Freedom Mortgage’s Data Governance team is seeking a Data Analyst to work with our business, operations, governance, and technology teams to analyze data and drive insights including data quality, missing or incomplete elements, and ensure appropriate usage within the enterprise. The candidate will work within the Data Governance team and will help in documenting business and data quality rules and will ensure Data Quality across Critical Data Elements.
Responsibilities (What you’ll do):
- Perform data analysis on large, complex data sets to identify trends, patterns, and correlations
- Identify new and existing sources of data and methods to improve collection and quality for reporting environments.
- Partner with business stakeholders to help remediate data quality issues using data profiling and identifying patterns within the large-scale data platform across the enterprise.
- Collaborate with team members to collect and analyze data
- Preparing reports for executive leadership that effectively communicate trends, patterns, and predictions using relevant data .
- Creating appropriate documentation that allows stakeholders to understand the steps of the data analysis process and duplicate or replicate the analysis if necessary
- Create presentations and reports based on recommendations and findings
- Ability to explain the what, how, and why of data analysis to non-technical audiences
- Hands-on understanding of data management, data quality, metadata, data lineage, etc.
- Ability to break down complex business problems and recommend practical solutions
- Ability to extract and organize large datasets from a variety of sources using different approaches and tools
- Strong critical thinking and problem-solving skills; proven ability to develop and initiate creative innovations and solutions
- Detail-oriented with the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills including technical writing
Requirements / Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Computer Science, Information Technology, or appropriate combination of education and experience
- 5+ years of experience in a data analyst or business analyst role
- 5+ years of data analysis experience using SQL, Python, R, etc.
- 2+ years of experience working with databases (Oracle, SQL Server)
- Strong business acumen and analytical skill
- Strong written and verbal communications skills required
- Creative problem solver with a mindset around using and digging into data
- Experience with Tableau, Power BI or any other BI platform is a plus
- Experience and understanding of the mortgage industry a plus
Career development and advancement
Working at Freedom, you have the chance to invest in yourself. From on-the-job training to advancement opportunities, and from tuition assistance to our annual internal leadership conference, we’re focused on upskilling, achieving, and celebrating.Learn More
We run huge company-sponsored donation events and contests, as well as offer paid volunteer time so you can commit your support to the causes which you care about most.Learn More
Holidays and paid time off
We offer ample paid time off including multiple paid holidays — because your downtime and well-being are just as important to us as your time in work mode.Learn More
Our salaries are competitive — rewarding your experiences, contributions, and hard work. We also have a 401K plan which provides a matching contribution.Learn More
We offer several medical benefits plans and options to choose from including dental, vision, disability and life insurance, dependent care and flexible spending.Learn More
Pets are part of the family too! We offer comprehensive vet insurance to make sure your cats are cared for, your pups are prioritized, and your lizards looked-after.Learn More
Responsible for understanding business requirements and delivering high-quality technical solutions that empower the Marketing teams to utilize the Marketing Cloud automation platform. Supports the Freedom team with building custom queries, email templates, amp script-based dynamic templates, automation jo…
Senior SQL Server Developer This position is fully Remote SUMMARY The Senior SQL Server Developer within the Corporate Analytics division reports directly to the Vice President of Data Management & Reporting and is responsible for the design, development, testing and…
** This position is remote. ** Foreclosure Specialist II is responsible for working directly with governmental, special servicing, private label, and high profile investors while making decisions and providing resolutions regarding foreclosure issues in order to minimize risks and mitigate loss outside of their deleg…
**THIS POSITION CAN BE WORKED 100% REMOTE The Title Analyst II – Servicing Operations Support is responsible for filing loan policy insurance claims against title issues as recommended by legal counsel or as determined upon examination of title reports. Evaluate and examine property reports and title policies …
The Mortgage Servicing Rights (MSR) Transfer analyst is responsible for managing servicing transfers for Bulk and Flow Mortgage Servicing Loan acquisitions from various Mortgage Banking Institutions typically consisting of up to 30,000 loans being transacted and $8 Billion in unpaid principal balances. The coordinator also assists on larger MS…
The Business Analyst is responsible for both strategic and tactical planning and execution within the Command Center. The Business Analyst has a high level understanding of applicable business systems, industry and investor requirements and statutes including but not limited to FDCPA, TCPA, CFPB, Fair Lending and FLSA. This role will be key in…
The Jr. Dialer Analyst role is responsible for business day to day management of command center operations. This includes daily telephony management, workforce & staffing-level management, data analysis, reporting and software administration. Focus on business process and efficiencies, alongside on-time delivery will ensure success in this role…