As part of the IT group, the Director of Software Engineering Transformation will work with Freedom Mortgage leadership and software engineering teams in the modernization, transformation and execution of engineering practices.
The individual in this role will be a proven leader in a challenging environment with experience developing and implementing metrics strategy for operational efficiency and organizational maturity, developing and implementing a governance model around engineering activities. The Engineering organization within IT is transforming to enable the software engineering teams to scale, produce quality deliverables and increase throughput in an evolving Agile environment. This leader of engineering transformation will partner with Agile Transformation, Change Management, IT Security and Governance and Architecture teams to help drive and deliver on a vision to build out tools, practices, governance and metrics that enable Freedom engineering organization to be more efficient, consistent and deliver with speed and quality.
A successful candidate is a strong leader that is extremely comfortable in managing a team and executing to drive efficiency and transformation.
Essential Job Functions:
- Oversee and implements Metrics and Governance process within the Engineering transformation program.
- Be a transformational leader that can enable teams to work effectively in an Agile model.
- Work with Technology leaders across the organization to develop a Metrics strategy, build and integrate dash-boarding solutions for key performance metrics.
- Leads the metrics and scorecard initiatives by closely collaborating with the Agile Product teams and Leaders within the organization.
- Develop creating leading/lagging indicators, product-based reports, scorecards, periodic reviews and governance process
- Identifies and defines improvements to existing reporting data sources.
- Develop and implement the ownership model for Code Quality, Service Based Architecture and best practices around Agile delivery, Monitoring, Audit and reporting.
- Create guides and documentation on Confluence/Tableau platforms to provide visibility and allow for easy accessibility across the organization and enable adoption.
- Partner and collaborate with the IT Services organization to integrate the ITSM processes specifically Change, Problem and Root cause management.
- Work with the engineering, project management and delivery teams to champion Agile mindset, quality delivery and business value.
Manages Engineering transformation staff (including but not limited to reporting analysts, automation engineers, software engineers) and carry out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work.
- 7+ years of working in an Agile/Product development environment with exposure to scrum of scrums/release train concepts.
- 5+ years of experience with Agile/CI-CD tools, Data consolidation, report and dashboard development experience.
- Hands on experience with engineering transformation.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills to be able to articulate vision, direction and implementation strategy to the engineering leadership, peers and development teams.
- Hands on experience with business intelligence solutions for Product/engineering teams.
- Deep understanding and experience with dashboarding and reporting implementation with tools such as Tableau, EasyBI, etc.
- Hands-on experience with solving engineering and process problems and ability to develop and implement customized solutions
- Experienced with software engineering delivery methodologies including Code Quality, Security, Agile Delivery, Branching and Releases, CI/CD, Defect tracking and release functions.
- Extensive knowledge of Agile collaboration tools such as Jira, JIRA Align, Confluence, etc. CI/CD tools such as Jenkins, Nexus, SonarQube, etc.
- Experience in CI/CD automation, test automation and testing frameworks including Selenium and API would be a plus
- Ability to collaborate effectively and build strong partnerships across the organization and influence transformation and positive change.
- Ability to be flexible and deal with changing priorities, requirements and timelines/due dates
- Ability to identify and implement solutions quickly working collaboratively with a matrixed engineering organization.
Education and/or Experience:
- 10+ years of IT experience, with a specific background in Agile development and delivery in a mature product driven organization.
- 3-5 years of relevant experience working with cross-functional teams in a matrixed organization with demonstrated success of managing people including offshore contract resources
- Bachelor’s Degree from a Four (4) year College or University; Science, engineering, information systems or a similar technical discipline preferred
- Experience working in Mortgage Technology or Financial Services environments
Career development and advancement
Working at Freedom, you have the chance to invest in yourself. From on-the-job training to advancement opportunities, and from tuition assistance to our annual internal leadership conference, we’re focused on upskilling, achieving, and celebrating.Learn More
We run huge company-sponsored donation events and contests, as well as offer paid volunteer time so you can commit your support to the causes which you care about most.Learn More
Holidays and paid time off
We offer ample paid time off including multiple paid holidays — because your downtime and well-being are just as important to us as your time in work mode.Learn More
Our salaries are competitive — rewarding your experiences, contributions, and hard work. We also have a 401K plan which provides a matching contribution.Learn More
We offer several medical benefits plans and options to choose from including dental, vision, disability and life insurance, dependent care and flexible spending.Learn More
Pets are part of the family too! We offer comprehensive vet insurance to make sure your cats are cared for, your pups are prioritized, and your lizards looked-after.Learn More
At Freedom Mortgage Corporation , we are working with leading technologies to speed application development and transform our business in support of our continued growth. We are searching for an onsite Technical Lead to…
The Product Manager is responsible for the development and implementation of the Product strategy for our Human Resource technologies. Will work closely with business leadership to identify and recommend desired features and functionality that a…
Summary: The Product Manager is responsible for the development and implementation of the Product strategy. Will work closely with business leadership to identify and recommend desired features…
Summary: The Product Manager is responsible for the development and implementation of the Product strategy. Will work closely with business leadership to identify and recommend desired features and functionality that…
The First Flyer System Engnr IT Program is offering a 2-year rotational training program that will allow you to experience hands on training among 4 different teams in the technology side of the business. Structured similar to a college co…
The First Flyer Product Delivery Engineer Program is a 2-year rotational training program that will the colleague to experience hands on training among 4 different teams in the technology side of the business. Structured similar to a colle…
The First Flyer Data Engineer IT Program is offering a 2-year rotational training program that will allow you to experience hands on training among 4 different teams in the technology side of the business. Structured similar to a college c…
At Freedom Mortgage Corporation, we are working with leading technologies that include We are seeking a Senior Software engineer to join our progressive information technology team. This is an opportunity to develop your skills in …
ROLE : Cloud Infrastructure Engineer DESCRIPTION: At Freedom Mortgage Corporation we believe in being a leader in the industry when it comes to emerging technology. We…