The FHA Claim Processing Specialist is responsible for the filing of all FHA Part B claims and all non-conveyance claims including CWCOT (Claims without Conveyance of Title), SFLS (Single Family Loan Sale) claims and all Loss Mitigation claims including PFS (Pre-Foreclosure Sale) Claims, Partial Claims, SFB (Special Forbearance) incentive claims, Loan Modification incentive claims and HAMP claims. In addition, processing of partial claim documentation, follow up on all claim payments, title package submission to HUD and monitoring for approval or extension as needed within investor/insurer timeframes. It is essential these functions are handled as timely as possible within established requirements to minimize all associated losses.
Essential Job Functions:
- Monitor attorney firms to ensure that all title packages are submitted timely or ensure extension to HUD is requested as needed within investor/insurer timeframes.
- File all Part B expense claims within insurer/investor timeframes
- File all non -conveyance claims including CWCOT, SFLS and loss mitigation claims within investor/insurer timeframes.
- Process partial claim documentation required be sent for recording and track progress
- Follow-up daily/weekly on all outstanding claim proceeds
- Work to resolve all exceptions on suspended claim funds
- Monitor daily reports and queues
- Act as a point of contact/liaison on all escalated issues ensuring that policies and procedures related to post sale processes are followed, including compliance with federal laws and regulations
- Ensure Supervisor is kept informed of all trends and issues including, but not limited to FHA claim curtailments, loss mitigation denials.
- Plan and schedule work so that it can be performed effectively and efficiently to reduce costs where possible by improving methods and processes
- Complies timely and accurately with instructions provided by Supervisor. If unable to meet a deadline, the deadline must be renegotiated prior to the initial deadline date.
Other Related Duties:
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential function satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
- Basic knowledge and experience with FHA, default guidelines and requirements
- Attention to detail with a high level of accuracy.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Demonstrates professional behavior and teamwork, is dependable and adheres to Company policies and procedures.
- Strong decision making skills.
- Ability to meet deadlines in a fast paced environment.
- Excellent organizational skills
- Strong team player.
- Ability to manage time well and prioritize tasks.
- Microsoft office experience and advanced Excel knowledge.
- Strong work and business ethics.
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret documents such as legal documents, policies and procedures and financial reports.
- Problem solve and seek new solutions to issues and/or work arounds.
- Ability to effectively write reports and correspondence.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions.
- Proficient in computer skills and knowledge of word processing, spreadsheets, accounting general ledgers, accounts receivable, accounts payable and e-mail internet software.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Must be able to handle high volumes in a fast paced environment.
- Ability to meet critical departmental and federal timelines with accuracy and efficiency.
- Ability to build relationships with both internal and external clients/vendors
Education and/or Experience:
Bachelors Degree (B.A.) from a four-year College or University; or four to six years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Career development and advancement
Working at Freedom, you have the chance to invest in yourself. From on-the-job training to advancement opportunities, and from tuition assistance to our annual internal leadership conference.
We run huge company-sponsored donation events and contests, as well as offer paid volunteer time so you can commit your support to the causes which you care about most.
Holidays and paid time off
We offer ample paid time off including multiple holidays - because our team is our family, and your downtime and wellbeing are just as important to us as your time in work-mode.
Our salaries are competitive - rewarding your experience, hard work, and commitment. We also have a 401K plan which provides a matching contribution.
We offer several medical plans and options to choose from including dental, vision, disability and life insurance, dependent care and flexible spending.
Pets are part of the family too! We offer comprehensive vet insurance to make sure your cats are cared for, your pups are prioritized, and your lizards looked-after.
Summary: The Director of Loss Mitigations Specialist is responsible for the oversight and management of SPOC agents including but not limited to oversight of call center performance metrics tied to individual and d…
WILLING TO CONSIDER REMOTE CANDIDATES!!! The Customer Outreach Specialist will serve as the designated representative for Freedom’s customers that are in a loan default or potential loan default situation to find resolution to pres…
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned. Perform assigned functions within Escrow Administration timely and accurately while remaining compliant wi…
Summary Perform assigned functions within Escrow Administration timely and accurately while remaining compliant with all state, federal and investor guidelines. Es…
Summary Perform assigned functions within Escrow Administration timely and accurately while remaining compliant with all state, federal and investor guidelines. Essential Job Functi…
Foreclosure Specialist is responsible for working directly with governmental, special servicing, private label, and high profile investors while making decisions and providing resolutions regarding foreclosure issues in order to minimize risks a…
Summary: The SPOC Supervisor – Borrower Outreach is responsible for the oversight and compliance of the Single Point of Contact team in the Loss Mitigation group. The Supervisor must be knowledgeable in…
The Escalations Specialist is responsible for assisting Freedom’s customers to address disputes or concerns; resolve them in a timely manner, and to ensure the customer’s satisfaction. This will include helping in a call center capac…
Summary The Escalations Specialist is responsible for assisting Freedom’s customers to address disputes or concerns; resolve them in a timely manner, and to ensure the customer’s satisfaction. This will…