**THIS POSITION CAN SIT REMOTELY**
The Credit Reporting Research Analyst should be proficient in all aspects of credit bureau reporting in order to maintain regulatory compliance with the Fair Credit Reporting Act (FCRA). The position will play a key role in the ongoing monitoring and resolution of regulatory / compliance issues related to credit bureau reporting. The Credit Research Analyst works with various departments to resolve exceptions or respond to requests from internal and external clients. Candidates will perform system testing to prepare for enhancements and system updates as well as provide support to the QC team and assist with audit readiness. Candidates will access multiple internal and external systems to perform their daily job duties.
Essential job duties:
- Maintain thorough understanding of Freedom Mortgage’s internal data and information resources as well as departmental processes and procedures.
- Perform research and analytical functions to respond to internal requests from all Servicing departments, exception/control reporting, and indirect/direct credit bureau disputes.
- Present analyses and recommendations to management in a clear, concise, convincing, and actionable format when applicable
- Responsible for summarizing root cause and providing clear responses and communications to a variety of internal customers and to our external customers via dispute response communication
- Assess and evaluate data transmitted to the bureaus and how that data is updated by the bureaus via bureau tradeline reviews
- Research and assess the rejection processes working directly with the credit reporting agencies.
- Train and mentor new employees/peers
- Conform with all department policies and procedures
- Perform daily functions and adhere to departmental expectations consistently
- Maintain regular and punctual attendance. Comply with all company policies and procedures
- Maintain thorough understanding of FCRA reporting requirements
- Maintain knowledge and expertise in Metro 2 ® reporting standards and CDIA reporting guidelines
- Maintain daily work load in a time-sensitive environment
- Proficient in all Microsoft applications, excel a plus
- Ability to multitask in a past-paced environment
- Extremely organizedand detail oriented, Problem solving a must
- 3-5 years mortgage servicing experience, Default Servicing a plus
- Sagent/Loanserv experience preferred but not required.
Career development and advancement
Working at Freedom, you have the chance to invest in yourself. From on-the-job training to advancement opportunities, and from tuition assistance to our annual internal leadership conference, we’re focused on upskilling, achieving, and celebrating.Learn More
We run huge company-sponsored donation events and contests, as well as offer paid volunteer time so you can commit your support to the causes which you care about most.Learn More
Holidays and paid time off
We offer ample paid time off including multiple paid holidays — because your downtime and well-being are just as important to us as your time in work mode.Learn More
Our salaries are competitive — rewarding your experiences, contributions, and hard work. We also have a 401K plan which provides a matching contribution.Learn More
We offer several medical benefits plans and options to choose from including dental, vision, disability and life insurance, dependent care and flexible spending.Learn More
Pets are part of the family too! We offer comprehensive vet insurance to make sure your cats are cared for, your pups are prioritized, and your lizards looked-after.Learn More
The Director, Escrow Administration is responsible for providing oversight for the Tax and Escrow Analysis functions within the Escrow Administartion group. Essential Job Functions: …
Position Summary: Evaluates, designs, executes, measures, monitors and control business processes. Ensure that business process outcomes are in harmony with an organization’s strategic goals. Wor…
The Manager, Default Change Controls is responsible for the management of a team of Default Business Process Analysts who are overseeing project completion and change management items for Default. The Manager works collaboratively with various Defaul…
The Credit Reporting Research Analyst should be proficient in all aspects of credit bureau reporting in order to maintain regulatory compliance with the Fair Credit Reporting Act (FCRA). The position will play a key role in the ongoing monitorin…
This position is responsible for reconciliation of the recoverable corporate advances on all Bulk and Flow Mortgage Servicing Loan transfers from various Mortgage Banking Institutions. This position will also ensure…
***THIS POSITION CAN SIT REMOTELY*** The Loss Mitigation Supervisor will be responsible, directly or through staff, for protecting the assets of the company in bankruptcies, repossessions and other legal pro…
***THIS POSITION CAN SIT REMOTELY*** The Loss Mitigation Supervisor will be responsible, directly or through staff, for protecting the assets of the company in bankruptcies, repossessions and other legal proceedings. T…
**THIS POSITION CAN SIT REMOTELY** Position Summary: The Loss Mitigation Supervisor will be responsible, directly or through staff, for protecting the assets of the company in bankruptcies, repossessions…
Soar With Us Flying ahead of the flock for over 30 years, we at Freedom Mortgage have taken millions of Americans under our wing and helped them achieve their dreams of financial betterment and homeownership. This …