The First Flyer Product Delivery Engineer Program is a 2-year rotational training program that will the colleague to experience hands on training among 4 different teams in the technology side of the business. Structured similar to a college course, colleagues in the program earn badges- similar to college credits- required for graduation that will be earned by completing projects, attending soft skills training sessions as well as attending Town Halls and other company networking events. A Mentor will be assigned to each trainee to support the First Flyer’s needs throughout his/her first 2 years at Freedom Mortgage.
Essential Job Functions May Include:
- Analyze the business and IT resources to take lead and create a project solution during each rotation
- Travel and shadow line of business under the context of learning the mortgage industry
- Working with a mentor to create a personal certification/training plan for learning Agile methodology
- Work with the Business Solutions Group to research business areas for inefficient and informal processes
- Develop strategic workflow designs for process improvement to enhance product deployment
- Develop Business Solutions with the Corporate Support Solutions team to enhance the business through product delivery
- Act as a liaison on the Service Desk between business analyst, application support and the business
- Perform quality assurance testing of system changes and enhancements
- Create Visual Reporting Structures on Freedom’s Enterprise Performance Management team
- Use systems such as Tableau, Business Object and Sharepoint.
- Focus on becoming a product owner by enhancing your skills and project management effectiveness.
Other Related Duties:
Performs other related duties and projects as assigned.
This position has no supervisory responsibilities. Lead roles on projects are encouraged.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including technical writing skills
- Basic understanding of systems
- Excellent creative problem-solving skills
- Must be detail oriented and a critical thinker
- Motivated, hardworking and self-starter
- Ability to handle multiple projects and meet deadlines
- Excellent problem resolution and consultative skills
- Ability to prioritize and be organized
- Ability to work independently, self-driven, highly motivated and results-oriented
- Must be within a commutable distance to their assigned Freedom Mortgage office
Education and/or Experience:
- Bachelor's degree (B.A or B.S) from four-year College or University required
- Degrees in IT, Computer Science, Information Science, MIS, Finance or similar preferred
Ability to read, and interpret documents such as policy and procedure manuals, safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, and percentages.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
Customer Service Relationships:
Requires moderate interpersonal and communication skills to ensure that customer requests or needs are met. Acknowledges and clarifies customer inquiries, requests, or complaints to ensure that needs are identified, documented and addressed.
Tasks are multiple and focus more on single processes. Work is sometimes standardized and sometimes varied.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Work is normally performed in a typical interior work environment which does not subject the employee to any hazardous elements.
- Position requires light physical activity
- May require that weight be lifted or force be exerted up to 10 pounds.
This job description does not list all the duties of the job. You may be asked by your supervisors or managers to perform other duties. You will be evaluated in part based upon your performance of the tasks and functions listed in this job description. The employer has the right to revise this job description at any time. The job description is not a contract for employment, and either you or the employer may terminate employment at any time, for any reason.
Americans with Disabilities Act:
Applicants as well as employees who are or become disabled must be able to perform the essential job functions either unaided or with reasonable accommodation. Applicants as well as employees are encouraged to meet with Human Resources as the organization shall determine reasonable accommodation on a case-by-case basis in accordance with applicable law.
Career development and advancement
Working at Freedom, you have the chance to invest in yourself. From on-the-job training to advancement opportunities, and from tuition assistance to our annual internal leadership conference, we’re focused on upskilling, achieving, and celebrating.Learn More
We run huge company-sponsored donation events and contests, as well as offer paid volunteer time so you can commit your support to the causes which you care about most.Learn More
Holidays and paid time off
We offer ample paid time off including multiple paid holidays — because your downtime and well-being are just as important to us as your time in work mode.Learn More
Our salaries are competitive — rewarding your experiences, contributions, and hard work. We also have a 401K plan which provides a matching contribution.Learn More
We offer several medical benefits plans and options to choose from including dental, vision, disability and life insurance, dependent care and flexible spending.Learn More
Pets are part of the family too! We offer comprehensive vet insurance to make sure your cats are cared for, your pups are prioritized, and your lizards looked-after.Learn More
At Freedom Mortgage Corporation , we are working with leading technologies to speed application development and transform our business in support of our continued growth. We are searching for an onsite Technical Lead to…
As part of the IT group, the Director of Software Engineering Transformation will work with Freedom Mortgage leadership and software engineering teams in the modernization, transformation and execution of engineering practices. The ind…
The Product Manager is responsible for the development and implementation of the Product strategy for our Human Resource technologies. Will work closely with business leadership to identify and recommend desired features and functionality that a…
At Freedom Mortgage Corporation , we are working with leading technologies to create a Microservice Platform to help speed application development and transform our business in support of our continued growth. We are searchi…
The Team Coordinator will support the Product organization with daily functions and tasks related to technology systems and initiatives. This role will ensure proper analysis, timely delivery, communication, and risk management of initiati…
The Sr Business Analyst formulates and defines project scope based on business objectives and technology capabilities through a combination of research, fact-finding, understanding of applicable business systems and industry standards. Provides …
Summary: The Product Manager is responsible for the development and implementation of the Product strategy. Will work closely with business leadership to identify and recommend desired features…
Summary: The Product Manager is responsible for the development and implementation of the Product strategy. Will work closely with business leadership to identify and recommend desired features and functionality that…
The First Flyer System Engnr IT Program is offering a 2-year rotational training program that will allow you to experience hands on training among 4 different teams in the technology side of the business. Structured similar to a college co…