The ETL Developer is responsible for the Technical Analysis, Design, Development, Testing and Implementation of ETL processes for a growing data warehouse.
Essential Job Functions
- Designs, develops, builds and implements extracts transforms and loads (i.e. the facilitation of data movement across platforms) utilizing IBM DataStage ETL Tool.
- Supports the production ETL jobs by monitoring and resolving any issues.
- Develops UNIX scripts and Oracle packages.
- Utilizes your collaborative skills to work with database administrators, system managers and business partners in order to ensure high reliability, availability and performance of applications.
- Designs and develops highly complex ETL processing the support of data warehouses and/ or operational data stores.
- Determines the appropriate design for ETL applications based on information gathered including data sources, data targets, data definitions, data relationships, and business rules.
- Works closely with project management, analysts, data modelers and the existing ETL developers to understand project requirements and contribute to the project solution.
- Provides technical expertise on ETL design, Data modeling, Data Warehousing, and Data integration Partner with Business Intelligence and Business operational teams to understand data sources and implement new requirements.
- Analyzes and summarize data to facilitate Business Intelligent decisions.
Requirements / Qualifications:
- Bachelor's Degree; computer science, software engineering, information systems or a related technical discipline preferred
- 5+ years of technical experience using Datastage (preferably working with version 11.x for at least 1-2 years).
- Preferance for an overall technical background in Data Managemet, Data Integration and/or Data Warehousing
- Strong experience with Oracle and IBM DB2 enterprise databases.
- Experience with performance tuning of Datastage jobs working in conjunction with a DBA
- Strong production support experience
- Experience working in a large data warehousing initiative
- Experience working on applications running in UNIX environments
- Experience with XML, IBM MQ, Real Time and Near Real Time integrations with IBM DataStage
- Advanced proficiency with SQL and related-RDBMS query tools
- Ability yo clearly communicate solutions to both technical and non-technical teams
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office productivity tools
- Experience gathering and translating functional requirements
- Ability to manage working across concurrent projects at different stages of completion
- Perform tasks with a high degree of accuracy and attention to detail
- Demonstrate excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to be flexible and deal with changing priorities and timelines/due dates
Career development and advancement
Working at Freedom, you have the chance to invest in yourself. From on-the-job training to advancement opportunities, and from tuition assistance to our annual internal leadership conference, we’re focused on upskilling, achieving, and celebrating.Learn More
We run huge company-sponsored donation events and contests, as well as offer paid volunteer time so you can commit your support to the causes which you care about most.Learn More
Holidays and paid time off
We offer ample paid time off including multiple paid holidays — because your downtime and well-being are just as important to us as your time in work mode.Learn More
Our salaries are competitive — rewarding your experiences, contributions, and hard work. We also have a 401K plan which provides a matching contribution.Learn More
We offer several medical benefits plans and options to choose from including dental, vision, disability and life insurance, dependent care and flexible spending.Learn More
Pets are part of the family too! We offer comprehensive vet insurance to make sure your cats are cared for, your pups are prioritized, and your lizards looked-after.Learn More
Freedom Mortgage is seeking an enthusiastic and data driven IT professional to join the Information Management (IM) team. The primary job responsibility will be to work closely with Product Managers, Business Analysts, Engineers, Developers and …
Description At Freedom Mortgage Corporation, we are working with leading technologies that include Mulesoft to manage our move toward Service Oriented Architecture (SOA). We are searching for experienced, senior level Mulesoft Develo…
Freedom Mortgage Corporation is one of America’s largest privately held mortgage companies whose mission is to help enable our customers to realize the American dream of home ownership. At Freedom Mortgage, while…
Summary The position initiates, plans and executes IT programs while monitoring and controlling the individual project work streams to ensure the timely delivery of quality solutions. This individual wi…
Freedom Mortgage Corporation is one of America’s largest privately held mortgage companies whose mission is to help enable our customers to realize the American dream of home ownership. At Freedom Mortgage Corporation, we are working…
Freedom Mortgage Corporation is one of America’s largest privately held mortgage companies whose mission is to help enable our customers to realize the American dream of home ownership. At Freedom Mortgage, while we relentlessly …
Develop and implement new software solutions, primarily integrations between cloud SaaS platforms (e.g. Workday ERP) and other cloud or internal systems. Design, Build, Test, and Deploy Workday Integration solutions using Enterp…
Utilize your collaborative skills to work with business partners, IT managers/staff, to ensure high reliability, availability, and performance of applications. Build resilient application that can scale appropriately based on business needs. Par…
Description/Summary : The Senior Business Intelligence (BI) Developer is a member of Information Management team, working collaboratively with end users to develop reports using enterprise BI systems and provide acc…