The FHA Claim Processing Specialist is responsible for the filing of all FHA Part B claims and all non-conveyance claims including CWCOT (Claims without Conveyance of Title), SFLS (Single Family Loan Sale) claims and all Loss Mitigation claims including PFS (Pre-Foreclosure Sale) Claims, Partial Claims, SFB (Special Forbearance) incentive claims, Loan Modification incentive claims and HAMP claims. Additional responsibilities include, but may not be limited to, follow up on all claim payments, title package submission to HUD and monitoring for approval or extension as needed within investor/insurer timeframes. It is essential these functions are handled as timely as possible within established requirements to minimize all associated losses.
As an FHA Claim Processing Specialist, your daily duties will include.
- Monitor attorney firms to ensure that all title packages are submitted timely or ensure extension to HUD is requested as needed within investor/insurer timeframes.
- File all Part B expense claims within insurer/investor timeframes
- File all non -conveyance claims including CWCOT, SFLS and loss mitigation claims within investor/insurer timeframes.
- Audit of claims filed to report on curtailments or losses to Default management
- Process partial claim documentation required be sent for recording and track progress
- Follow-up daily/weekly on all outstanding claim proceeds
- Work to resolve all exceptions on suspended claim funds
- Monitor daily reports and queues
- Act as a point of contact/liaison on all escalated issues ensuring that policies and procedures related to post sale processes are followed, including compliance with federal laws and regulations
- Ensure Supervisor is kept informed of all trends and issues including, but not limited to FHA claim curtailments, loss mitigation denials.
- Plan and schedule work so that it can be performed effectively and efficiently to reduce costs where possible by improving methods and processes
- Complies timely and accurately with instructions provided by Supervisor. If unable to meet a deadline, the deadline must be renegotiated prior to the initial deadline date.
- 2+ years of experience with FHA claims, default guidelines and requirements
- Attention to detail with a high level of accuracy.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Demonstrates professional behavior and teamwork, is dependable and adheres to Company policies and procedures.
- Strong decision making skills.
- Ability to meet deadlines in a fast paced environment.
- Excellent organizational skills
- Strong team player.
- Ability to manage time well and prioritize tasks.
- Microsoft office experience and advanced Excel knowledge.
- Strong work and business ethics.
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret documents such as legal documents, policies and procedures and financial reports.
- Problem solve and seek new solutions to issues and/or work arounds.
- Ability to effectively write reports and correspondence.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions.
Career development and advancement
Working at Freedom, you have the chance to invest in yourself. From on-the-job training to advancement opportunities, and from tuition assistance to our annual internal leadership conference, we’re focused on upskilling, achieving, and celebrating.Learn More
We run huge company-sponsored donation events and contests, as well as offer paid volunteer time so you can commit your support to the causes which you care about most.Learn More
Holidays and paid time off
We offer ample paid time off including multiple paid holidays — because your downtime and well-being are just as important to us as your time in work mode.Learn More
Our salaries are competitive — rewarding your experiences, contributions, and hard work. We also have a 401K plan which provides a matching contribution.Learn More
We offer several medical benefits plans and options to choose from including dental, vision, disability and life insurance, dependent care and flexible spending.Learn More
Pets are part of the family too! We offer comprehensive vet insurance to make sure your cats are cared for, your pups are prioritized, and your lizards looked-after.Learn More
Summary The Change Management Analyst is responsible for reviewing, researching, and deciphering regulatory and compliance material to translate for Servicing Management. The Change Management Analyst identifies new regulations and using di…
Summary: The Loss Analysis Analyst is responsible for the QC, audit and oversight of claims filed. It is the Analyst’s duty to ensure that all claims comply with investor and insurer requirements and assist…
The Supervisor over VA Conveyance and VA/USDA Claim filing is responsible for the coordinating, monitoring and management of the VA Conveyance and VA/USDA Claims staff which includes Post Sale Specialists and/or Claim and Servicing Specialists. …
The primary role of the Claims Audit/Quality Control Manager is to oversee the Team conducting independent audit reviews of all non-FHA claims prior to submission to an Investor or Insurer for accuracy. The Manager will also provide feedback on …
THIS IS A REMOTE JOB OPPORTUNITY. Responsible for preparing and reconciling monthly investor reports and remittances, processing cash movements and related general ledger entries, and responding to intern…
The FHA Claim Support Specialist is responsible to review all new loans that require a claim submission to HUD. This includes all FHA claim types; Liquidation conveyance claims Part A and B, as well as CWCOT (Claims without Conveyance of Title),…
Summary: THIS IS A REMOTE JOB OPPORTUNITY. The Supervisor Default Servicing Operations Support-Invoice Management will be responsible for the monitoring and management of the default invoice processing s…
The primary role of the Default Business Control Specialist is to assist in the management of departmental and process related audits to determine risks, effectiveness of controls, compliance with requirements, and assess if performing wi…
The Bankruptcy Analyst III is responsible for ensuring the bankruptcy process is monitored and associated tasks are completed accurately and timely from the time of filing through to release in the servicing platform. The successful candid…