The Supervisor Default Servicing Operations Support-Invoice Management will be responsible for the monitoring and management of the default invoice processing support staff. Will carry out managerial responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities may include interviewing, hiring, and training of employees; planning assigning and directing work; appraising performance; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
Responsible for submitting status reports weekly, monthly or as determined by senior management.
Essential Job Functions may include:
- Problem solve and seek out new solutions to issues and/or workarounds
- Establish and maintain strong, effective working relationships with default staff, attorney and vendor clients and servicing/investor partners
- Maintain a high level of customer service through proactive communications with investors, attorney/vendor partners and employees
- Review and verify all invoices, back up documentation and check requests
- Sort, code and match invoices
- Reconcile accounts payable transactions and assure timely payment remittance and accuracy
- Research and resolve invoice discrepancies and issues
- Correspond with vendors and site employees
- Act as a point of contact/liaison, ensuring that policies and procedures relating to invoicing and remittance are followed, including compliance with federal laws and regulations
- Pulls monthly reports and performs audits verifying accuracy of invoices submitted for payment
- Works closely with Change Management and assists with UAT pre/post testing for implementation of new invoice type or changes based on insurer/investor guidelines
- Demonstrates professional behavior and teamwork, is punctual, dependable and adheres to Company policies and procedures
- Ability to work necessary hours to ensure success
- Ability to review invoices with increased approval limits
- Responsible for serving as a peer coach and trainer
- Ability to provide accurate monthly reports to management
- Basic knowledge of State requirements, CFPB, RESPA, FCRA, ECOA, and TILA requirements, including the most recent changes to these regulations
- Navigation and usage of Loanserve, Tempo, EDMS, ECMS, SharePoint, and iClear.
Other Related Duties:
Performs other related duties as assigned.
Manages staff and carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential function satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Excellent organization skills
- Attention to detail with an elevated level of accuracy
- Excellent communication skills
- Analytical and Problem-Solving skills
- Works well in a team environment
- Ability to meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to manage time well and prioritize tasks
- Microsoft Office experience and advanced Excel knowledge
- Ability to read and write in English to effectively communicate in writing as well as verbally in person and over the phone
- Ability to effectively present information to supervisory, etc.
- Ability to write reports and correspondence
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret documents such as technical journals, financial reports, legal documents, policies and procedures
- Ability to calculate basic financial figures and amounts
- Proficient in computer skills and knowledge of word processing, spreadsheet, accounting, general ledger, accounts receivable, accounts payable, e-mail and internet software
- Professional appearance and demeanor
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions
- Ability to work with little supervision.
- Must be able to handle high volumes in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to meet critical departmental and federal timelines with accuracy and efficiency.
- Ability to build relationships with both internal and external clients/vendors.
- Dedicated team player.
- Strong work and business ethics
- Must be able to handle high volumes in a fast-paced environment.
- Analytical and Problem-Solving skills
Education and/or Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree (B.A) from a four-year college or university; one to two years related experience and/ or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Proficient in MS Word, Excel, Adobe Acrobat and knowledge of various file formats.
- Minimum 3 years mortgage servicing experience preferred
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or government regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, and percentages.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
Some contact with others; including general public. Purpose of contacts is to provide explanation or interpretation of information. May handle confidential information and some complex matters.
Customer Service Relationships:
Requires moderate interpersonal and communication skills to ensure that customer requests or needs are met. Acknowledges and clarifies customer inquiries, requests, or complaints to ensure that needs are identified, documented and addressed.
Tasks are multiple and diverse with some interrelationship across processes. Work requires the direct application of a variety of procedures, policies and/or precedents.
Independent Judgement/Problem Solving:
Performs duties within scope of general Company policies, procedures and objectives. Analyzes problems and performs needs assessments. Uses judgment in adapting broad guidelines to achieve desired result. Regular exercise of independent judgment within accepted practices. Makes recommendations that affect policies, procedures and practices. Refers exceptions to policy and procedures to the supervisor.
Physical Demands :
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
This job description does not list all the duties of the job. You may be asked by your supervisors or managers to perform other duties. You will be evaluated in part based upon your performance of the tasks and functions listed in this job description. The employer has the right to revise this job description at any time. The job description is not a contract for employment, and either you or the employer may terminate employment at any time, for any reason.
Career development and advancement
Working at Freedom, you have the chance to invest in yourself. From on-the-job training to advancement opportunities, and from tuition assistance to our annual internal leadership conference, we’re focused on upskilling, achieving, and celebrating.Learn More
We run huge company-sponsored donation events and contests, as well as offer paid volunteer time so you can commit your support to the causes which you care about most.Learn More
Holidays and paid time off
We offer ample paid time off including multiple paid holidays — because your downtime and well-being are just as important to us as your time in work mode.Learn More
Our salaries are competitive — rewarding your experiences, contributions, and hard work. We also have a 401K plan which provides a matching contribution.Learn More
We offer several medical benefits plans and options to choose from including dental, vision, disability and life insurance, dependent care and flexible spending.Learn More
Pets are part of the family too! We offer comprehensive vet insurance to make sure your cats are cared for, your pups are prioritized, and your lizards looked-after.Learn More
Summary The Default Referral Analyst will be responsible for reviewing, analyzing and processing an assigned portfolio of accounts in active bankruptcy of those identified as possib…
Summary: The Default Oversight Specialist is responsible for review of call center performance. Reviews include compliance, performance, and adherence to existing protocols. Employee will ensur…
Foreclosure Specialist is responsible for working directly with governmental, special servicing, private label, and high profile investors while making decisions and providing resolutions regarding foreclosure issues in order to minimize risks a…
Freedom Mortgage is looking for a dynamic, passionate, and energetic Customer Audit and Review of Escalations Specialist (C.A.R.E.) to support our Call Center operations. The purpose of the role is to provide a research driven resource to Call Center…
Summary The Escalations Specialist is responsible for assisting Freedom’s customers to address disputes or concerns; resolve them in a timely manner, and to ensure the customer’s satisfaction. This will…
Summary: The Default Referral Analyst III will be responsible for reviewing, analyzing and processing an assigned portfolio of accounts in pre-foreclosure status. Under the direction of the Default Referral Superv…
The primary role of the Default Business Control Specialist is to assist in the management of departmental and process related audits to determine risks, effectiveness of controls, compliance with requirements, and assess if performing wi…
Soar With Us Flying ahead of the flock for over 30 years, we at Freedom Mortgage have taken millions of Americans under our wing and helped them achieve their dreams of financial betterment and homeownership. Th…
**THIS IS A REMOTE POSITION*** Summary The Business Process Manager is responsible for supervising staff and maintaining test …