The Director Learning and Development is responsible for directing activities related to the design, development, and deployment of all needed training to support the Information Technology department, including: mortgage industry training, professional development, and technical skill advancement. This individual will work collaboratively with IT leaders to ensure coordination of Learning and Development activities with business planning, performance monitoring and performance management processes throughout the information technology organization. This role will also be responsible for strategizing in conjunction with the Information Technology, Vice President and Corporate L&D on how to leverage L&D as a competitive advantage to strengthen employee development and raise the level of talent across the company.
Essential Job Functions:
- Directs activities related to the design, development, and deployment of all needed training to support the Information Technology department
- Directs the needs assessment for training and staff development to enhance the effectiveness of employee performance in achieving the goals and objectives of the company.
- Manages training initiatives and produces studies and/or monthly reports to evaluate the effectiveness of training programs.
- Champions development and execution, planning and facilitation of company vision, mission and shared values.
- Manages and directs the development of learning activities, audio-visual materials, instructor guides and lesson plans.
- Reviews evaluations of training courses, objectives and accomplishments and makes assessments of their effectiveness in terms of employee accomplishments and performance.
- Provides critical input in the "embedded" departmental training/knowledge sharing initiatives.
Manages staff and carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
Appropriate travel may be up to 20%. This may change based on business needs.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential function satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
- Ability to develop relationships with key stakeholders across the organization.
- Strategic thinker with ability to develop and apply creative solutions to business challenges.
- Ability to manage multiple projects with efficiency and effectiveness.
- Must values the importance of a strong company culture.
Education and/or Experience:
- Bachelor Degree required
- 10+ years of business experience
- 5+ years facilitating corporate training and other programs
Career development and advancement
Working at Freedom, you have the chance to invest in yourself. From on-the-job training to advancement opportunities, and from tuition assistance to our annual internal leadership conference.
We run huge company-sponsored donation events and contests, as well as offering paid volunteer time so you can commit your support to the causes which you care about most.
Holidays and paid time off
We offer ample paid time off including multiple holidays - because our team is our family, and your downtime and wellbeing are just as important to us as your time in work-mode.
Our salaries are competitive - rewarding your experience, hard work, and commitment. We also have a 401K plan which provides a matching contribution.
We offer several medical plans and options to choose from including dental, vision, disability and life insurance, dependent care and flexible spending.
Pets are part of the family too! We offer comprehensive vet insurance to make sure your cats are cared for, your pups are prioritized, and your lizards looked-after.
Provide vision and direction to key IT initiatives by integrating processes, systems, and information to fulfill objectives impacting multiple business stakeholders. Initiate, plan and execute projects while monitoring and controlling the …
The Senior Business Analyst formulates and defines project scope based on business objectives and technology capabilities through a combination of research, fact-finding, understanding of applicable business systems and industry s…
The Communications and Engagement Specialist supports the Information Technology, Vice President of Communication and Culture as well as participate in multiple facets of the IT Department. The role would help the business by assisting in the cr…
Freedom Mortgage is seeking an enthusiastic and driven IT professional to join the Information Management (IM) team in the role of Business Intelligence (BI) Developer. A BI Developer interacts regularly with other members of the larger IM team …
The Director of Change Validation will be responsible for managing the people and process involved with ensuring software changes moving to production have been tested appropriately and present the highest level of assurance that their introduction i…
Under general supervision, formulates and defines system scope and objectives through research and fact-finding combined with an understanding of applicable business systems and industry requirements. With this knowledge, contributes to developm…
Under general supervision, formulates and defines system scope and objectives through research and fact-finding combined with an understanding of applicable business systems and industry requirements. With this knowledge, develops or modifies mo…
The Senior Business Analyst formulates and defines project scope based on business objectives and technology capabilities through a combination of research, fact-finding, understanding of applicable business systems and industry standards. Provi…
Results oriented Software QA Engineer lead with minimum 8 years total hands-on experience, including 5 years leading SDLC compliant on-shore and off-shore QA test teams. Proven liaison and partnership skills to effectively manage client ex…