The Data Strategy and Governance (DSG) organization is seeking a talented Data Governance Specialist to help grow our Data Governance Architecture team capabilities. You will leverage your experience to provide data analysis and acumen in promoting integration, re-usability, data quality and governance, and scalability across our Product platforms. The position will ensure that governed data is at the forefront for all Product teams of new and existing technologies across the Freedom enterprise. You will analyze and assist in identifying gaps in existing processes and discover solutions and policies that deliver a balance between data accuracy, consistency and availability following data governance best practices. You will work directly with Product Managers, developers, analysts, and engineers to help implement data governance solutions, provide guidance on overall data governance architecture and design and enforce best practices and standards across Product teams. The ideal candidate will have a proven track record of analyzing, evaluating, recommending, and driving potential architectural and/or data solutions that support successful data driven technology implementations.
Essential Job Functions may include:
- Become immersed into the technology product development teams to ensure that the best practice approach for Data Governance architecture, process and procedures are built into Freedom’s technology solutions
- Analyze processes and procedures that drive and dictate a data governance driven approach to data and development for all technology initiatives and provide recommended solutions
- Facilitate the development and implementation of data governance standards and adoption requirements across the technology product teams.
- Engage data owners and stewards, business users, and the data management team to ensure Data Governance and Quality processes are implemented and managed
- Organizes, coordinates and assists cross-functional teams in planning, development, and execution of Data Governance oriented business processes at the operational level
- Maintain data governance processes and controls by working with project and business leaders to analyze the impact of future changes on critical data and mitigate any potential risks to data quality.
- Provide status reports, roadmaps and project plans to internal teams based on assigned Data Governance architecture projects
- This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential function satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Ability to perform root cause analysis and make recommendations for the remediation of data governance and quality issues.
- Must be self-directed and have excellent initiative and organization skills.
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment and translate business needs into functional and/or technical requirements to meet the needs of the enterprise.
- Knowledge and understanding of data governance and data quality and how they affect business decisions.
- Ability to extract, analyze and profile data through business intelligence or SQL tools.
- Personal initiative to find opportunities, lead change, improve processes and solve problems
- Proven ability to collaborate with business data SME’s throughout the organization.
- Proven track record of meeting commitments with the highest standards of ethics and integrity
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Education and/or Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree from a Four (4) year College or University
- At least 2 years of experience in a Data Governance, Data Management or data centric role.
- At least 2 years of experience in Project life cycle activities on development and maintenance projects.
- Experience in banking or mortgage industry is preferred.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or government regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
Career development and advancement
Working at Freedom, you have the chance to invest in yourself. From on-the-job training to advancement opportunities, and from tuition assistance to our annual internal leadership conference, we’re focused on upskilling, achieving, and celebrating.Learn More
We run huge company-sponsored donation events and contests, as well as offer paid volunteer time so you can commit your support to the causes which you care about most.Learn More
Holidays and paid time off
We offer ample paid time off including multiple paid holidays — because your downtime and well-being are just as important to us as your time in work mode.Learn More
Our salaries are competitive — rewarding your experiences, contributions, and hard work. We also have a 401K plan which provides a matching contribution.Learn More
We offer several medical benefits plans and options to choose from including dental, vision, disability and life insurance, dependent care and flexible spending.Learn More
Pets are part of the family too! We offer comprehensive vet insurance to make sure your cats are cared for, your pups are prioritized, and your lizards looked-after.Learn More
The Telecommunications Business Specialist is responsible for coordination of telecom network orders, inventory management, billing reconciliations. and voice circuit MAC work across our national multi-site environment. Position Requirements Minimum of 8 years operational and business…
Description/Summary : The Senior Business Intelligence (BI) Developer is a member of Enterprise Data Solutions team, working collaboratively with end users to develop reports using enterprise BI systems and provide accessible information for decision-making. The Senior BI developer will use data from multiple sour…
Description/Summary : As part of the IM group, the Manager of Business Intelligence will provide Freedom Mortgage with managing, updating, and operating segments of our development team and the affiliated technical processes. Essential Functions : …
The focus of Software QA Test Automation Engineer III position will be to provide technical leadership to the test automation team and be responsible for designing and developing automated test solutions, create and maintain test automation framework, develop and execute automated test plans. This position is required minimum 8 years total han…
The Product Director is responsible for supporting the SVP, IT Product Management in the development and implementation of the automation strategy within technology products. Will work closely with business leadership to identify desired features and functionality, as well as opportunities for improvement. This role will foster eff…
The Product Owner is responsible for supporting the Product Owner (VP) in the development and implementation of the Consumer Self-Serve product’s technology strategy. Will work closely with business leadership to identify desired features and functionality, as well as opportunities for improvement. Thi…
The Product Owner is responsible for the tactical implementation of the Product strategy. Will work closely with Product Managers, Business Analysts, Engineers and leadership to create user stories and prioritized backlogs that are value-add, metric driven and contribute to the success of the business. This role will foster effective cross-tea…
Management of infrastructure systems and initiatives within local, remote, cloud data centers, and widely distributed corporate network with the responsibility to ensure the various systems are stable, available, and reliable with the capability of meeting the goals and objectives of the business. Evaluate vendor proposals a…
As part of the IT group, the Director of Software Engineering Transformation will work with Freedom Mortgage leadership and software engineering teams in the modernization, transformation and execution of engineering practices. The individual in this role will be a proven leader in a challenging environment with experience developing…
The Product Manager is responsible for the development and implementation of the Product strategy for our Human Resource technologies. Will work closely with business leadership to identify and recommend desired features and functionality that are value-add, metric driven and contribute to the success of the business. This role will foster eff…