upskilling, achieving, and celebrating.Learn More
We run huge company-sponsored donation events and contests, as well as offer paid volunteer time so you can commit your support to the causes which you care about most.Learn More
Holidays and paid time off
We offer ample paid time off including multiple paid holidays — because your downtime and well-being are just as important to us as your time in work mode.Learn More
Our salaries are competitive — rewarding your experiences, contributions, and hard work. We also have a 401K plan which provides a matching contribution.Learn More
We offer several medical benefits plans and options to choose from including dental, vision, disability and life insurance, dependent care and flexible spending.Learn More
Pets are part of the family too! We offer comprehensive vet insurance to make sure your cats are cared for, your pups are prioritized, and your lizards looked-after.Learn More
THIS POSITION WILL BE 100% REMOTE Summary: Serves as the main point of contact for all incentive related employment agreements. Essential Job Functions: …
(This position will 100% Remote) The Human Resources Onboarding Specialist (HR Shared Services Admin) is responsible for serving as a primary Human Resources (HR) point-of-contact for incoming new employees. This posit…
**REMOTE OPPORTUNITY** Summary The Leave Intake Specialist is responsible for managing a shared inbox for all incoming inquiries and requests, specific to leave of absences, for the whole company. This position will re…
(This position can be 100% remote) Summary: The Level 1 Commission Analyst is a key contributor in monitoring nationwide payouts related to corporate and individual sales compensation. Administers, sup…
(This position will be primarily remote but may have to travel 5% when travel is safe to resume) The Sr. Employee Relations Specialist is responsible for coordinating and directing the Employee Relations prog…
The Freedom Mortgage Human Resources Project Manager is accountable for improving the overall maturity of Program & Project management across the organization. This role will lead alongside a team of Program/Project Managers and Project Admi…
(This position can be 100% remote) The Freedom Mortgage HR Change Manager is accountable for implementing Change Management strategies and activities to mobilize and engage stakeholders for prioritized projects across the organization…
Summary This role will serve as the primary HR leader for the assigned business unit and ensure alignment of business and HR strategies, service and delivery. …
Soar With Us Flying ahead of the flock for over 30 years, we at Freedom Mortgage have taken millions of Americans under our wing and helped them achieve their dreams of financial betterment and homeownership. This is o…