DescriptionThe primary role of the Default Business Control Specialist is to assist in the management of departmental and process related audits to determine risks, effectiveness of controls, compliance with requirements, and assess if performing within tolerable risk level. In addition to audits, oversight of vendor, department and employee scorecards to ensure optimal performance across the Default organization.
- Execution of audit procedures including reviewing transactions performed in the servicing system, documents, records, reports, and policies & procedures to evaluate effectiveness of internal controls.
- Test Risk and Control Assessments for all areas of Default.
- Administer audits, or reviews, of processes within Freedom Default Departments to identify key Risks.
- Recommend and assist Default departments with process improvements or offer suggestions as to how risk can be mitigated within a process of a department.
- Identify areas at an acceptable risk level and ensure management is made aware.
- Identify training opportunities within the Default organization and perform follow up to confirm completion.
- Monitor KRI dashboard performance. Conduct deep dive for any component that may be underperforming.
- Compiles monthly department and line level employee scorecards. Reviews data to ensure accurate reporting.
- Work with Senior management to develop and implement new policies and procedures.
- Keep management informed of all trends and identified issues including, but not limited to, areas of risk, curtailment and avoidable losses.
- Stays abreast of changes in the servicing industry specific to Default.
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Must have at least 2-4 years of experience in residential mortgage servicing specializing in Default and risk management and business control testing.
- Able to work collaboratively with others.
- Articulate and effective communicator.
- Industry and product knowledge
- LoanServ servicing system experience
Career development and advancement
Working at Freedom, you have the chance to invest in yourself. From on-the-job training to advancement opportunities, and from tuition assistance to our annual internal leadership conference, we’re focused on upskilling, achieving, and celebrating.Learn More
We run huge company-sponsored donation events and contests, as well as offer paid volunteer time so you can commit your support to the causes which you care about most.Learn More
Holidays and paid time off
We offer ample paid time off including multiple paid holidays — because your downtime and well-being are just as important to us as your time in work mode.Learn More
Our salaries are competitive — rewarding your experiences, contributions, and hard work. We also have a 401K plan which provides a matching contribution.Learn More
We offer several medical benefits plans and options to choose from including dental, vision, disability and life insurance, dependent care and flexible spending.Learn More
Pets are part of the family too! We offer comprehensive vet insurance to make sure your cats are cared for, your pups are prioritized, and your lizards looked-after.Learn More
Summary: The Associate Director SPOC is responsible for the oversight and management of SPOC agents including but not limited to oversight of call center performance metrics tied to individual and department scorec…
The Director, Escrow Administration is responsible for providing oversight for the Tax and Escrow Analysis functions within the Escrow Administartion group. Essential Job Functions: …
Position Summary: Evaluates, designs, executes, measures, monitors and control business processes. Ensure that business process outcomes are in harmony with an organization’s strategic goals. Wor…
The FHA Claim Processing Specialist is responsible for the filing of all FHA Part B claims and all non-conveyance claims including CWCOT (Claims without Conveyance of Title), SFLS (Single Family Loan Sale) claims and all Loss Mitigation claims i…
**THIS POSITION CAN SIT REMOTELY** Contested Default/BK Case Specialist III is responsible for Bankruptcy related litigation, foreclosure non-jury trial case handling across all portfolios and investors and Non-Ro…
The Manager, Default Change Controls is responsible for the management of a team of Default Business Process Analysts who are overseeing project completion and change management items for Default. The Manager works collaboratively with various Defaul…
**THIS POSITION CAN SIT REMOTELY** Position Summary: The Credit Reporting Research Analyst should be proficient in all aspects of credit bureau reporting in order to maintain regula…
Summary: The Mortgage Professional is a customer focused, inside sales position within the Call Center. Will conduct the initial pre-qualification phone screen and prepare the loan application and necessary documen…
The Credit Reporting Research Analyst should be proficient in all aspects of credit bureau reporting in order to maintain regulatory compliance with the Fair Credit Reporting Act (FCRA). The position will play a key role in the ongoing monitorin…