DescriptionThe Manager of Default Business Controls will report to the Director Default Business Controls and work closely with the internal operational departments as well as external vendors. The primary responsibility is ensuring state and federal regulations, agency guidance and policy and procedures are followed within all lines of business of Default. In addition to compliance testing, responses to all internal and external audits along with performance management of KRI and RSA dashboard performance. The Manager must demonstrate a strong knowledge and understanding of the various rules/regulations for the GSE and Governmental Agencies. The Manager of Business Controls is responsible for identifying any and all issues which may cause risk to Freedom and provide structured communication back to the lines of business. Identification of risk will be identified through audit process and internal testing conducted by the Business Controls Group.
- Examines documentation and processes to ensure control points are executed in adherence to regulatory and agency guidance, policies and procedures.
- Ensures completion of all internal and external audit responses for Default.
- Default RSA and KRI oversight, testing controls within all Default lines of business, ensuring successful dashboard reporting.
- Oversight of monthly Default department and employee level scorecard performance and metrics.
- Claims second level audit and loss analysis, identifying areas of opportunities for enhancements.
- Responsible for conducting monthly vendor scorecard meetings to discuss performance and strategies.
- Oversight of Change Control Testing, verifying change is documented and working in production as required, testing monthly/quarterly/yearly.
- Recommend and assist Default departments with process improvements or offer suggestions as to how risk can be mitigated within a process of a department.
- Provide guidance and leadership for management and staff. Lead and mentor staff to develop and reinforce skills, improve processes and procedures, and increase overall effectiveness
- Maintain regular and punctual attendance. Comply with all company policies and procedures.
- Stays abreast of changes in the servicing industry specific to Default.
- Establish and foster a work culture at all levels within the operation, which is positive, collaborative, respectful and capable of driving long term operational sustainability.
- Work with management to develop and implement new or revised processes and guidelines.
- Review reports to ensure system integrity of all Default information.
- Review of current reports and assistance with identification of new reports, including ensuring department requirements are met.
- Management responsibilities, including hiring and training employees, directing work, monitoring and completing performance evaluations, employee recognition and discipline, addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Keep management informed of all trends and problems including, but not limited to areas of risk and curtailments, avoidable losses, and compliance problems that will create an “out of compliance” condition or expose Freedom to any risk of exposure or liability.
- Assist in identification of business drivers and trends as well as development and execution of strategic
- plans to address trends.
THIS POSITION CAN BE 100% REMOTE
- Must have at least 6+ years of experience in residential mortgage servicing specializing in Default Operations.
- 3-5 years of supervisory or managerial experience
- Able to work collaboratively with others.
- Articulate and effective communicator able to prepare and deliver detailed oral and written presentations to management.
- Able to complete assignments independently and meet reporting targets.
- Strong knowledge of GSE and Government Agency Default requirements.
- LoanServ servicing system experience
- Industry and product knowledge
Career development and advancement
Working at Freedom, you have the chance to invest in yourself. From on-the-job training to advancement opportunities, and from tuition assistance to our annual internal leadership conference, we’re focused on upskilling, achieving, and celebrating.Learn More
We run huge company-sponsored donation events and contests, as well as offer paid volunteer time so you can commit your support to the causes which you care about most.Learn More
Holidays and paid time off
We offer ample paid time off including multiple paid holidays — because your downtime and well-being are just as important to us as your time in work mode.Learn More
Our salaries are competitive — rewarding your experiences, contributions, and hard work. We also have a 401K plan which provides a matching contribution.Learn More
We offer several medical benefits plans and options to choose from including dental, vision, disability and life insurance, dependent care and flexible spending.Learn More
Pets are part of the family too! We offer comprehensive vet insurance to make sure your cats are cared for, your pups are prioritized, and your lizards looked-after.Learn More
The primary role of the Default Business Control Specialist is to assist in the management of departmental and process related audits to determine risks, effectiveness of controls, compliance with requirements, and assess if performing wi…
The responsibilities for the Default Best Execution Specialist include performing all day-to-day activities related to recommending the best financial strategy on defaulted loans and acquired properties serviced by Freedom Mortgage. Responsibili…
Summary The VA Claim Processing Specialist is responsible for the filing of all VA Basic expense claims and all non-conveyance claims including Third Party claims, max guaranty claims, Compromise Sales and Refundin…
Summary: The Loss Recovery Analyst is responsible for the QC, audit and oversight of loss recovery claims submitted for payment. It is the Analyst’s duty to ensure …
Summary: Position Description : The Customer Care Supervisor is responsible for the oversight and management of customer service/customer care including but not limited to; call center, web services and…
Job Summary The Loss Mitigation Supervisor will be responsible, directly or through staff, for protecting the assets of the company in bankruptcies, repossessions and other legal proceedings. This posit…
Soar With Us Flying ahead of the flock for over 30 years, we at Freedom Mortgage have taken millions of Americans under our wing and helped them achieve their dreams of financial betterment and homeownership. This …
Soar With Us Flying ahead of the flock for over 30 years, we at Freedom Mortgage have taken millions of Americans under our wing and helped them achieve their dreams of financial betterment and homeownership…
Soar with Us Flying ahead of the flock for over 30 years, we at Freedom Mortgage have taken millions of Americans under our wing and helped them achieve their dreams of financial betterment and homeownership. This …