The Director of the Investigations Unit will report directly to the SVP of the Investigations Unit, and ultimately the CRO/Risk Division. This position will be responsible for developing and leading investigations across the business including fraud, corruption, bribery and asset investigations. The Director will also act as the company's liaison with law enforcement and state and local governments as necessary.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Analyze data to identify fraud techniques, patterns and trends in both originations, and in Servicing cash functions.
- Collaborate with internal business partners on conducting fraud risks and investigations
- Develop measurable benchmarks and reporting
- Develop SOPs and policies for fraud investigations and ensure policies and procedures are kept current
- Manage a small team of investigators
- Take on ad hoc fraud investigations related projects/assignments as necessary
- Manager will be responsible for supervising daily operations of Investigations unit
- Mining large amounts of data in production and servicing to identify patterns of fraud or misrepresentation
- Lead or participate in site visits and interviews, oversee transactional reviews, analyze the results and synthesize observations and conclusions
- Communicate potential fraud and abuse that may be taking place within the respective business channels and work with business to take action to mitigate
- Provide fraud risk subject matter expertise in mortgage loan file review and support of underwriting and servicing functions
- Maintain regular and punctual attendance. Comply with all company policies and procedures
- SAR preparation and filing.
- Bachelor Degree (Preferred)
- 5-8 years of experience working in a Mortgage Fraud Investigative Unit may substitute for educational experience.
- Certified Fraud Examiner (CFE) Required
- Excellent verbal and technical writing skills
- Strong analytical and research skills
- Ability to interact effectively with people at all organizational levels
- Proven time management, organizational skills and ability to lead a team
Equal Employment Opportunity
Freedom Mortgage Corporation provides equal employment and affirmative action opportunities to all qualified individuals
without regard to race, creed, color, religion, national origin, protected veteran status, age, sex, marital status, sexual
orientation, gender identity, or non-disqualifying physical or mental handicap or disability.
Americans with Disabilities Act
Applicants as well as employees who are or become disabled must be able to satisfactorily perform the essential job functions
of the position either with or without reasonable accommodation. Applicants as well as employees are encouraged to meet
with Human Resources as the organization shall review reasonable accommodations on a case-by-case basis in accordance
with applicable law.
The following statements reflect the general duties and responsibilities considered necessary to perform the essential
functions of the job and should not be considered as an all-inclusive list of all the work requirements of the position. Freedom
Mortgage Corporation may change the specific job duties with or without prior notice based on the needs of the organization.
Career development and advancement
Working at Freedom, you have the chance to invest in yourself. From on-the-job training to advancement opportunities, and from tuition assistance to our annual internal leadership conference.
We run huge company-sponsored donation events and contests, as well as offer paid volunteer time so you can commit your support to the causes which you care about most.
Holidays and paid time off
We offer ample paid time off including multiple holidays - because our team is our family, and your downtime and wellbeing are just as important to us as your time in work-mode.
Our salaries are competitive - rewarding your experience, hard work, and commitment. We also have a 401K plan which provides a matching contribution.
We offer several medical plans and options to choose from including dental, vision, disability and life insurance, dependent care and flexible spending.
Pets are part of the family too! We offer comprehensive vet insurance to make sure your cats are cared for, your pups are prioritized, and your lizards looked-after.
Summary: Under the direction of the Senior Director or a Senior Auditor, the Internal Auditor is responsible for the development and execution of internal audits, which includes the below essential job functions. …
Position Description: The Foreclosure Director is responsible for oversight and compliance of the foreclosure process from foreclosure referral through foreclosure sale. They are also responsible for coordinating, monitoring and …
We are looking to hire a skilled and motivated Linux Server Administrator who will be responsible for the day to day operations of the infrastructure systems to meet the required SLA's for both the enterprise and customer facing operations. …
The Senior Business Analyst formulates and defines project scope based on business objectives and technology capabilities through a combination of research, fact-finding, understanding of applicable business systems and industry standards. Provi…
The Loss Mitigation Supervisor will be responsible, directly or through staff, for protecting the assets of the company in bankruptcies, repossessions and other legal proceedings. This position plans, directs, supervises and evaluates work…
Summary The Sr. Employee Relations Specialist is responsible for coordinating and directing the Employee Relations programs and functions. These functions include responsibility for developing, interpreting, and re…
OPEN TO REMOTE CANDIDATES! Summary: The Director of Loss Mitigations Specialist is responsible for the oversight and management of SPOC agents including but not limited to oversight of call…
Description Assist with expense analysis and expense forecasting. Assist with the consolidated forecasting process and own portions of the financial forecast models, including P&L, cash flow, and …
Description Oversee monthly performance reporting. Work with business unit heads to constantly improve reporting and complete ad hoc analyses Lead forecasting process and own financia…