Foreclosure Specialist is responsible for working directly with governmental, special servicing, private label, and high profile investors while making decisions and providing resolutions regarding foreclosure issues in order to minimize risks and mitigate loss outside of their delegated authority. Provide management with status updates and prepare a variety of complex reports to ensure compliance with all agency, investor and insurer guidelines. Support internal staff with questions regarding foreclosure loans within their delegated authority. Responsible for ensuring the Foreclosure Process is completed accurately in adherence to mandatory state and investor timelines by acting as a liaison between Freedom Mortgage and outside counsel.
Essential Job Functions:
- Managing past due and approaching standard FCL cases including FNMA, GNMA (FHA,VA,USDA & Private Investors
- Follow up on all FCL actions daily/monthly to ensure investor guidelines and monthly status requirements are within compliance.
- Responsible for document execution of various financial foreclosure documents required during the foreclosure process per Federal Compliance standards.
- Ensure accounts are properly documented with actions taken, correspondence, and explanation of controllable vs non controllable delays.
- Knowledgeable in agency, investor or insurer timelines and documents requirements for judicial and non-judicial foreclosures.
- Reviews and provides HAMP certification nationwide notifications prior to foreclosure sale.
- Moving aged accounts to foreclosure sale, addressing low value properties timely, high balance reviews, lost liens to tax sale, prepare equity analysis with detail and accuracy, meeting timelines on each foreclosure file while closely monitoring attorneys and the overall quality performed on all daily job tasks.
- Ensure cases have a clear & marketable title throughout the FCL process.
- Examine FCL related expenses as they pertain to investor guidelines including contested/litigation
- Prepare bidding instructions for all sales incompliance with investor, insurer guidelines.
- Ensure the accurate & timely referral to Bankruptcy & Post sale areas.
- Endorse, certify and report all FCL sale results within 24hrs of sale.
- Coordinate with Property Preservation department to secure & maintain vacant properties.
- Working knowledge of mortgage banking, familiarity with RESPA, FDCPA &federal and state laws related to legal.
- Update databases to ensure information is accurate, complete, and accessible. Maintain records and files. Perform periodic analyses and review of data. Investigate questionable items.
- Develop a strong working relationship with network of Servicer Appointed and Designated Counsels.
- Provide mentoring to new staff members, assist in special projects as assigned.
Other Related Duties:
Performs other related duties as assigned.
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
Education and/or Experience:
Bachelor’s Degree from a Four (4) year College or University; or one (1) to two (2) years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. 3-5 years working knowledge of foreclosure laws and terminology.
Type of Skill and or Licensing/Certification/Registration:
- Microsoft Word
- LPS Desktop
Ability to read, and interpret documents such as policy and procedure manuals, safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, and percentages.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
Customer Service Relationships:
Requires moderate interpersonal and communication skills to ensure that customer requests or needs are met. Acknowledges and clarifies customer inquiries, requests, or complaints to ensure that needs are identified, documented and addressed.
Tasks are multiple and diverse with some interrelationship across processes. Work requires the direct application of a variety of procedures, policies and/or precedents.
Work is normally performed in a typical interior work environment which does not subject the employee to any hazardous or unpleasant elements. Position requires light physical activity. Up to 10 pounds.
This job description does not list all the duties of the job. You may be asked by your supervisors or managers to perform other duties. You will be evaluated in part based upon your performance of the tasks and functions listed in this job description. The employer has the right to revise this job description at any time. The job description is not a contract for employment, and either you or the employer may terminate employment at any time, for any reason.
Career development and advancement
Working at Freedom, you have the chance to invest in yourself. From on-the-job training to advancement opportunities, and from tuition assistance to our annual internal leadership conference, we’re focused on upskilling, achieving, and celebrating.Learn More
We run huge company-sponsored donation events and contests, as well as offer paid volunteer time so you can commit your support to the causes which you care about most.Learn More
Holidays and paid time off
We offer ample paid time off including multiple paid holidays — because your downtime and well-being are just as important to us as your time in work mode.Learn More
Our salaries are competitive — rewarding your experiences, contributions, and hard work. We also have a 401K plan which provides a matching contribution.Learn More
We offer several medical benefits plans and options to choose from including dental, vision, disability and life insurance, dependent care and flexible spending.Learn More
Pets are part of the family too! We offer comprehensive vet insurance to make sure your cats are cared for, your pups are prioritized, and your lizards looked-after.Learn More
Foreclosure Specialist III Soar With Us Flying ahead of the flock for over 30 years, we at Freedom Mortgage have taken millions of Americans under our wing and helped them achieve the…
Summary The Default Referral Analyst will be responsible for reviewing, analyzing and processing an assigned portfolio of accounts in active bankruptcy of those identified as possible foreclosure referrals. Unde…
Technical Writer Soar With Us Flying ahead of the flock for over 30 years, we at Freedom Mortgage have taken millions of Americans under our wing and helped them achieve their dreams …
Summary The Escalations Specialist is responsible for assisting Freedom’s customers to address disputes or concerns; resolve them in a timely manner, and to ensure the customer’s satisfaction. This will…
The Supervisor, Loss Mitigation - Business Process Analyst will be responsible, directly or through staff, for protecting the assets of the company in bankruptcies, repossessions and other legal proceedings. This position plans, directs, s…
Prepare mailing labels for overnight packages Upon receipt of executed documents, validate all signatures have been completed, dated, and notarized and are submitted to Management for final signatures and notarization …
Summary Responsible for creating, updating, and maintaining various types of user documentation, including how-to guides, references, manuals, cheat sheets, or instructions. Work closely with our Compliance Officer to …
Summary Responsible for the underwriting of loss mitigation options for workout types on loan types as assigned. Essential Job Functions: Review “co…
The primary role of the Default Business Control Specialist is to assist in the management of departmental and process related audits to determine risks, effectiveness of controls, compliance with requirements, and assess if performing wi…