Essential Job Functions:
- Provide training to new hires and serve as the initial resource for questions from new or existing staff on designated activities/functions.
- Assist with identification or refresher training topics based on observation or results and assist with training on the same.
- Interact with outsourcing vendors for information and account updates relative to real estate tax processing, insurance tracking and hazard loss claims.
- Set-up payee headers; reconcile disbursements and escrow refunds.
- Assist with vendor issues, such as pulling legal description, loading flood determinations, etc.
- Assist in responding to audits, procuring documents, with department mailings and other clerical duties.
- Handle/process checks and wires, stop payments, return checks and refunds.
- Department lead for completion of monthly escrow analysis trial reviews.
- Coordinate escrow analysis out of compliance reviews.
- Perform quality control testing of escrow analysis and PMI billing report.
- Correct and analyze PMI DI exceptions.
- Administer the PMI/MIP removal process to ensure that coverage is removed in accordance with applicable investor and regulatory requirements.
- Research items related to tax penalties, tax and insurance matters, loss draft claims and/or escalated client issues.
- Perform various functions on mortgage servicing system, including but not limited to, review/clear assigned tasks within required timeframes; documents required notations; monitor vendor tasks and responses.
- Monitor/respond to email inquiries.
- Coordinate department audit requests.
- Advise supervisor/manager of status of work, unresolved escalated items and/ or potential risk/exposure issues.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential function satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job. Ability to communicate effectively and professionally (both oral and written) with peers. Ability to handle difficult scenarios when they arise and diffuse situations accurately with positive outcome. Must be dependable and responsible to work in a remote location if applicable, proficient at process flow and time management.
- Minimum 2 years mortgage servicing experience preferably in Real Estate taxes, homeowners insurance, flood, Mortgage Insurance and/or loss draft claims areas
- High School diploma or equivalent required
- Proficient in Microsoft office
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Good organizational and follow-up skills
Career development and advancement
Working at Freedom, you have the chance to invest in yourself. From on-the-job training to advancement opportunities, and from tuition assistance to our annual internal leadership conference, we’re focused on upskilling, achieving, and celebrating.Learn More
We run huge company-sponsored donation events and contests, as well as offer paid volunteer time so you can commit your support to the causes which you care about most.Learn More
Holidays and paid time off
We offer ample paid time off including multiple paid holidays — because your downtime and well-being are just as important to us as your time in work mode.Learn More
Our salaries are competitive — rewarding your experiences, contributions, and hard work. We also have a 401K plan which provides a matching contribution.Learn More
We offer several medical benefits plans and options to choose from including dental, vision, disability and life insurance, dependent care and flexible spending.Learn More
Pets are part of the family too! We offer comprehensive vet insurance to make sure your cats are cared for, your pups are prioritized, and your lizards looked-after.Learn More
**POSITION CAN SIT REMOTELY** Summary This position will perform assigned functions within the Servicing Governance and Control team in a timely and accurate manner. The primary role, of the …
Summary : Perform various functions on mortgage servicing system, including but not limited to, review/clear assigned tasks within required timeframes; document required notatio…
Summary The Default Business Process Analyst is responsible for reviewing, researching, and deciphering regulatory and compliance material to translate for Default Management. They work closely with change m…
Summary The Payment Processor is responsible for accurately and timely processing of customer mortgage payments to the servicing system daily. This position will work collaboratively with business units to ensure c…
Summary This position is responsible for a variety of quality control functions to ensure we are in compliance with regulatory and investor underwriting and servicing requirements and guidelines. Incumbent will perform monitoring, test…
Soar with Us Flying ahead of the flock for over 30 years, we at Freedom Mortgage have taken millions of Americans under our wing and helped them achieve their dreams of financial betterment and homeownership. This is o…
Position Summary: Responsible for the management and performance of key vendors and the interaction with key internal partners. Responsible for the coordination of information requests and responses required …
Provide training to new hires and serve as the initial resource for questions from new or existing staff on designated activities/functions. Assist with identification or refresher training topics based on observation or resul…
Essential Job Functions: Provide training to new hires and serve as the initial resource for questions from new or existing staff on designated activities/functions. Assist with identification o…