Perform assigned functions within Escrow Administration timely and accurately while remaining compliant with all state, federal and investor guidelines.
Essential Job Functions:
- Interact with outsourcing vendors for information and account updates relative to real estate tax processing, insurance tracking and hazard loss claims.
- Set-up payee headers; reconcile disbursements and escrow refunds.
- Assist with vendor issues, such as pulling legal descriptions, loading flood determinations, etc.
- Assist in responding to audits, procuring documents, with department mailings and other clerical duties.
- Handle/process checks and wires, stop payments, return checks and refunds.
- Department lead for completion of monthly escrow analysis trial reviews.
- Coordinate escrow analysis out of compliance reviews.
- Perform quality control testing of escrow analysis and PMI billing report.
- Correct and analyze PMI DI exceptions.
- Administer the PMI/MIP removal process to ensure that coverage is removed in accordance with applicable investor and regulatory requirements.
- Research items related to tax penalties, tax and insurance matters, loss draft claims and/or escalated client issues.
- Perform various functions on mortgage servicing system, including but not limited to, review/clear assigned tasks within required timeframes; document required notations; monitor vendor tasks and responses.
- Monitor/respond to email inquiries.
- Coordinate department audit requests.
- Advise supervisor/manager of status of work, unresolved escalated items and/or potential risk/exposure issues.
Other Related Duties:
- Minimum 2 years mortgage servicing experience preferably in Real estate taxes, homeowners insurance, flood, Mortgage
- Insurance and/or loss draft claims areas
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Good organizational and follow-up skills
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential function satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
Education and/or Experience:
Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from four-year college or university; or one to two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Ability to read, analyzes, and interprets general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to writer reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry
Ability to solve practical, problems and deal with a variety of concrete variable in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
Physical Demands :
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. Work is normally performed in a typical office environment which does not subject the employee to any hazardous elements.
This job description does not list all the duties of the job. You may be asked by your supervisors or managers to perform other duties. You will be evaluated in part based upon your performance of the tasks and functions listed in this job description. The employer has the right to revise this job description at any time. The job description is not a contract for employment, and either you or the employer may terminate employment at any time, for any reason.
Career development and advancement
Working at Freedom, you have the chance to invest in yourself. From on-the-job training to advancement opportunities, and from tuition assistance to our annual internal leadership conference.
We run huge company-sponsored donation events and contests, as well as offering paid volunteer time so you can commit your support to the causes which you care about most.
Holidays and paid time off
We offer ample paid time off including multiple holidays - because our team is our family, and your downtime and wellbeing are just as important to us as your time in work-mode.
Our salaries are competitive - rewarding your experience, hard work, and commitment. We also have a 401K plan which provides a matching contribution.
We offer several medical plans and options to choose from including dental, vision, disability and life insurance, dependent care and flexible spending.
Pets are part of the family too! We offer comprehensive vet insurance to make sure your cats are cared for, your pups are prioritized, and your lizards looked-after.
Summary: The Payment Processor is responsible for accurately and timely processing of customer mortgage payments to the servicing system daily. This position will work collaboratively with business units to ensure comp…
Summary: Responsible for the underwriting of loss mitigation options for all workout types on all loan types. Essential Job Functions: Review &ldq…
Summary: As a member of the Servicing Governance & Controls team, the Business Process Specialist will focus on managing process documentation throughout the servicing department. …
Summary Responsible for the underwriting of loss mitigation options for all workout types on all loan types. Will need to maintain and acquire any licensing requirements. Essen…
The Director Learning and Development is responsible for directing activities related to the design, development, and deployment of all needed training to support the Information Technology department, including: mortgage industry training, prof…
POSITION SUMMARY Client Lead Wholesale Lending is responsible for but are not limited to providing L&D support to the Wholesale Lending channel. This position partners with the business resources and will assist …
(Work Location: Remote) As a member of our Wholesale DE Underwriting team you will be responsible for underwriting residential loans for our Wholesale department ensuring compliance with appropriate compan…
The Customer Advocate is responsible for processing loan applications in compliance with mortgage lending and applicable investor guidelines. Performs duties such as analyzing the loan application, assessing creditworthiness and the likelihood that a…
The Mortgage Servicing Quality Control Director - Performing Loans is responsible for developing, planning, overseeing, and conducting quality control reviews of the various servicing areas in accordance with regulatory and agency standards. Thi…