Soar With Us
Flying ahead of the flock for over 30 years, we at Freedom Mortgage have taken millions of Americans under our wing and helped them achieve their dreams of financial betterment and homeownership. This is only possible through our vast knowledge base and broad capabilities, and it’s demonstrated by our winning trajectory.
The Opportunity: FHA Claims Supervisor
The FHA Claims Supervisor filing is responsible for the coordinating, monitoring and management of the Claims staff and third party claims vendor. This includes ensuring that the HUD Part B, SFLS, loss mitigation and CWCOT claims filing process is completed both accurately and timely and in accordance with FHA guidelines from the appropriate disposition action through final claim settlement. Additional responsibilities include claim auditing and curtailment/loss analysis and reporting to Default management.
What does the job look like?
As an FHA Claims Supervisor your daily duties will include.
- Responsible to ensure that all title packages are completed within insurer timeframe requirements.
- Corresponding with law firms around title delays that may impact FHA timelines.
- Ensure FHA Part B claims, SFLS, loss mitigation and non-conveyance claims (CWCOT-Claims Without Conveyance of Title) are filed accurately and timely in accordance with FHA timeframe requirements.
- Auditing of claims and analysis of curtailments/losses for inclusion in reporting to management
- Manage title package submission process and monitor for approval of all required extensions.
- Manage performance of third party claim filing vendor to ensure claims filed timely
- Manage loss mitigation partial claim administrative processes as part of claim oversight and management
- Facilitate weekly/bi-weekly meetings with staff and provide training, coaching and counseling to claims staff.
- Utilize exception and control reports to identify backlogs and ensure work is completed timely and accurately.
- Ensure daily/weekly follow-up on all outstanding claim proceeds as well as suspended claims.
- Keep up to date on all FHA servicing requirements and revisions.
- Keep manager/Director informed of all trends and problems including, but not limited to claim denials/curtailments, avoidable losses, title problems and compliance problems that will create an “out of compliance” condition or expose Freedom to any risk of exposure or liability.
- Complete and conduct performance reviews, monitor individual staff performance and work in conjunction with the Human Resources department to resolve performance issues.
- Ensure all monthly investor, insurer and other required reporting is completed timely and accurately.
- Communicates any trends and / or problems with recommended solutions to department management.
- Ability to handle advanced Excel and PowerPoint requirements for the Manager’s area of responsibility.
- Supervisory Responsibilities: Manages staff and carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
Education and Position Requirements
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential function satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Individuals are knowledgeable in their area of expertise. Identify and resolve problems in a timely fashion following established guidelines. Identify when to refer more complex problems to manager/AVP for resolution. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
- Bachelors Degree (B.A.) from a four-year College or University; or four to six years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Strong knowledge base around FHA servicing and expense reimbursement requirements through claims filed to HUD
- Familiar with all HUD claim types including conveyance claims, non-conveyance claims and loss mitigation claims
- Loanserv system and TEMPO default servicing system experience
- CMAX claims system experience
- Language Skills: Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
- Mathematical Skills: Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference, and fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
- Reasoning Ability: Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
Soar With Us.
Career development and advancement
Working at Freedom, you have the chance to invest in yourself. From on-the-job training to advancement opportunities, and from tuition assistance to our annual internal leadership conference, we’re focused on upskilling, achieving, and celebrating.Learn More
We run huge company-sponsored donation events and contests, as well as offer paid volunteer time so you can commit your support to the causes which you care about most.Learn More
Holidays and paid time off
We offer ample paid time off including multiple paid holidays — because your downtime and well-being are just as important to us as your time in work mode.Learn More
Our salaries are competitive — rewarding your experiences, contributions, and hard work. We also have a 401K plan which provides a matching contribution.Learn More
We offer several medical benefits plans and options to choose from including dental, vision, disability and life insurance, dependent care and flexible spending.Learn More
Pets are part of the family too! We offer comprehensive vet insurance to make sure your cats are cared for, your pups are prioritized, and your lizards looked-after.Learn More
The FHA Eviction Processing Specialist is responsible for monitoring an assigned portfolio of loans to ensure that all FHA evictions are filed and completed when necessary. In addition, the filing of Eviction extensions to HUD, Cash for Keys pa…
Summary: The Learning Specialist will serve as a contributing team member of the Servicing Development team under the Customer Experience Department. The department is responsible for fostering a culture which thr…
Summary The Loss Mitigation Supervisor will be responsible, directly or through staff, for protecting the assets of the company in bankruptcies, repossessions and other legal proceedings. This position plans,…
The Director, Loss Recovery will be responsible for the day-to-day activities related to defaulted loan loss analysis and recovery of bill-backs through claims to vendors, prior servicer and originators. The Director will be responsible for ens…
Summary The Servicing Development Instructional Designer creates courses (ILT, E-Learning), assessments, and training job aids for Mortgage Servicing team members. Creates training deliverables by applying instructional des…
Summary The CBR Supervisor is responsible for the oversight and management of the credit bureau reporting disputes team. The CBR Supervisor is also responsible for assigning and managing exception/control reporting…
Foreclosure Specialist is responsible for working directly with governmental, special servicing, private label, and high profile investors while making decisions and providing resolutions regarding foreclosure issues in order to minimize risks a…
**OPEN TO REMOTE CANDIDATES** The Sr. Analyst will provide leadership and guidance in support of vendor relationship management activities for the Default Services department and will be required to develop and mainta…
The CBR Business Analyst is responsible for review of loans for quality control, developing and working credit bureau exception/control reports. Daily validation of the data and management of tasks resulting from exceptions found in the reportin…