Foreclosure Specialist III
Soar With Us
Flying ahead of the flock for over 30 years, we at Freedom Mortgage have taken millions of Americans under our wing and helped them achieve their dreams of financial betterment and homeownership. This is only possible through our vast knowledge base and broad capabilities, and it’s demonstrated by our winning trajectory.
If you are…
- A foreclosure pro. You know the ins and outs of the Foreclosure Process like the back of your hand.
- Detail-oriented. You’ll provide management with key status updates and prepare detailed reports to ensure compliance with all agency, investor, and insurer guidelines.
- A team player . You thrive in a team environment and have no problem supporting colleagues by answering questions about foreclosure loans.
- Precise. You have eagle-eyed accuracy, are confident with numbers and have to the ability to go through documents, and analyze the details to gain a complete picture of foreclosure circumstances.
- A data gatherer. You’re able to record data on your work (from FCL cases to foreclosure process documentation) via computer.
… then you belong in the Freedom family.
The Opportunity: Foreclosure Specialist III
We’re looking for an experienced Foreclosure Specialist III to join the Freedom family. Our ideal Foreclosure Specialist III will be responsible for ensuring the Foreclosure Process is completed accurately, in adherence to mandatory state and investor timelines. You’ll work directly with governmental, special servicing, private label, and high-profile investors while making decisions and providing resolutions regarding foreclosure issues to minimize risk and mitigate loss in an exciting and ever-changing environment.
What does the job look like?
As a Foreclosure Specialist III, your daily duties will include...
- Utilizing working knowledge of mortgage banking, familiarity with RESPA, FDCPA and federal and state laws related to legal.
- Applying your expertise of agency, investor, and/or insurer timelines and required documents for judicial and non-judicial foreclosures.
- Managing FCL cases. This means following up on and managing past due and approaching standard FCL cases and examining FCL related expenses as they pertain to investor guidelines.
- Tracking foreclosure process documentation. This means meeting timelines on each foreclosure file while closely monitoring attorneys and the overall quality performed on all daily tasks.
- Reviewing and providing HAMP certification nationwide notifications prior to foreclosure sale.
- Preparing bidding instructions for all sales in compliance with investor/insurer guidelines.
- Coordinating with colleagues to secure and maintain vacant properties.
Education & Certification Requirements
- Bachelor’s Degree from a 4-year College or University OR 1 to 2 years related experience and/or training
- 7+ years of working knowledge of foreclosure laws and terminology
Software Skill Requirements
- Microsoft Word
- LPS Desktop
If you invest your drive and commitment with us, you’ll realize an incredible return, in a diverse environment where all staff can grow and flourish. With excellent training and development opportunities available at all levels, a great benefits package, and a talented working family all around you, with Freedom, you’ll enjoy a rewarding, challenging, and exciting career where you can reach incredible new heights.
Soar With Us.
Career development and advancement
Working at Freedom, you have the chance to invest in yourself. From on-the-job training to advancement opportunities, and from tuition assistance to our annual internal leadership conference, we’re focused on upskilling, achieving, and celebrating.Learn More
We run huge company-sponsored donation events and contests, as well as offer paid volunteer time so you can commit your support to the causes which you care about most.Learn More
Holidays and paid time off
We offer ample paid time off including multiple paid holidays — because your downtime and well-being are just as important to us as your time in work mode.Learn More
Our salaries are competitive — rewarding your experiences, contributions, and hard work. We also have a 401K plan which provides a matching contribution.Learn More
We offer several medical benefits plans and options to choose from including dental, vision, disability and life insurance, dependent care and flexible spending.Learn More
Pets are part of the family too! We offer comprehensive vet insurance to make sure your cats are cared for, your pups are prioritized, and your lizards looked-after.Learn More
Summary Foreclosure Specialist is responsible for working directly with governmental, special servicing, private label, and high profile investors while making decisions and providing resolutions regarding foreclo…
Summary The Default Referral Analyst will be responsible for reviewing, analyzing and processing an assigned portfolio of accounts in active bankruptcy of those identified as possible foreclosure referrals. Unde…
Technical Writer Soar With Us Flying ahead of the flock for over 30 years, we at Freedom Mortgage have taken millions of Americans under our wing and helped them achieve their dreams …
Summary The Escalations Specialist is responsible for assisting Freedom’s customers to address disputes or concerns; resolve them in a timely manner, and to ensure the customer’s satisfaction. This will…
The Supervisor, Loss Mitigation - Business Process Analyst will be responsible, directly or through staff, for protecting the assets of the company in bankruptcies, repossessions and other legal proceedings. This position plans, directs, s…
Prepare mailing labels for overnight packages Upon receipt of executed documents, validate all signatures have been completed, dated, and notarized and are submitted to Management for final signatures and notarization …
Summary Responsible for creating, updating, and maintaining various types of user documentation, including how-to guides, references, manuals, cheat sheets, or instructions. Work closely with our Compliance Officer to …
Summary Responsible for the underwriting of loss mitigation options for workout types on loan types as assigned. Essential Job Functions: Review “co…
The primary role of the Default Business Control Specialist is to assist in the management of departmental and process related audits to determine risks, effectiveness of controls, compliance with requirements, and assess if performing wi…