The Default Referral Analyst III will be responsible for reviewing, analyzing and processing an assigned portfolio of accounts in pre-foreclosure status. Under the direction of the Default Referral Supervisor, the Default Referral Analyst will be responsible for the analysis of accounts to ensure the Foreclosure process is completed accurately in adherence to mandatory state and investor timelines by acting as a liaison between the various areas in default and outside counsel. Provide management with status updates and prepare a variety of complex reports to ensure compliance with all agency, investor and insurer guidelines.
Essential Job Functions may include:
- Responsible for ensuring compliance with directives, both verbal and electronic, from regulatory agencies, CFPB, GSE’s, investors and insurers for Default Services functional work groups
- Review daily reports to ensure investor and Freedom Mortgage guidelines are met timely with respect to breach letters, foreclosure hold statuses, etc. to prevent fines & reduce errors found during investor audits.
- Analyze & manage FCL timeline performance to ensure that no more than 10% of monthly case- load is past standard.
- Maintain Default Referral workflow inside of TEMPO
- Load eligible loans in TEMPO for Default Referral Specialist to work
- Conduct LoanServ testing for Project Design plans and provide feedback to IT Department
- Create and send referral packages to Foreclosure counsel based on investor, insurer and Freedom Mortgage guidelines
- Ensure that all cases in which Freedom Mortgage has exposure are escalated to management & In-house legal.
- Work closely with other default personnel (collections, loss mitigation, and REO) to ensure a seamless transition for loan accounts which move from one area of responsibility to another, for cross training purposes, and to assist other areas due to changes in workload and staffing.
- Follow up on all Foreclosure required actions monthly to ensure investor guidelines and monthly status requirements are met to prevent fines & reduce errors found during investor audits.
- Review of various current reports and assistance with identification of new reports, including ensuring department SLAs are met
- Establish and foster a work culture at all levels within the operation which is positive, collaborative, respectful, optimistic, and capable of driving long term operational sustainability.
- Prepare files for internal and external audits including miscellaneous research, filing and mailing
Other Related Duties:
Performs other related duties as assigned.
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
Education and/or Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree from a Four (4) year College or University; or four (4) to five (5) years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 7 years+ working knowledge of foreclosure laws and terminology.
Type of Skill and or Licensing/Certification/Registration:
- Microsoft Word
- Business Object
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or government regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, and percentages.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
Customer Service Relationships:
Assesses and diffuses problem situations and requires influencing others to reach consensus. Requires tact and diplomacy to handle difficult customer relationships. Explores alternatives and creative solutions to meeting the needs of customers.
Tasks are multiple and diverse with some interrelationship across processes. Work requires the direct application of a variety of procedures, policies and/or precedents.
Independent Judgement/Problem Solving:
Performs tasks and duties under general supervision, using established procedures and innovation. Chooses from limited alternatives to resolve problems. Occasional independent judgment is required to complete work assignments. Often makes recommendations to work procedures, policies and practices. Refers unusual problems to supervisor.
Physical Demands :
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
This job description does not list all the duties of the job. You may be asked by your supervisors or managers to perform other duties. You will be evaluated in part based upon your performance of the tasks and functions listed in this job description. The employer has the right to revise this job description at any time. The job description is not a contract for employment, and either you or the employer may terminate employment at any time, for any reason.
Americans with Disabilities Act:
Applicants as well as employees who are or become disabled must be able to perform the essential job functions either unaided or with reasonable accommodation. Applicants as well as employees are encouraged to meet with Human Resources as the organization shall determine reasonable accommodation on a case-by-case basis in accordance with applicable law.
Career development and advancement
Working at Freedom, you have the chance to invest in yourself. From on-the-job training to advancement opportunities, and from tuition assistance to our annual internal leadership conference, we’re focused on upskilling, achieving, and celebrating.Learn More
We run huge company-sponsored donation events and contests, as well as offer paid volunteer time so you can commit your support to the causes which you care about most.Learn More
Holidays and paid time off
We offer ample paid time off including multiple paid holidays — because your downtime and well-being are just as important to us as your time in work mode.Learn More
Our salaries are competitive — rewarding your experiences, contributions, and hard work. We also have a 401K plan which provides a matching contribution.Learn More
We offer several medical benefits plans and options to choose from including dental, vision, disability and life insurance, dependent care and flexible spending.Learn More
Pets are part of the family too! We offer comprehensive vet insurance to make sure your cats are cared for, your pups are prioritized, and your lizards looked-after.Learn More
Summary The Default Referral Analyst will be responsible for reviewing, analyzing and processing an assigned portfolio of accounts in active bankruptcy of those identified as possib…
Summary: The Default Oversight Specialist is responsible for review of call center performance. Reviews include compliance, performance, and adherence to existing protocols. Employee will ensur…
Foreclosure Specialist is responsible for working directly with governmental, special servicing, private label, and high profile investors while making decisions and providing resolutions regarding foreclosure issues in order to minimize risks a…
Soar With Us Flying ahead of the flock for over 30 years, we at Freedom Mortgage have taken millions of Americans under our wing and helped them achieve their dreams of financial betterment and home ownership. This i…
The primary role of the Default Business Control Specialist is to assist in the management of departmental and process related audits to determine risks, effectiveness of controls, compliance with requirements, and assess if performing wi…
Soar With Us Flying ahead of the flock for over 30 years, we at Freedom Mortgage have taken millions of Americans under our wing and helped them achieve their dreams of financial betterment and homeownership. Th…
The Customer Experience Complaint Analyst is responsible for the oversight and improvement of complaint root cause analysis and the development and maintenance of systems for managing service co…
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES The Business Analyst, Jr IVR/Web role is responsible for supporting the Freedom Mortgage self-serve programs, including customer portal website and IVR. This includes daily health …
Summary: The Supervisor Default Servicing Operations Support-Invoice Management will be responsible for the monitoring and management of the default invoice processing support staff. Will carry out managerial respo…