The Data Governance Analyst is a high visibility position within Freedom Mortgage’s Data Governance organization and is responsible for supporting the enterprise-wide data governance program. This position requires both a strong understanding of data governance policies, standards and processes as well as proven technical expertise related to data warehousing, data analytics, and data quality software. The position will collaborate with data owners, data stewards, business users and Data Management team members and IT support staff on the adoption and ongoing implementation of data governance policies, best practices across the organization and remediation of the data quality issues
Roles and Responsibilities
- Engage data owners and stewards, business users, and the data management team to ensure Data Governance and Quality processes are implemented and managed, including updating and maintaining documentation, identifying and documenting critical data elements, preparing and managing business and technical metadata, defining data quality thresholds, and the identifying and triaging data integrity issues.
- Responsible for the administration of data governance and quality software, maintaining a corporate data dictionary, ensuring data quality standards are met.
- Organizes, coordinates and assists cross-functional teams in planning, development, and execution of Data Governance oriented business processes at the operational level.
- Measure progress against data definition and quality performance targets, following up with business representatives as necessary.
- Maintain data governance processes and controls by working with project and business leaders to analyze the impact of future changes on critical data and mitigate any potential risks to data quality.
- Builds dashboards and reporting to ensure proper communicate of the Data Governance program performance.
- Bachelor's Degree; computer science, software engineering, information systems or a related technical discipline preferred.
- At least 2 years of experience in a Data Governance, Data Management or data centric role.
- At least 3 years of experience with SQL development, data analysis and reporting
- At least 2 years of experience in Project life cycle activities on development and maintenance projects. Create a detailed project management plan and other project documents. Set milestones and deadlines and Manage project resources to Assign, prioritize, and supervise project tasks
- Ability to perform root cause analysis and make recommendations for the remediation of data governance and quality issues.
- Must be self-directed and have excellent initiative and organization skills.
- Experience in banking or mortgage industry is preferred.
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment and translate business needs into functional and/or technical requirements to meet the needs of the enterprise.
- Knowledge and understanding of data governance and data quality and how they affect business decisions.
- Ability to extract and analyze data via SQL.
- Experience with business intelligence tools such as (but not limited to) Tableau, Qlik or Power BI.
- Proficient in data profiling techniques and tools.
- Proven skills with Microsoft Office suite, especially Excel and Access required
- Personal initiative to find opportunities, lead change, improve processes and solve problems
- Proven ability to collaborate with business data SME’s throughout the organization.
- Proven track record of meeting commitments with the highest standards of ethics and integrity
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Career development and advancement
Working at Freedom, you have the chance to invest in yourself. From on-the-job training to advancement opportunities, and from tuition assistance to our annual internal leadership conference.
We run huge company-sponsored donation events and contests, as well as offering paid volunteer time so you can commit your support to the causes which you care about most.
Holidays and paid time off
We offer ample paid time off including multiple holidays - because our team is our family, and your downtime and wellbeing are just as important to us as your time in work-mode.
Our salaries are competitive - rewarding your experience, hard work, and commitment. We also have a 401K plan which provides a matching contribution.
We offer several medical plans and options to choose from including dental, vision, disability and life insurance, dependent care and flexible spending.
Pets are part of the family too! We offer comprehensive vet insurance to make sure your cats are cared for, your pups are prioritized, and your lizards looked-after.
Position may be remote Summary: The Project Review UW is responsible for reviewing documentation in detail for all new and existing condominium and cooperative projects to ensure compliance with intern…
IT Business Analyst (Remote) – The IT Business Analyst helps define process and reporting scope and objectives through research and fact-finding, combined with an understand…
Traditional Retail Processor (in Pacific or Mountain time zones) - The Loan Processor is responsible for processing contracts and loan applications.…
Call Center Quality Assurance Reps Responsible for monitoring the sales division. They currently monitor two loan applications per loan advisor. At the present ti…
At Freedom Mortgage Corporation, we are working with leading technologies that include Mulesoft to manage our move toward Service Oriented Architecture (SOA). We are searching for an experienced, senior level Mulesoft Architect (that has acted a…
The primary responsibility of this position is to manage the Home Mortgage Disclosure Act (HMDA) compliance program of Freedom Mortgage Corporation (Freedom), including population and filing of quarterly and annual HMDA LAR for Freedom and its s…
Summary The Change Management Analyst is responsible for reviewing, researching, and deciphering regulatory and compliance material to translate for Servicing Management. The Change Management Analyst identi…
The Mortgage Servicing Quality Control Director - Performing Loans is responsible for developing, planning, overseeing, and conducting quality control reviews of the various servicing areas in accordance with regulatory and agency standards. Thi…
Summary The Change of Circumstance (COC) Specialist is responsible for monitoring and completing COC requests submitted from the Broker and other Departments from within the company, based on changes made …