The Director of Technical SEO will lead our SEO strategy and will be responsible for key elements of the organic search marketing channel for Freedom Mortgage’s websites. Will oversee technical SEO working closely with our Digital Experience website team and SEO consulting agency. Manage Freedom’s backlink building strategy including planning, outreach, and execution working with the Digital Marketing and Public Relations teams. Will provide analytics that demonstrate the impact technical improvements and backlinks make on search position, traffic, and lead generation. This is a critical role to the marketing team and will be expected to drive results. Reports to the Vice President of Digital Marketing.
Essential Duties adn Respobsibilities:
- Develop and implement technical SEO best practices, guiding product and technology teams to be proactive in site development.
- Improve site speed and Core Web Vitals performance for existing and new web pages. In this role, the Director will need to work effectively with the UX and web development teams and report on the impact of optimizations.
- Earn backlinks and traffic from high quality sites relevant to Freedom Mortgage’s businesses. The Director will set the strategy in collaboration with the Digital Marketing and Public Relations teams, execute the tactics, and report on the impact.
- Improve SEO performance by analyzing site navigation and internal linking and making optimization recommendations.
- Improve SEO performance with structured data for existing and new web content.
- Stay abreast of industry best practice and trends.
- Educate and mentor colleagues on SEO best practices throughout projects.
- Maintain regular and punctual attendance. Comply with all company policies and procedures.
- 8 plus years of related work experience.
- Bachelors degree required, Masters degree preferred.
- Experience with improving site speed and core web vital page performance.
- Experience earning high quality links from authoritative websites.
- Ability to collaborate with cross-functional teams and manage relationships across departments.
- In-depth knowledge of Google Search Console, SEMrush, Ahrefs, Screaming Frog, or similar SEO programs.
Career development and advancement
Working at Freedom, you have the chance to invest in yourself. From on-the-job training to advancement opportunities, and from tuition assistance to our annual internal leadership conference, we’re focused on upskilling, achieving, and celebrating.Learn More
We run huge company-sponsored donation events and contests, as well as offer paid volunteer time so you can commit your support to the causes which you care about most.Learn More
Holidays and paid time off
We offer ample paid time off including multiple paid holidays — because your downtime and well-being are just as important to us as your time in work mode.Learn More
Our salaries are competitive — rewarding your experiences, contributions, and hard work. We also have a 401K plan which provides a matching contribution.Learn More
We offer several medical benefits plans and options to choose from including dental, vision, disability and life insurance, dependent care and flexible spending.Learn More
Pets are part of the family too! We offer comprehensive vet insurance to make sure your cats are cared for, your pups are prioritized, and your lizards looked-after.Learn More
Summary: We are seeking a strong Marketing Manager who is responsible for the planning and coordination of marketing projects and requests, and routine reporting on marketing initiatives. Through planning, project …
Summary: Freedom Mortgage seeks an in-house Creative Director to lead the expansion of our in-house agency creative services team and company-wide rebranding effort. The role manages creative suppor…
Summary: The Purchase Mortgage Marketing Director is responsible for development and execution of all marketing-related strategies surrounding the purchase mortgage line of business. Candidate must be able to take …
Soar With Us. Flying ahead of the flock for over 30 years, we at Freedom Mortgage have taken millions of Americans under our wing and helped them achieve their dreams of financial betterment and homeownership. This…
Summary The Marketing Business Analyst reports directly to the Director of Marketing Business Analytics. The core responsibility of the Marketing Business Analyst will be to build, validate and deliver Freedo…
Summary The Marketing Project Manager develops plans, provides reporting, and builds the organizational processes to effectively implement and manage Marketing deliverables. This position provides direction to sup…
Summary: The Marketing Manager, Campaign Execution is responsible for execution of all business-related strategies surrounding direct to consumer digital marketing campaigns. Candidate must be an energetic self-sta…
The Sr Business Analyst formulates and defines project scope based on business objectives and technology capabilities through a combination of research, fact-finding, understanding of applicable business systems and industry standards. Provides …
**This is a remote position. ** Summary The Director of Property Risk Management is responsible for oversight of the company’s property valuation controls, third party appraiser, and appraisal managemen…