ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
Perform assigned functions within Escrow Administration timely and accurately while remaining compliant with all state, federal and investor guidelines. Assist the supervisor with planning/organizing to ensure timely and accurate execution of escrow administration activities; provide training to new staff members; assist with refresher training for the existing staff on new processes, changes, and designated/requested topics; serve as the day to day contact person for questions and guide the work flow for assigned functions.
Essential Job Functions:
- Provide training to new hires and serve as the initial resource for questions from new or existing staff on designated activities/functions.
- Assist with identification or refresher training topics based on observation or results and assist with training on the same.
- Interact with outsourcing vendors for information and account updates relative to real estate tax processing, insurance tracking and hazard loss claims.
- Set-up payee headers; reconcile disbursements and escrow refunds.
- Assist with vendor issues, such as pulling legal description, loading flood determinations, etc.
- Assist in responding to audits, procuring documents, with department mailings and other clerical duties.
- Handle/process checks and wires, stop payments, return checks and refunds.
- Department lead for completion of monthly escrow analysis trial reviews.
- Coordinate escrow analysis out of compliance reviews.
- Perform quality control testing of escrow analysis and PMI billing report.
- Correct and analyze PMI DI exceptions.
- Administer the PMI/MIP removal process to ensure that coverage is removed in accordance with applicable investor and regulatory requirements.
- Research items related to tax penalties, tax and insurance matters, loss draft claims and/or escalated client issues.
- Perform various functions on mortgage servicing system, including but not limited to, review/clear assigned tasks within required timeframes; documents required notations; monitor vendor tasks and responses.
- Monitor/respond to email inquiries.
- Coordinate department audit requests.
- Advise supervisor/manager of status of work, unresolved escalated items and/ or potential risk/exposure issues.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential function satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job. Ability to communicate effectively and professionally (both oral and written) with peers. Ability to handle difficult scenarios when they arise and diffuse situations accurately with positive outcome. Must be dependable and responsible to work in a remote location if applicable, proficient at process flow and time management.
- Minimum 2 years mortgage servicing experience preferably in Real Estate taxes, homeowners insurance, flood, Mortgage Insurance and/or loss draft claims areas
- High School diploma or equivalent required
- Proficient in Microsoft office
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Good organizational and follow-up skills
Career development and advancement
Working at Freedom, you have the chance to invest in yourself. From on-the-job training to advancement opportunities, and from tuition assistance to our annual internal leadership conference.
We run huge company-sponsored donation events and contests, as well as offer paid volunteer time so you can commit your support to the causes which you care about most.
Holidays and paid time off
We offer ample paid time off including multiple holidays - because our team is our family, and your downtime and wellbeing are just as important to us as your time in work-mode.
Our salaries are competitive - rewarding your experience, hard work, and commitment. We also have a 401K plan which provides a matching contribution.
We offer several medical plans and options to choose from including dental, vision, disability and life insurance, dependent care and flexible spending.
Pets are part of the family too! We offer comprehensive vet insurance to make sure your cats are cared for, your pups are prioritized, and your lizards looked-after.
Summary Perform assigned functions within Escrow Administration timely and accurately while remaining compliant with all state, federal and investor guidelines. Es…
Summary Perform assigned functions within Escrow Administration timely and accurately while remaining compliant with all state, federal and investor guidelines. Essential Job Functi…
(Position is remote) As a member of our Wholesale DE Underwriting team will be responsible for underwriting residential loans for our Wholesale department ensuring compliance with appropriate company, secondary …
The Senior Loan Closer is responsible for coordinating loan closings in compliance with company, FNMA, FHLMC, FHA, VA and industry standard rules and regulations. This position will prepare legal documents and closing packages for title co…
Job Summary This position is remote. Underwrites residential loans ensuring compliance with appropriate company, secondary market investor standards and all applicable …
Summary The Mortgage Operations Manager is responsible for managing the entire loan process. Coordinate the operational and personnel development within operations. Serve as an escalation point for team lead…
Summary The Customer Advocate/Mortgage Loan Processor is responsible for processing Purchase loan applications in compliance with mortgage lending and applicable investor guidelines. Performs duties such as a…
Summary The DE Fast Track Program gives experienced Conventional Underwriters the opportunity to earn their DE certification by participating in AND passing a 6 week training course provided courtesy of Freedom Mor…
Coordinates the operational and personnel development within this department in operations. Serves as an escalation to help solve system and process issues that arise in the departmen…