The FHA Claim Processing Specialist is responsible for the filing of all FHA Part B claims and all non-conveyance claims including CWCOT (Claims without Conveyance of Title), SFLS (Single Family Loan Sale) claims and all Loss Mitigation claims including PFS (Pre-Foreclosure Sale) Claims, Partial Claims, SFB (Special Forbearance) incentive claims, Loan Modification incentive claims and HAMP claims. Additional responsibilities include, but may not be limited to, claim auditing and analysis of curtailments/losses, processing of partial claim documentation, follow up on all claim payments, title package submission to HUD and monitoring for approval or extension as needed within investor/insurer timeframes. It is essential these functions are handled as timely as possible within established requirements to minimize all associated losses.
As an FHA Claim Processing Specialist, your daily duties will include:
- Monitor attorney firms to ensure that all title packages are submitted timely or ensure extension to HUD is requested as needed within investor/insurer timeframes.
- File all Part B expense claims within insurer/investor timeframes
- File all non -conveyance claims including CWCOT, SFLS and loss mitigation claims within investor/insurer timeframes.
- Audit of claims filed to report on curtailments or losses to Default management
- Process partial claim documentation required be sent for recording and track progress
- Follow-up daily/weekly on all outstanding claim proceeds
- Work to resolve all exceptions on suspended claim funds
- Monitor daily reports and queues
- Act as a point of contact/liaison on all escalated issues ensuring that policies and procedures related to post sale processes are followed, including compliance with federal laws and regulations
- Ensure Supervisor is kept informed of all trends and issues including, but not limited to FHA claim curtailments, loss mitigation denials.
- Plan and schedule work so that it can be performed effectively and efficiently to reduce costs where possible by improving methods and processes
- Complies timely and accurately with instructions provided by Supervisor. If unable to meet a deadline, the deadline must be renegotiated prior to the initial deadline date.
Education and Position Requirements
- Knowledge and experience with FHA claims, default guidelines and requirements
- Attention to detail with a high level of accuracy.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Demonstrates professional behavior and teamwork, is dependable and adheres to Company policies and procedures.
- Strong decision making skills.
- Ability to meet deadlines.
- Excellent organizational skills
- Strong team player.
- Ability to manage time well and prioritize tasks.
- Microsoft office experience and advanced Excel knowledge.
- Strong work and business ethics.
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret documents such as legal documents, policies and procedures and financial reports.
Career development and advancement
Working at Freedom, you have the chance to invest in yourself. From on-the-job training to advancement opportunities, and from tuition assistance to our annual internal leadership conference, we’re focused on upskilling, achieving, and celebrating.Learn More
We run huge company-sponsored donation events and contests, as well as offer paid volunteer time so you can commit your support to the causes which you care about most.Learn More
Holidays and paid time off
We offer ample paid time off including multiple paid holidays — because your downtime and well-being are just as important to us as your time in work mode.Learn More
Our salaries are competitive — rewarding your experiences, contributions, and hard work. We also have a 401K plan which provides a matching contribution.Learn More
We offer several medical benefits plans and options to choose from including dental, vision, disability and life insurance, dependent care and flexible spending.Learn More
Pets are part of the family too! We offer comprehensive vet insurance to make sure your cats are cared for, your pups are prioritized, and your lizards looked-after.Learn More
Soar With Us Flying ahead of the flock for over 30 years, we at Freedom Mortgage have taken millions of Americans under our wing and helped them achieve their dreams of financial betterment and homeownership. This is o…
Summary: The Property Preservation Specialist will be responsible for reviewing reports produced by our preservation vendor and identifying any and all issues which will prevent deteriora…
**THIS POSITION CAN SIT REMOTELY** Contested Default/BK Case Specialist III is responsible for Bankruptcy related litigation, foreclosure non-jury trial case handling across all portfolios and investors and Non-Ro…
Summary Foreclosure Bidding Specialist is responsible for working directly with governmental, special servicing, private label, and high profile investors while making decisions and providing resolutions regardin…
Provide training to new hires and serve as the initial resource for questions from new or existing staff on designated activities/functions. Assist with identification or refresher training topics based on observation or resul…
The Supervisor over Conventional Claim filing is responsible for the coordinating, monitoring and management of the FNMA, FHLMC, and PMI Claims staff which includes Specialists and/or Claim and Servicing Specialists. This includes ensuring that…
Summary The Mediation Specialist will have the primary responsibility of making an appearance for in-person or by phone mediations with various courts, judges and attorneys. Through conference calls or in writing; dete…
The Manager of Default Business Controls will report to the Director Default Business Controls and work closely with the internal operational departments as well as external vendors. The primary responsibility is ensuring state and federa…
**THIS POSITION CAN SIT REMOTELY*** Position Summary: This position is responsible for management of Default Servicing Transfer Analysts who review and reconcile the data received from various mortgage ban…
Summary The Sr Reporting Analyst - Escrow Administration will perform assigned functions within Escrow Administration timely and accurately while remaining compliant with all state, federal and investor guidelines.…